The Conversing Thread

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

I feel that we haven't had a whole lot of activity as a company lately, so I made this thread so that we can talk about ideas that we have and plans in private.

Right now, I'm planning to have a turn after the launch on Palisade, followed by a twisted horseshoe roll, an airtime hill, a stengel dive, and a pop up into a brake run and station. I'm also thinking about possibly making a tutorial for my brakes.

Post away!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#2 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:05 PM

^ yeas you should post something for your brakes!!! im almost done with my woodie, just need to make an air hill, turn, station and prelift. has anyone asked for a layout recently? i just realized i havent made a layout for anyone. when ever i start to, its already drawn up. plus i dont have NL. you think i should get it for christmas?

#3 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

Cool, I'm excited for your coaster, it looks great. I don't have NoLimits either, but I might ask for it for Christmas. Ask James if it's worth it, he has it and likes it.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

#4 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

No Limits is worth it if you use it. Its a thing that goes in phases. Some days you'll just wake up and say " I wanna make a No limits coaster today!" Then others you wont know it exists.

FF.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/IggFish123

Nothing turns a girl on more than telling them you are in a company on K'nex website 

#5 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:22 PM

Well, I've decided to make Palisade dip down under the first turn. I hope I can have it and the final video done by Christmas, I'm running short on time. I have off from the 18th though, so I have a week off before Christmas to build.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

#6 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

I got a Loopin' Lightning for Christmas, mainly just to see what the turning track is like. I'm building with it a lot, it's fun actually. ;) It's just to build with when I have a big coaster up that I don't want to take down yet.

I'm planning my next large coaster as well, and I think I'll make it a fairly tall invert. Does that sound good?

Merry Christmas as well!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

#7 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:29 PM

Yeah. I actually have a good name and layout if you want. It's one that I'm working on in NL.

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#8 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

Actually, I already have a layout planned, but I'd like to hear the name.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

#9 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

The name is Apollo.

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#10 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

Don't be offended, but I think I'm going to let you keep that one. I have something else in mind. ;)

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

#11 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

rcf planing another coaster!!! what is your layout, i want to hear. and congrats on favorite builder in the awardds

#12 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

I would like to know if yall want me to try a 20 foot launched coaster, or something different? I would like to know honestly.

Ex college baseball player. Currently a student!

#13 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

rcf planing another coaster!!! what is your layout, i want to hear. and congrats on favorite builder in the awardds

It's layout isn't complete yet, but so far it's a 12-13 granite rod lift, predrop, 45 degree turning drop, loop, immelmann, and then I'm not sure. I'm thinking about having a twisty helixy thing around the loop like on Pantheon, and hopefully including a corkscrew and/or a zero-g in there too. Thanks about the award also! Congrats to you too!

I would like to know if yall want me to try a 20 foot launched coaster, or something different? I would like to know honestly.

I would go for it, but try to have a unique layout. I'd like to see that.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

#14 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

Thanks so much RCF for the honesty. I might cancel my hyper and start building my launched coaster right now.

#15 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

well, instead of having it be just like KK and TTD, i think the twist on the way down should twist more than 270*, maybe like 300*. then have the pullout go over the lauch. then maybe a large overbank which ends up coming under the top hat section. uhh, then have a rising helix the opposite way of the overbank around the pullin of the top hat. end with a few bunny hills into brakes, i will try and draw a picture for you. but do you understand what i mean?

#16 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

Well i doubt i'll have the peices for that. but it would look kind of like MPTHRILLRIDES Flash but instead of the hill a helix. I was thinking of doing it like the breaks in the Slowing down of TTD(The breaks) i was thinking of doing a Big Loop. What do you think?

#17 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

ok, well how about you keep the over bank but instead of a helix, you have a big uhhh.....whats that called, i cant remember the name, the loop slanted a little on its side? have one of those around the pullout?

#18 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

A Watchama callit? Well we will see if i have the peices left. Thanks Frags!

#19 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

Well, I think I mainly finished the layout for my invert.

Lift, predrop, 45 degree turning drop, loop, immelmann, helix type thing around part of the loop, zero-g, then a small twister section with a corkscrew. The station will be at the end.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

#20 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

Sounds good RCF. I think im gonna make a loop on my launched coaster What dod you think about that?