Busch Gardens Europe 8-22-09

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:37 PM

So I really wanted to get back to BGE this year to get on BBW a few more times. I was able to convince my mom to take me (this was mostly because I got a haircut :/ ). Anyways here's my TR.

We got to the park at around 1:00pm. I was somewhat worried since this was a Saturday there would be big crowds. We headed straight to the back of the park to get BBW. We waited for front seat and it was 25 minutes. This ended up being our longest wait of the day. It was good and the queue brought back memories. I would probably say this was a 7/10.

Next thing we did was Alpie. We were in line for third row since it was short when 2 seats opened in the second. We took them but we were unfortunetley on the outside. Inverts are meh... on the outside of drops. It didn't really do anything for me. But it was still pretty good. 7/10

We continued in the circle and got to Griffon. I remember 2 years ago watching it drop and being so scared. I was now in line for front row! We got on and I got a fat seat which meant more airtime on the drop! That lift is the steepest feeling going up. Great view from the top, even on this hazy day. We came over the top and stopped. Looking down, it really didn't look like a bad drop which is weird because it looked extremely high at the same time. We went down the second drop and the Immelmann didn't do to much for me but it was still nice. Looking back at the rooster tails was cool and the rest was pretty nice. 8/10

We then headed to Nessie. We decided we would stop at Corkscrew Hill. The line was a hour :(. It was really hot out too. We continued to nessie. We got in line and got middle near the back since it was a walk on seat. I have to say, I was quite disappointed with this coaster. The whole ride was weird and fun in a way but Anaconda is better. I've always heard this was one of the best arrows out there but The only really "cool" was the tunnel. 6/10

We saw a storm cloud coming so we went to Apollo. We sat middle because my brother claimed it had the best and smoothest airtime. Well, come the first hill, nothing. The second nothing until the drop. The rest of the ride was great though. 8.5/10

We decided we wanted to eat. As we were heading back to Grogans Pub a horrible down pour started. We stopped in the Horse stables. The rain was just too bad. We decided to head to our hotel and wait it out. We stopped into the Main gift shop. We looked around and I bought a Phoenix (which I'm having fun playing with already haha). This was about 3:30.

We stopped at Wendys and got some lunch. We headed back to the hotel and the Weather Channel said the storm would pass at 6:30. I feel asleep and woke up at 7:00. We left and got back to the park at about 7:30.

We got back and went to Apollo again. We waited for front seat. Right as we were about to get on and the clouds cleared up and the sunset came out. It was nice as we were going up the lift. This time I got alittle air on the first hill and nice air on the second. This ride was awesome. But because of that first hill, I didn't think it was better the Goliath. This ride was sick. 9.99/10

We then headed to the back of the park and it got cloudy again. It was getting dark quick and it was only 8, we still had 2 hours for night rides. We went to my favorite Dark Ride, DarkCastle. It was awesome. 10/10. I can't think of anything to make it better.

It was pitch black outside. They didn't have any lights on any coasters. I could hardly see them. We went to Alpengeist. we waited for front and got inside this time. Oh yea! This was sick. This thing is freaking amazing at night since you can see almost nothing. 9.5/10.

Next we got our Griff on. 10 minute wait for middle. First drop was still awesome. But wow. The second drop is like a black abyss. 8.9/10

I wanted to do Apollo at night. we got on the sky buckets and it took us to BBW, I decided to do it at night since I would never be able to again. we got front seat in about 15 minutes. They had all light turned off except a few windows in the village. I couldn't see anything and I was being whipped around like crazy. After the lake turn it gets pitch black again and you get the biggest whip. This is crazy. Sucks there taking it down. 8.9/10

Then we went back to the gift shop and I got some real Fruit Punch on the way. It was really good. I got a Alpengeist mug and some mini postcard thing with abunch of pictures of Busch.

Overall this trip was great. I wish I could have gotten a night ride on Apollo but that's ok. I really wanted to ride Corkscrew Hill but whatever. Maybe next time. you can see how this affected my top 10 in my sig. I got a few nice pics but not to many. I'll upload later.

PICS:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#2 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

I always think the outside seats on any ride are the best. In the middle, you have a very limited view.

#3 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

If your talking about Alpengeist, then I meant inside of the drop on the outside seat. I agre outside is best.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#4 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

If you haven't ridden Corkscrew Hill you're really not missing much. When I rode it it was stand in a line, then stand on the colored dots, and finally get tossed around in a seat. Thats just my opinion but you can think whatever you want about it.

#5 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

I like corkscrew hill. it's an extremly well themed ride.

Iwas at BGE both of those days. if i had known you were there i would have said hi.
i was stuck in line for griffon when it started raining. the rain turned out to be a good thing though cause half the people there left. you shoudn't have left. the rides started again in about 30 minutes.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#6 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

^By any chance did you see a guy with a black shirt sun glasses khaki pants and a shaved head?

^I've ridden it twice before, it's really fun IMO.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#7 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

I will have to completely disagree with everything you said about Alpengeist, Griffon, and especially Apollo's Chariot.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#8 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

^My first rides or second rides? Or both? I've actually heard one other person (on carowindsconnection) say they didn't get any air on Apollo. I guess people are just "built" differen't

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#9 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

I think high speed, cutting wind, ride intensity and environment contrast degree should be the new factors of a great coaster. Airtime just plain sucks now. Today's restraints don't even let you actually lift off the seat, but instead pull you into the lap bar. Only way to get good air is lifting your legs up while your restraint gets closed in order to leave a gap. Even then, it will close after most first drops.

Had to get that one across...

Posted Image

#10 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

The key is to always keep the restraint up. After 37 rides on Diamondback and now getting some other ideas from Marc, I've pretty much mastered the art of getting airtime. I slouch when the ride op checks in the station, so when I sit normally, there's a good 2-3 inches of room. (Only problem is when the ride op notices, right Marc? :P) Then there are like 3 different ways I keep it up in the valleys depending on the seat.

Bigger you are, the less airtime you'll get...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#11 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

On both B&M Hypers I've been on they just tapped the restraint and didn't push it down. I usally leave a good 2-3 inches.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#12 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

Airtime just plain sucks now. Today's restraints don't even let you actually lift off the seat, but instead pull you into the lap bar. Only way to get good air is lifting your legs up while your restraint gets closed in order to leave a gap. Even then, it will close after most first drops.

Disagree completely. When it's great airtime you can really feel it even if you're completely stapled. Apollo's Chariot doesn't have great airtime. It's decent and fun, but even if you're really loose in the seat, it's still not anything that makes you think "Wow, that was amazing."

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#13 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

I think Goliath Gives you that feeling! Hell, I know!

#14 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

Comet at Hersheypark (and other older woodies I guess) win(s) for having lap bars that come nowhere near your legs. :P

Posted Image

#15 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

I think high speed, cutting wind, ride intensity and environment contrast degree should be the new factors of a great coaster. Airtime just plain sucks now. Today's restraints don't even let you actually lift off the seat, but instead pull you into the lap bar. Only way to get good air is lifting your legs up while your restraint gets closed in order to leave a gap. Even then, it will close after most first drops.

I disagree as well. Airtime is fun even when the lapbar is really tight, and I always lift up my legs to leave a gap. The small airtime hill on Goliath (sfmm) has like 4 seconds of negative G's and it's amazing.

#16 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

I know that Wild Thing doesn't really count, but it doesn't use OTSR's but just lap bars. So, me being smaller, I get more air, and for about a good 8 seconds!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#17 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

Comet at Hersheypark (and other older woodies I guess) win(s) for having lap bars that come nowhere near your legs. :P

This is why PTC owns! If they could only do something like that and it be as smooth as a Millennium Flyer....

^I didn't really get any good air on Steel Force (bot are Morgan's). I got air but it really didn't give you that wow feeling.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#18 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

^Why wouldn't it? It's a hyper...

^^From what I remember from 2005, it was pretty much floater air. Same with Millennium Force, its just floater.

Ejector air is where its at! If Behemoth and Carowinds turn out close to how Dback is, I should be pretty impressed. Magnum is insane in the ejector seat (car 1, row 3) with its triangular bunny hops. Then El Toro made Marc jizz like no other.

Need to get back to Voyage...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#19 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:41 PM

Kevin's right. You need to know how to ride a B&M hyper coaster to get good air. Do as Kevin says. Slouch until you leave the station, then sit back in your seat. Throw your arms up down the drop, but in every valley and anywhere where there are positive G's, grab onto the restraint and push it forward so it doesn't go down.

Also, Kevin; Shut up.

Lastly, you guys who say Apollo doesn't have airtime must have rode it when the trims were really biting, or it was running really slow, because I was standing over almost every hill.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#20 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

Don't get me started on Cyclone at Kennywood. They literally allow no single riders and make the bigger people sit on the left because of so little restraint.

Damn, I really need to ride some B&M hyper. Damn my play director for scheduling the play on the same date as the King's Island trip.