bizarro launched dueling coaster outerlimits659 superman

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

An interesting concept I came up with.....

Superman vs. Bizarro is a dueling Intamin launched coaster. Bizarro is a launched tophat coaster-launch, tophat, brakes. What I did different is to add Superman-an Intamin reverse freefall coaster. Superman launches up the middle of Bizarro's tophat for a very Mr. Freeze-ish look. Obviously the situation is set up so that Bizarro completely envelops Superman so it's up to the Man of Steel to save the day (I don't think he does 'cause the coaster hasn't changed). There might be a bit of a bizarre (OMG pun) twist on Superman though, making this a very interesting ride. Pictures showing the construction I've been up to...

Posted Image

Structure was made, you can see the red strip that is Superman...

Posted Image

Track was added....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally the tubing. There is something weird going on with the downwards twist, I'll have to check that out...

Posted Image

Looks okay from here....

Posted Image

Upwards twist...

Bizarro to me actually has more of a Kanonen look than and Xcelerator one. I kinda like it. Stuff left on the priority list include track strengtheners, extra supports, final turn and brakes for Bizarro, transfer track for Superman, stations for both, launch systems for both and theming.

Thoughts, criticism??

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#2 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

It's not perfect, but its nowhere near bad. I really like the idea, and it looks cool too. I'm excited to see it in action!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#3 SFMMCrazy

SFMMCrazy

#Thrillsforallages

• 794 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

MHHMMMM.... Looks good but bizarro is to wide.

Thrill Capital Insider

Where Thrills Rule

#4 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

The pull in/out on superman looks sharp then straight and etc. If you smooth that out some it should be nice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

This here is a case of predetermined-support-erosis. (a case where the victim predetermines the support-to-track connections before even shaping the track) ...:P

Instead of shaping the track to fit the supports, you should shape the supports to fit the track. What I'm saying is you should first shape the track with your hands, then make the support-to-track connections, being careful to not misshapen the track when you do so. This requires that you put the track together before you connect any x-ties to the structure.

This is a cool concept. I would like to see a little more effort put into the shaping though.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#6 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:16 AM

Thanks for commenting guys!!!

RCF919: Thanks

SFMM: I kind of liked the wide look but may try to thin it up a little. Thanks for the input though.

Trey: Yes, I am definitely a victim of that. I can be pretty lazy, haha. I attempted to reconfigure the supports a little though, let me know what you think.

Well I did a little reshaping on the pullins. I can't get a side view from the other side (I could try though if it's really necessary) but I used the exact same supports on every pullup. It looks good to me, but I'd rather have your opinion...

Posted Image

And here's a pic of the construction process on Bizarro's final turn....

Posted Image

Share your thought if you have any....

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#7 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:23 AM

Looks nice a smooth. The ending of bizarro might want a bit of banking (i think). Apart from that, its a fine looking coaster(s).

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#8 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

The pull-in looks much better. You must have been cured. ;)

If you re-do the twists, try to put more heartlining on them.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#9 LCAL

LCAL

Only I Can Live Forever

• 1823 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

This is such a neat idea! It looks really cool aswell. The only thing I could add is the heartlining on the twists :)

http://www.youtube.com/knexer13
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SSC Member June 11th 2007 - January 1st 2011

Posted Image

#10 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

Superman should be taller IMO. It would look better that way. And yea there needs to be some heartlining.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bizarro, launched dueling coaster, outerlimits659, superman