• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#41 CoasterBuilder

CoasterBuilder

Aminspec Employee

• 659 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

Dude, thats a fortune...
I'd have to pay like 30 dollars for 100 of them. I paid 30 dollars for 500 of them off ebay.

Agreed. Just go on eBay and wait for a good deal on them. There's almost always someone selling them for a good price there. I got 75 of them for $7 (including shipping), and I'm sure there's even better deals.

^^ Build Sheikra as long as you won't lose interest. A good coaster is always a good coaster. I would suggest implementing a holding brake at the top of the drop though. Just use a motor switch that would raise and lower a braking device on contact with the car.

Well, I finally fixed my computer, but my iPod is still broke. The computer does not want to recognize it, even in restore (DFU) mode. Hopefully, I'll have it repaired soon so I can get that foundation built on Calypso.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My SSC Gallery

Thunderstruck Video

Currently Working On: Calypso

#42 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:11 AM

well my mom decided to buy a new house 3 hours away, so me and my 2 brothers are renting out the old house, and staying there.

Man that's awesome. I would love to have a house to just me and my brother. Congrats...

Any song suggestions for Manta's final video?

Not really sure if I'm wasting my time when I could be building something never done before, any opinions?

Maybe you can use an RCT song. They have some nice water(ish) songs...

I say you should build something else. It's up to you though...

Well, I finally fixed my computer, but my iPod is still broke. The computer does not want to recognize it, even in restore (DFU) mode. Hopefully, I'll have it repaired soon so I can get that foundation built on Calypso.

That sucks, I hope you can get it to work. Sometimes I hate technology...

Well sometime I will get pics of what I have for the Topple Tower up. Been busy with work. My boss in on vacation and I got bombarded with hours...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#43 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

I don't know if anyone has noticed but, the reason I haven't been building anything for Aminspec is because I'm moving. I had to pack up all my knex because we have people coming into our house and stuff. I'll be back to building in no time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#44 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

How would I attach a tube support to a flat box like in the picture? The supports can't go inside the box though, because of the chain.

Sorry for the blurry picture, but that's where the support needs to go.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Slide those 2 black connectors over 2 rods on the tube support and connect them to the rod that is connected to the half moon connectors.

Edit: wait, is that one tube support going strait up? Or is that two? I can't really tell.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#46 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

It's two supports at an angle, like These.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

Oh ok. This is what I do. I connect ( I don't know what they are called but they are grey and the have to connection holes) to the black connectors. You would have to turn your black connectors. Then I stick a rode through the (whatever they are called) connecters. And then a connect that rode to the brown rode that is on your half moon connectors.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#48 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Sorry for my lack of activity, I have been really busy lately...

Coaster55 I would use the ball and socket joints to connect those supports to the track...

Posted Image

#49 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:12 PM

I just thought of something. What if we have an employee of the month?

Also I think we need a suggestion thread.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#50 CoasterBuilder

CoasterBuilder

Aminspec Employee

• 659 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

I like the employee of the month idea. It might inspire some of us to do more work around here.

Anyways, sorry for my general lack of activity. Finals are coming up, and I just don't have as much time to build as I used to. Once summer hits, I should have more time to build.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My SSC Gallery

Thunderstruck Video

Currently Working On: Calypso

#51 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

I think summer will be a big relief for us. Then we can focus on building more. I will start the employee of the month this month. I like that idea. At the end of every month I will announce a winner. This is all for friendly competition. No silly arguing please...

Posted Image

#52 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

Are tube supports supposed to allow my lift to rotate a little? These pictures were taken with only one support, now with all 3 it only turns about half as much. Will the turn at the top of the lift fix it, or are the connections wrong?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:56 PM

A little rotation is always going to happen, and the more track and supports you have the more they actually support eachother. So as you move along you will see things starting to hold better. Unfortunately you still have a lot of movement. Much more than there should be...

Try a connection along these lines...

Posted Image

Instead of having the long granite rods use smaller ones...

Posted Image

#54 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

^^Yay you used my idea.

^dude, that's insane. It looks so sturdy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#55 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

I had the same problem but I found a way to strengthen it. that support looks awesome unfortunately it wouldn't work for A Beam lift like I used on power glide. I designed the beam lift after Goliath's lift and it worked great.

#56 LukeIsLuke

LukeIsLuke

Entry Engineer

• 637 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

^^^
Nice, I'll keep that in mind when I do my own.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

#57 Mikecoastermaniac

Mikecoastermaniac

Where'd He Go?

• 1770 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

Weird. My tube supports never did that...
But I dont have any pictures of the connections either. :lol:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Watch My Coasters!

http://youtube.com/u...CoasterCreation

MaXair732865 (9:31:57 PM): seriously, i need a really compact layout
TehMike23 (9:32:07 PM):drop, loop, diveloop, zero-g, up into break run, helix..
MaXair732865 (9:32:12 PM): im not going to post this, dont worry
TehMike23 (9:32:15 PM): cockscrew, then station
MaXair732865 (9:32:28 PM): cockscrew? what the hell is that?
MaXair732865 (9:32:44 PM): sexuall? Innuendo much?
MaXair732865 (9:32:55 PM): Dang
TehMike23 (9:33:06 PM): ahahahah

My Top 5 Coasters
1-Maverick
2-Top Thrill Dragster
3-Millenium Force
4-Griffon
5-Apollos Chariot

#58 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

I feel kinda bad for evcom coasters. The only members wanting to join the company are noobs. Then again it is pretty funny.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#59 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

I hate lazor...Period...

So really I don't care how his company does...

He's a kid who tries to act tough for a website full of people who build roller coasters. Seriously why do we care about how "tough" he is?...

Posted Image

#60 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

I haven't been able to do any work on SheiKra lately, I was on a school trip to a time share in Corpus Christi the last few days. Anyway, I'm having some problems with SheiKra. Right now it's just a bigger, tube supported version of the last time I built it. I've been thinking of building it much smaller, on a wood base similar to This. The wood base could be used for tunnels and the paths in the area. I'm not sure if I'm planning too big for this though, and will get bored with it when it comes to the non trackwork. I don't know how much a base of wood that big would cost either, and how much work it really is.

The other option is forget SheiKra and build a dueling coaster, between an invert and a sitdown. This would be box supported, though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vv mega hyper coaster