deals good knex

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:59 AM

Welcome to Aminspec's Top Employee thread! To encourage a little more activity in this place I introduce Top Employee. This title will be awarded to the member that does the most in the company, IMO, over a three month period. Originally it was going to be every month I know, but considering we only have around 12 members, that would be a bit redundant. For sake of simplicity this award will be announced every quarter of a year according to a fiscal year...

Here is the schedule I am talking about...

January-March
April-June
July-September
October-December

So whomever does the most in the company over that period of time will be announced as the Top Employee. This member will keep the title for three months until it is time to pick a new Top Employee. Yes you can win two successive quarters AKA back to back...

The first award will be announced at the end of this month. Each winner will be announced with a write up of why he received this award including pictures and quotes...

Let me know what you guys think...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#2 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

The First Top Employee of Aminspec is...

CoasterBuilder!

During the first few months of Aminspec CB has done some fantastic things. Lets look at a few...

He helped to bring TBM, a wonderful builder, to our roster with this outstanding PM...

TBM -

Here at Aminspec were highly impressed with Hydra. As you stated, it truly is one of the best recreations on SSC. That is why we would like to offer you a position at Aminspec.

Now before you make a decision, consider this: Aminspec is highly devoted to making the best innovations and producing high quality coasters. We have seen that you are considering building Millie, and we would love to fully back your effort. I have no doubt that together, we could create a fully-functioning model of Millie, from the cable lift to the automated station. Just remember our motto: "Believe in the Impossible."

Why join a company anyways? Well, from what I've been told from mods, Aminspec is by far the most active company. Since being founded only days ago, we have over 100 posts in our subforum. We currently are working on multiple projects, and would really like some extra advice and suggestions.

But anyways, Aminspec would love to have you on our team. Whatever you decide to do, we here at Aminspec would like to wish you best of luck on your next coaster

- CB

Not only was he professional in his original PM, but he was also patient and professional during the mix ups that took place while hiring TBM...

He has made some great suggestions to the future of Aminspec...

Oh man, I've had so many crazy ideas over the years. Here's some of the stuff I've tried, but have failed for various reasons:

1) Weight drop launch
2) Cantilever coaster
3) Side friction coaster (I turned around the axles on the car and tried to make custom track, but it didn't work out as planned)
4) A true non-inverted spiral lift (so no central rotating piece)
5) SS motor-controlled drill launch (this was before the automatic switches, now it shouldn't be too hard)

I have my hands tied up with Calypso, and thus won't be able to build any new rides. But here are some of the ideas I've had:

1) Fully operational elevator lift using a variety of motor switches
2) Mountain Glider coaster (Vertigo at Walibi World, I believe)
3) "Generalized" motor system - would allow one motor to turn on/off all other motors in a ride, so only one switch would ever have to be controlled
4) Automatic floor raising/lowering on inverts (don't know if its been done)

He has fully planned a coaster privately through Aminspec...

Ok, here are my *top-secret* plans to make Calypso the perfect final coaster. Here's the plan:

Foundation

The entire ride will be elevated onto a foundation one red/long green rod high. This will allow for the coaster to go in trenches (ala Montu) but is primarily going to be used to house ride mechanisms.

Layout

The overbank will dive into a trench, from which it will exit with a corkscrew over a scenic water fountain in a small pond. From there, it will curve around the bank of the ride and go into the station. Short layout, but I don't have the room for anything bigger.

Ride Mechanisms

As you can guess, the whole ride will be fully automated. The station will have a full sequence (stops, turnstiles rotate, goes). The entire ride system will be "generalized." In essence, this is an idea I came up with that should allow one motor and its switch to turn on/off all other motors.

Thematic Elements

As stated previously, the ride will feature a corkscrew over a water fountain. I still do not know how to contain the water for the pond. Additionally, the ride will feature multiple color lights focusing on key elements, such as the loop, the fountain, and the overbank. These lights may or not be hooked up to motors to make them move, I have not planned that far just yet. And of course, there will be plenty of palm trees on a nice grassy material.

Story

StoryBoard has been enlisted to help with the story and theming. The story has yet to be created, but I was thinking about including something about a ship landing in paradise after a storm (or something like that perhaps).

We also cannot forget the beautiful logo he created for us...

Posted Image

So lets all give a congratulations to CoasterBuilder for being the first Top Employee of Aminspec!...

Posted Image

#3 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:14 PM

Congrats CoasterBuilder! You definitely deserved it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 CoasterBuilder

CoasterBuilder

Aminspec Employee

• 659 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

Thanks guys! It means quite a bit to me, and if anything, really encourages me to get going on Calypso. I've been kept busy with summer classes, but hopefully I'll be able to get going on Calypso within the next week or two!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My SSC Gallery

Thunderstruck Video

Currently Working On: Calypso

#5 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

Congrats, CB. Best of luck with the rest of Calypso.

EDIT: Just wondering, shouldn't this be Stickied?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#6 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:36 AM

Can't wait for Calypso updates CB. I am glad this gave you some initiative to build...

^This is "stickied" I can't actually sticky a thread in these sub forums so I use an * to signify that it is an important thread...

Posted Image

#7 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

So who's the Top employee of July?

EDIT:Sorry. I'm used to employee of the Month.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#8 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:17 PM

For sake of simplicity this award will be announced every quarter of a year according to a fiscal year...

Hehe...

Posted Image

#9 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

BUMP! So, RCT2123. Who is the top employee of the recently ended quarter of a year?

Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#10 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:16 AM

I will announce the one for September soon. I completely forgot about this...

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#11 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

Lol, september being posted in November? Hahaha nice ;-)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks ~stεεlspectrum~
Posted Image
Believe in the Impossible

#12 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

Just a little late haha...

The Top Employee of July-September is...

da master826!

From the time he started da master826 has been on top of innovation. Here are few things he has done...

His moving Invert floor is the first seen on SSC...

Posted Image

It will be nice to have this under the name of Aminspec in the near future...

He developed the main idea for the flyer cars way back when we originally came up with the idea...

Posted Image

He is currently in the process of making a real working Mr.Freeze duel station...

Posted Image

Plus he has been one of our most active posters...

So lets all give a congratulations to da master826 for being the July-September Top Employee of Aminspec!...

*Applause*

I will have the next TE out after Christmas...

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#13 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

Yay! I am honored. Thank you RCT2123, and the rest of Aminspec.

#14 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

RCT, it is now the begining of May. I think that is sufficient time to determine the new Top Employee. I'm sorry if you don't have much time for this place but you are still president.

#15 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

You would be correct on that. I really don't have much time for this place. Anyone interested in taking over the president job? I will still be an employee but I don't feel that it is fair to the rest of you guys if I don't update things...

Post in the anything goes thread if you are interested in being president...

-RCT2123

Posted Image