Adrenalin General Chat

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

Just thought i should start up a thread to dump ideas, announce future coasters, etc. One thing i'm very pleased to announce is that pkiknex25 (Kevin) and I will be recreating Diamondback this summer together, and it very well may be my last coaster since i'm going two states over for college next semester, and it's likely that i'll have an internship for the rest of the summers until i get a real job. So i'm really excited about it, and so is Kevin, and it'll DEFINITELY be a great coaster to go out on.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#2 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Sound great CC10. I might as well post this. I came up with an idea for a looper that I'm pretty sure could be done in real life. It's basically a cobra roll but the half corks are half twists on a 45* angle(going up) and it turns at the top like an overbank then goes back down. I plan on using this on the accelerator for GILA. If anybody is confused I can draw a picture.

EDIT: Hay CC10 can you move the thread for GILA to the sponsored construction?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#3 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

^Done. So it's somewhat like an inverted top hat at about a 135 degree angle?

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#4 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, I guess you could put it that way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper

#5 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:30 AM

Well I just looked at the updated company rosters and it says that we now have rollerdude. Is this true?

If so... Welcome Rollerdude!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:

#6 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

Yep, rollerdude asked me in private, and nobody could possibly have a problem with him joining out company. I mean, it's rollerdude!

And does anybody have any ideas for future coasters that could be built? We should probably get moving with this company, shouldn't we?

-CC10

Posted Image

#7 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

lol yeah.

As for ideas, I've got a few but I'll post them later, have them written down somewhere and can't think of them off the top of my head.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:

#8 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

I'm confused, what do we DO in this company? I know we're a coaster building co. but do we build coasters seperately, yet they're for the company? I'm not sure how that works.

I have a great layout for my next one, that I think all of you but Rollerdude know what it is. It's basically a Blindsided re-do with different elements. It doesn't even looks like Blindsided anymore though. What do you guys think about the name Apache? I'll explain the layout later, but construction starts FOR SURE this weekend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#9 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

We just strive to build the best coasters out there, essentially. As a group of members, our standards are higher than most everyone else's, so by coming together as a group (a company) we can bounce ideas off of each other and help out on a higher level than you would get on a freelance coaster.

Once AP exams are over i should be able to get back to RedLine, although that might have to be split time with a physics project that will be mostly K'Nex. Crazy Rube Goldberg machine...i'll probably post it in here when we start.

-CC10

Posted Image

#10 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

Alright well I got some of my ideas.

-An X-Car sky loop type coaster. Very few have been done and something like that would be very unique.

-A dark ride coaster with steep, sharp drops and quick turns and is very compact.

-A flier that starts off with a pretzel loop drop.

I'll think of some more later.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:

#11 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

I've seen this track strengthening and I want to find out if it's practical to use. If so, I'm going to bust out the pieces and give Monarchy some much needed TLC.

I need to make the camera mount tutorial that I used for Monarchy's POV. It's easy, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#12 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

Hay guys, last weekend was fun! But man, I miss Diamondback :( We really need to start posting in here more IMO. Lets get some ideas flowing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:

#13 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

Ok, I'll start off with a list.

Jimmy
Jim
Jim Jam
Jim Jamboree/Jimmy Jamboree
Jamboree
Jambo
Jambo Jim

hahahaha I can't let that go...

So what's everyone doing for MotY? Me and Ben with DB, Brian (CAC) with Apache

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#14 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

Guys, I still need to do my camera mount tutorial still...

I should write that down, right now.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan

#15 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:11 AM

I've got Project G.I.L.A./aka Genocide.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:

#16 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hey there guys, I am now a part of Adrenalin as well. w00t. My only fear is that my coaster-building will not live up to the standards set by everyone else in the company. Oh well.

About Dr. Schlepper (yes, a dumb name I know, but I want to theme it with random Dr Pepper cans/bottle everywhere)... I need to be done by the middle of next week, so...I'm speeding through stuff. right now I don;t car much if there are minor flaws, as long as the train makes it through.

some inside info...
the setting is a park where there is a cliff. There are 3 ways to navigate this cliff: a monorail, a long pathway around, and Dr. Schlepper. The coaster will feature 2 stations. the station at the top is what I have built out of, with the tunnel and drop and all that, etc. From the bottom station will be a rubber band launch to get the train back up to the upper level. there will not be much to that side, just some bunny hills perhaps and a turnaround.
My main issue other than time is tubing. I probably will have enough to finish, but I think mush of the second portion of the coaster will not have middle tubing.

Well, that's all for now. Glad to be among some great builders here at Adrenalin.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#17 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

Welcome. We're glad you can be a part of our company.

Posted Image

#18 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

Hey guys, griffon14 PMed me a while ago wanting to join our company and i told him to finish gilgamesh so i can see how he handles an entire coaster. Well it's done and he PMed me again asking me to follow up on what i said. Well, here's the video:

what do you guys think? I think he has potential but i'm not entirely convinced he's experienced enough, or even if he'll be staying around.

-CC10

Posted Image

#19 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

I'm gonna have to say no at this point. I think he needs a bit more experience before we can comfortably add him. I am of the opinion, however, that RCF919 would make a great addition to Adrenalin if he so wishes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#20 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'm going to say no as well, for the same reason fastman gave about experience. RCF919 is already in F&F Industries, but if he wants to switch, I think he'd be great for Adrenalin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!