Dorney Park 6-24-09

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

I'm not gonna do a full TR, just a ride count and pics.

Ride Count:
Hydra: 6x
Talon: 6x
Thunderhawk: 1x
Steel Force: 5x
Possessed: 2x
Wild Mouse: 1x

Pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

not to great but whatever:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Only thing that could make this better would be if Steel Force's train was visible:
Posted Image

There were 2 in the main shop, I didn't check the price:
Posted Image

Read the signs:
Posted Image

My brother, My Uncle, Me:
Posted Image

Off-Rides:

Comment!

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#2 decaxxeca

decaxxeca

just call me Ten

• 974 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Lincoln at dorney park rd LOL

Posted Image

#3 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

Dude, I want to go there really bad. I have that Cedar Fair max pass thing that lets you go to all the Cedar fair places. I am going to CP on the 17th and just maybe KI. I can probably get my Mom to let me go the Dorney too.

BTW, Cool shirt.

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#4 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

The coasters here are sick. Talon looks like it has potential to be one of the best inverts ever. Possessed looks so much better then other impulse coasters. Hydra is pretty fun and the jo-jo is awesome. Thunderhawk, ehh kinda a dissapointment but it's ok I guess, steel force is good but not top 5 worthy. The park is pretty cool also.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#5 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

I agree with the Thunderass call, it kinda sucks...I might get there this year but it is doubtful...

Posted Image

#6 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

It's unfortunate for Dorney that Great Adventure is right there, because once you go to GAdv, Dorney looks like shit.

I will agree with you on Talon and that is probably it. I am tempted to say that it may be my favorite invert also. Steel force just blows, Hydra is alright (I remember a good amount of vibrating), and Thunderhawk is a bro. If you take off your seatbelt in the front seat of Thunderhawk, you could easily kill yourself. It's that badass.

Glad to see you had fun though, I remember the years where I went to Dorney 10-15 times a season...

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#7 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:40 AM

Wicked twister is better!!:)

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#8 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:08 AM

^Although I havn't ridden WT, I say Possessed might be the best because it holds you vertical and WT doesn't. Although I can't really say anything.

^^Yeah, I sat in front and when I realized the trains were like Comet I thought "Awesome, I'm gonna get airtime. I'm gonna loosen my seatbelt". Not a good idea. Hydra shakes like hell in the front. But it's not to bad in the back. How far into NJ is Great Adventure?

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#9 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Wicked Twister is better but not much. All the twisted impulse coasters (minus WT and V2 at SFDK) are relatively the same, Possessed really isn't anything special. V2 might actually be the best impulse coaster.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#10 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

WT in the back is amazing. Spiraling down is just sick, twisting so fast. I've ridden Steel Venom at Geauga Lake, and it's not as good as WT.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#11 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

Uploaded my On-Ride.

LAZOR22SIG2.png