• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:58 PM

Posted Image
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL MATERIAL IS NOT FINAL EDITING OF INFORMATION WILL OCCUR

Interview Topics and Choosing an Interviewee; Basics
First, we need to take into account the importance of the individual being interviewed. Although we should respect every interviewee with the respect they deserve, remember their place and your place. We don't want to become the lying media of SSCoasters. Though you may be interviewing them, they may be of higher superiority and you need respect where required.
Topics should vary from person to person, and each separate podcast based around a single focal point, however still varying in topics. Basically, if you base the podcast on a roller coaster, compare it to its real life other or clone and its location.

Topics
Below is a list of topics that can be discussed during the podcast;
  • Recent projects
  • Current projects
  • Future projects and plans
  • SSC Award winners (MOTY, Award Nominations)
  • Contribution to the website
  • The amusement industry
  • Feedback for others work
Feel free to use the threads available to you for your ideas.

Planning and Scheduling Interviews
Since the interviews are being planned for every other week, we need to have a set date and interviewee in time for the scheduled podcast. Below is a list in the order you need to schedule an interview;
  • Choose an interviewee
    -Be sure to contact them at least 3 days before scheduled release.
  • Choose a scheduled time to interview.
    -Take into account time zones and times available for you and your interviewee.
  • Form a Script
    -Based on the recent and future projects of the interviewee and any topic related to them.
  • Record main interview
    -Either through a voice chat service (ex. Skype, MSN) or through a text chatroom.
  • Edit main audio and video
    -With a slideshow, or a commentary for text-based interviews.
  • Upload to Youtube
    -Self-explanitory, if you require help, view this.

We also need to take into account the availability of a microphone to certain members we'd like to interview. There are simply two categories; Those with microphones, and those without. However, the podcast can vary greatly between the two.

Format for members with a microphone available
We can easily manage members with a microphone. We can use and record any discussion through, as mentioned above, a voice chat service. There are many available, however the majority discussion has been planned with Skype. Further analysis will be posted when decisions are final. We can also work with the interviewee to whatever is good for them.

Format for members without a microphone available
Although this may be a tad more difficult to handle, there are still a plentiful amount of ways to format these interviews. Using screen-recording software (ex. Hypercam) We can record a text-based interview, and upload with a commentary. I'm sure you guys are smart enough to format a different way of interviewing those unavailable to a microphone.

I think I've covered most of the guidelines. If you need any more help, just ask Me, RCT2123 or Gump and I'm sure they'll help you. Happy hosting!

(cop) SSCoasters Staff (cop)
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Posted Image
Maverick | Millennium Force | Ravine Flyer II | Top Thrill Dragster | Kumba

#2 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:58 PM

Podcast Scripting and Interviewing
This section is VERY important! Please read the complete post before the actual scheduling!

Under construction - Please be patient!
I will be back to finish this post soon! Please DO NOT post in this thread.

Posted Image

#3 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

No script yet..? Gonna be hard to finish the first podcast before 2010 starts...

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#4 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

Under construction - Please be patient!
I will be back to finish this post soon! Please DO NOT post in this thread.[/CENTER]

Gump.. BAD GUMP! *Smacks you with a magazine*

#5 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

If you'd like to help instead of bitching at me Gump, feel free.

Posted Image