coaster dive machine drop griffon k'nex

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

The turn into the MCBR should start banking and turning sooner. Yours does a quick turn at the top directly into the mcbr, compared to This picture, where it gradually starts turning at the pull up. Try moving the mcbr further towards the chair in your last update to make more room for the turn.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

You really need to lube your trains, that would let you make the MCBR and maybe immelmann taller. And here's a good reference pic for seeing the exact angle of the second drop.

#43 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:57 AM

You really need to lube your trains, that would let you make the MCBR and maybe immelmann taller. And here's a good reference pic for seeing the exact angle of the second drop.

I already lubed and weighted my cars a long time ago. I re-lubed them yesterday and this is the ressult.

Posted Image

#44 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

I fixed the turn. Here is a picture and a Test video :

Posted Image

Test video :

Posted Image

Please, COOMMEENNTT!! :D

Posted Image

#45 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Ugh! That's disgusting! Oh, excuse me. My dad made dinner tonight.

It looks pretty good. It has decent speed, but I'm not to confident about it completing the circuit.

Posted Image
I play too many MMO's and MOBA's

#46 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

Construction Foreman

• 211 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:03 AM

the turn isn't good yet. it should be banked 60 degrees or something near that.

Posted Image
[TheSUCKCrew] 4:23 pm: bored isn't an emotion, it's a reaction on Saturday Night Live

#47 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:01 AM

You're losing speed REALLY fast. It's hard to believe you lubed your trains. Weight them if you haven't already.

#48 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

You're losing speed REALLY fast. It's hard to believe you lubed your trains. Weight them if you haven't already.

Hey, you know what steel? The train make the circuit so now you have to believe me.

Here are some pictures of the uptade :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please, COOMMEENNTT!! :D

Posted Image

#49 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

The pull out of the second immellemen is to small.Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe)
The air hill is too small. Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe)
The over bank isn't banked enough. Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe)
the splash down is too long. Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe)

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#50 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:08 PM

Also, there is only one air hill.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#51 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

You guys need to stop being a bunch of bitches over criticizing these Knex coasters!!! It's impossible to make these perfect and expecting perfection doesn't help it! I hate the negativity that's been going around the boards lately, especially when people can't use their skills to back up their fat lip.

the turn isn't good yet. it should be banked 60 degrees or something near that.

I'm getting sick of you, rather quickly too. Your comments don't help in any way what-so-ever. No reference pictures, nitpicking at the smallest details...I could go on. If you expect perfection, why don't you comment on the better coasters? All you do is point out the bad parts in a "I'm the best, listen to me" attitude. Change it, or I WILL go Moderator on your ass.

Hey, you know what steel? The train make the circuit so now you have to believe me.

Funny, one of the few who's offering good ideas and you shut him off like that...

The pull out of the second immellemen is to small.Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe)
The air hill is too small. Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe)
The over bank isn't banked enough. Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe)
the splash down is too long. Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe)

As I said, its not gonna be perfect...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#52 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:56 PM

I'm just backing up PKI; this whole nitpicking thing has been going on way too long. Building coasters is just never any fun when people are always telling you to change a bump that is hardly there. After some time of no positive comments, you eventually give up because it's just not worth spending all your time to get put down by members of this site. So if there's a big problem like an immelmann is circular, that's fine, but if you want someone to bank their turn to the exact degree, forget it.

• Millcreek47 likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#53 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:51 AM

I was just trying to help him out. i'm sorry if i offended you.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#54 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

I totally agree with CAC and PKI. It's never any fun building anything when people tell you to bank something "just so", or "your heartline isn't right" when it's off by like 1 cm.

Oh, and PKI: feel free to tell me whether my comments are useful (which I'm sure you will anyway)

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#55 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:45 PM

It's ok guys, I'm not researching the perfection and I like it like that. I'm not a professional builder and that's my first re-creation ever. I will bank the turn more and I'll finish this circuit tomorow.

Posted Image

#56 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Now, I have a big problem. I finished the coaster but when I did a test, the train didn't make the first Immleman. I did not understand because it worked 1 day ago. I decided to re-lubed my cars. It still not worked. It didn't make the first Immelman. I took a new train that has never been lubed and I lubed and weight it. It still not worked. Now, I think that the problem is the track. When I did some test, I think that the train put some sillicone spray on the track. It's slipery. Can someone help me please?

Posted Image

#57 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

My only suggestion is to run the car over the whole circuit with your hands a bunch of times. Also, DON'T push the car over the track backwards to bring it to the lift. That has caused my trains to not make elements in the past.

#58 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

This tutorial has helped me a lot.

If you didn't weight your cars like Coaster55 showed in his tutorial, I would suggest doing it that way. Also screw off the back piece of the last car and put pennies in their.

And when you lube, make sure you keep wiping off the track until the cars stop leaving lubricant on the track.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#59 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

Everyone appove hit the head of the nail. Just run your cars through the course with your hands and then wipe down the whole track with a napkin to get the extra lube off and then it should run like a champ.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#60 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

Tanks for advices guys! I cleaned all the track and it works perfectly! I'll make the final video soon.

Posted Image