• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Loop De Loop

Loop De Loop

Entry Engineer

• 849 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

Thursday-July 9

The day started out early with an 8 hour drive to the dells.
Long car rides and high anticipations as we arrived. We were here for my dad’s fifty mile trail run and stayed at devils head resort in Baraboo Wisconsin. We arrived late and got some dinner. Then we went back to the hotel to get some rest.

Friday-July 10

We all wake up early and get ready to go. Our hotel is a solid half hour away and we stop in a small town for breakfast. We finally arrive! We get to Mt.Olympous slightly past nine and get our tickets. We are ready to head in. We walk inside the park and go straight to Zeus since it is right at the front. A wooden coaster 85 feet tall and a 60 MPH drop. For my first time I rode in the ejector seat for maximum air time. Mistake. This had to be the bumpiest ride in the world. It hurt and shook you all over and was not very fun. Next was Hades. The biggest coaster in the small park is a wooden coaster 160 feet tall and 70 MPH drop. Once again I go to the ejector seat. Only this time it was even worse. After the drop a sharp turn is next and rips your neck to the side. Not what I would call fun. The end of this coaster was filled with high speed turns that were not banked in the slightest. But this coaster and all others in the park had one train going at a time and a virtually invisible line so that was the only good thing. Next we went to the Poseidon go carts. Awesome Go-Carts and a great time.

Brother to the mighty Zeus and Hades, Poseidon is not to be underestimated. God of the Sea, Poseidon rules all things water including this six story, multi-towered, underwater go-kart track. Accelerate through the twists and turns of the raceway and actually plunge under the water in pursuit of championship. This track will amaze you as it takes you around and through Poseidon's watery domain. Don't be fooled by his calm demeanor, Poseidon is a force to be reckoned with.

Next I went with my parents to the wave pool. Now I went off to the rides by myself and did everything else. First (from what I remember) I walked around a bit and was not sure what to do. So I did two of the water slides. I did Demons Drop a 85 foot tall free fall slide. It was not very good. You have to cross your feet and arms. The water rode up your feet and got projected right into your face. So the same with its sister slide Dragons Tail. It was the same thing with some bumps in the drop for extra thrills. That one was cool because it felt like you were going to fall off the entire time. Now I was back off to the coasters. From what I remember next I went to Pegasus a sixty foot tall coaster with a 40 MPH drop. It was ok nothing special a good drop but very bumpy in the ejector seat. I did the same thing with Cyclops 78 feet tall and 58 MPH. That one was so bumpy that you had to be eighteen or older so sit in the back car of the train. The rest of the trip was the same. I did some Go-Carts and went on a few water slides. I also went on their cat and mouse coaster which was something fun but small. Then at lunch we went to subway and went across the street to Top Secret were the white house is upside down and that cool and fun. Then I did all the coasters a few more times in the front row and it made a world of difference. That park was ok but had but one steel coaster. I give it 6/10 while Cedar Point stands at 9.5/10. I had a good time there and it was nice to try some new rides.

Saturday-July 11

My dad’s fifty mile trail run. I volunteered and had an ok time and all was good. Just a long day and then we went to the pool and had a good time then went to the bar and got some appetizers and I got a Non-Alcoholic mudslide which is pretty much a milk shake. We drove home the next day witch is today Sunday. Great trip.

Posted Image

^^^^Thanks Airdog^^^^

TOP TEN
Top Thrill Dragster
Incredibul Hulk
Mellenium force
Maverick
Mantis
Maginum XL200
Flight Deck
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Beast

#2 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

Wow is sounds like you had a terrible time. Besides Hades, they are older coasters. You need to take the forces as fun. there are no headrests to hit your head on so lateral forces arn't so bad...

Also you went to the Dells. They are the Water Park, not roller coaster, capital. Because of the economy most of the hotels give good deals on going to the parks. The hotel I am staying at next week gives me free tickets to Mt. Olympus every day, and 25% off tickets Noah's ark. You should have road the water rides more. Both of those parks have some sick water slides...

Try to have some fun next time...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#3 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

Wooden roller coasters...what do you expect? B&M and Intamin smoothness?

^Exactly, I would go to the Dells for water rides more than coasters.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#4 Loop De Loop

Loop De Loop

Entry Engineer

• 849 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

^^ Yea but it was a good time. All amusment parks are fun. Also we stayed outside of the dells, about a half hour.

^ Where going to Cedar Point in august and I am dieing to go on mellineum force. So smoth... So fast... All they need to do is retrack those coasters and that would do the trick, just like they did to blue streak.

Posted Image

^^^^Thanks Airdog^^^^

TOP TEN
Top Thrill Dragster
Incredibul Hulk
Mellenium force
Maverick
Mantis
Maginum XL200
Flight Deck
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Beast

#5 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

I know the people who own this park. They are my friends grandparents!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok