Carowinds 4-2-10

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

The morning started out 40 minutes late since the alarm didn't go off. So instead of leaving the hotel at 9:30, we left at 10:30. We waited in the long line to get a ticket at we got in at about 11:00.

So first up was, of course, Intimidator. The queue was full. That means a long wait... NOT. Wait was about 30-35 minutes. We were in the 4th row. The ride was great but when I got off, I just wasn't satisfied like I wanted to be.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So we went back to Top Gun, or Afterburn if you feel like calling it that. It was a back seat walk on, we did it 3 times. It was really fun!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then we went to Thunder Road. The south carolina side was closed so we did the NC side. Man was that rough.

Next we went to Carolina Cobra. I'm not a fan of those trains and the ride is NOT smooth. Don't tell me it is. But the coaster looks real good and adds to the area alot.
Posted Image

Posted Image

From the Cobra we went to the Cyclone. This is Carolina Cyclone's 30th year so it got a re-paint. All I can say is, well, it certainly brightens the area. Haha, you'll see what I mean in the pics. We sat in the back and it was fun but not that great. I remember when I first road it though and thought it was amazing.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next was the drop tower. It was my first and it was pretty fun. We then went a road Hurler. I changed my mind about this ride. I don't really like it that much. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for roughness especially after getting beat up on Thunder Road.
Posted Image

We then road Scream Weaver, which IMO, is kinda weak compared to SFoG's enterprise. But it was really fun. Then we went to the skytower and I got some cool shots.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Then we went back to intimidator and rode front row. It was pretty awesome but I got hit by a bug. 3 actually, and 2 left splatter on me.....
Then we went back to the hotel and ate wendys for lunch.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After lunch we went back.
Posted Image

First thing we did was Nighthawk. Not worth the 1 hour wait, but it really looks nice with th water.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then we rode the Drop Tower again and then hit up Intimidator 2 more times. The last 2 times were what really did it. I figured out how to make the lap bar not feel so uncomfortable. After that we rode the gliders and then left at about 7:30 to beat the traffic of everyone else leaving.

We skipped Vortex because of lines, but I really think Vortex looks good rusted up. It really goes great with the foliage.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are some other cool shots I got:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Total ride count:
Intimidator 4x
Top Gun 3x
Thunder Road 1x
Cyclone 1x
Cobra 1x
Hurler 1x
Nighthawk 1x
Skytower 1x
Drop Zone 1x
Scream Weaver 1x
Gliders 1x

Thanks for reading!

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#2 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

Nice report I now personally call cyclone Identity Crisis The Ride. I actually liked the v trains better than the four across on Goliath.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#3 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

So how does Intimidator compare to Goliath?

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#4 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

Dang!!! Intimidator looks smooth! I chuckled at the bug encounter(s).

Posted Image

#5 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:20 PM

^^I think it would be better but the restraints aren't as good.

^yea one hit my arm and the other splattered on my sunglasses.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#6 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

Sounds like fun! What time of day is best for Intimidator lines?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#7 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

Pretty much anytime after the morning rush. The later, the better, but it's worth a full wait.

LAZOR22SIG2.png