The Introductions Thread

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

There is no set standard. Usually just depends on the thread and whether participants are even still active anymore. I personally don't get into the constant dead thread wars.

There are no official beginner contests at this time.

#22 colintaylor

colintaylor

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

okay......thanks :)

#23 WindSeeker42

WindSeeker42

BANNED

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

hi just like all you guys i like roller coasters i stumbles across this forum while searching for coasters on googe. i looked at some of ur guys models and i loved them so i decded to jon to view with th option of commenting i hope to becom god friends wih all of u

#24 Bphiduck

Bphiduck

Funkateer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

Really like building Coasters and Parks It's a stress relief, Hope this is a really active site I'd love to share and compare...

#25 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

hi i don't kno how 2 post threads

#26 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

You go to a forum and click the New Thread button near the top.

#27 heyisntthatrob

heyisntthatrob

• 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

I'm a newbie, but have had K'nex coaster sets for a very long time. Six months ago I stumbled on this site looking for ideas to combine my SS sets and have been lurking for a while. I have three boys and two of them are old enough to appreciate the coasters that I build for them.

Here is my latest creation, my two year old can't keep his hands off of it!

~Rob

#28 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

Welcome aboard! Always good to see the old Screamin' Serpent being shared with a new generation.

#29 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hi everybody, I'm Sleeves.
I never posted here when I first joined, so I decided to do it now. I live in Wisconsin and like to fish, hunt, and work with model trains. I just started to toy with knex, because We were using it in school to understand phisics better. I had become fascinated with roller coasters when I was six years old, and have loved them ever since. I was in kind of a "dorment" mode until I went to Disney World. I loved their Rock'n Rollercoaster, Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain. Those roller coasters are not all technically "thrilling", but they are a blast. That just goes to show that I love all roller coasters (no matter how sore they make my back). I do not post often, because I feel that I am an amateur and will not no exactly what I am doing. I am still hunting for Knex- I am especially looking for screaming serpents and rippin' rockets. Right now I have around 5,500 standard pieces varying from rods to connectors, and about 500 micro rods and connectors. I also have about 30-40 Knex bricks. I will start becoming more active when I get more Knex.

#30 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

Welcome Ben. :) Hope to see stuff made by you.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#31 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

hey everyone, i am haaron05 from youtube. sorry for no posts yet because i am very busy. i am currently constructing an amusement park with about 7 rides.
about me: i like to build knex, skate,bike and drive rc cars ( my rc car is the tamiya txt-1. the yellow,blue and black one )

#32 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

Welcome Aaron! There are a couple more Australian members here as well.

#33 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

thanks, and one of them invited me here :D ( he was tornado96 )

#34 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

Awesome. Really global community here, at least for English speaking countries or those that know English well like the large contingent of Dutch members here.

#35 Floris

Floris

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hello,

I'm Floris. My biggest hobby is R/C cars, trucks, buggy's, planes and helicopters, but I also like K'Nex coasters. I only own one K'Nex coaster: A mini (modified) Corkscrew Coaster that I made into a looping coaster. (Pics will be up in another thread in a few minutes) I'm going to get a Lava Launch Coaster in a few months.

#36 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

Welkom op SSC. :)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#37 Intimidator305

Intimidator305

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hello! I'm Intimidator305 I just happpened to find my way over here while searching for "How to build a K'nex Cable Lift".

Quick question, When you post images in your signature, do you use image code in the text box, or use the image uploader?

#38 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

You can use either. Just make sure it follows the forum rules of 150x700 pixels! And welcome!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#39 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

do you guys know if is there any active member in south america?

(kyo isn´t more going to be in ssc,he told me some months ago.he said that he don´t like more coasters or knex, this is sad....)

#40 4fun

4fun

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

Just ordered my 1st set - a SS. I love all the coasters I've seen on here so far and I can' t wait to get started. I found this site 3days ago and it's the coolest!

Jay