fun worlds

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RCmaniac31

RCmaniac31

a "Six Flags" day?

• 592 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

This past weekend, I went up to KU to see some family and I finally urged them to go to WOF. Getting there was a breeze, it was about a 15 min drive north of KC. If you don't know what worlds of fun is, it is owned by Cedar Fair, one of it's lower parks on the list, but still good. Lets get to the TR.

We arrived at 10:30, but the park had been open since 10. From the outside, Mamba towers above everything. Its a really cool view because its really in the open and you can drive right by it on the highway. Before coming I heard that WOF is thinking about being sold, and that they were cheap by only running one train on some coasters.

First up was spinning dragons, cause it was right next to you when you come in. No theming- no music- not a very exciting coaster. It was ok, good for the experience, but not a re-ride. The best part was the airtime hill at the end. THBS is better. 4/10

Next was Patriot which I was extremely looking forward to. No wait, 6th row or something. AMAZING INVERT, I don't get why its here and not somewhere else. Definitely my favorite invert, smooth, good g's, amazing airtime. 9.5/10

Next was Timber wolf. Fairly decent layout, very long actually. The upward double helix takes forever. Ok but still not up there, and it was running only one train the entire day. 5/10

Then came thunderhawk, one of theose spinning thrill rides that flips you upsideown like 20 times. I thought it would make me sick, but it was good. 5.5/10

Then Detonator. I had never been on an S&S power tower before and this was awesome. The launch really took me by surprise. I love drop rides, they make me wanna ride over and over. 7/10

Next was Mamba. I already knew, and pissed, that they were only runnung one train on basically the best coaster in the park. First Morgan hyper. I was excited, and i got fed. The chain slows down a LOT at the top, so you barely creep over the crest. Aweosome drop, the main thing i like is the helix, theres not many coasters that let you go at 60-70 mph for that long. On the second half of the helix the supports come closer and closer to you making an awesome headchopper illusion. Pretty good, but nothing compared to B&M and Intamin. Oh and the cars look like freakin FAT cows. 8/10

Boomerang- not too bad, I like how you really don't know when the mechanism releases you, kind of a mini drop tower almost. Ehh, I don't like Vekoma, never will. 1/10

FINALLY, the ride I was waiting for.... PROWLER. 30 min wait with only one train running, crap. Well, finally we were off, the banking at the first drop is awesome. The tight banks and small hills make this coaster. Fast paced and never lets up. GCI did a heck of a job on this coaster, and the name definitely fits it. Better than EK, and all you do is get faster the whole ride. 9.5/10.

Then we went back to Mamba, 10 min wait, kinda sick by then. We did a couple small rides. Bumper cars, swinging ship, we all were starving but the meal we ordered didn't come out till 3:00. Last time I checked, Americans usually eat lunch from noon-2. It was good though, all you can eat buffet.

By that time we had to rush out of the park and catch our train. Great time, even though we didn't ride much.

Overall thoughts- Its kind of a "Wanna Be" Six flags park. No theming whatsoever. Outdoor stations. Not very lively. Lots of pick up rides. Plus we rode everything in like 1.5 hrs. I will probably visit in the future. overall- 5/10

Ratings/Rides

Spinning Dragons-1-4/10
Patriot-1-9.5/10
Timber Wolf-6-5/10
Thunderhawk-1-5.5/10
Detonator-1-7/10
Mamba-2-8/10
Boomerang-1-1/10
Prowler-1-9.5/10

RC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image