blackpool ice blast pepsi max pictures video

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Me and a mate from youtube (and who goes to my school) went on a day at Blackpool and my parents went with my little sister on some of the smaller rides. I took my camera and I was going to make a trip report and here it is. There were some disappointing highlights and some really good highlights and I will explain that while showing the pictures for the rides.

Pepsi Max:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(now with Bling next to it)
Posted Image
Well We didn't go on Pepsi Max because it was closed all day due too high winds which was a bummer but Bling was very fun too ride even though I had to go too the toilet in the queue and I ended up peeing in my pants (a little bit).

Wild Mouse:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Well we didn't go on this ride either because it was a long queue.

Steeplechase:

Posted Image
Posted Image
This was a fun ride too go on because me an and my friend was just awesome and we drew with the other horse in our race.

Irn Bru Revolution:

Posted Image
This was so fun our first ride of the day on front row. The air time ob it was so good because the harness was high up. Going backwards was really wierd because this was my first coaster with a loop and my first coaster with a loop going backwards.

Avalanche:

Posted Image
I got on front row on this as well and my friend got second row due to because it is a one sit ride.

Infusion:

Posted Image

Video:

This was so good to ride on especially the sea serpent and the double barrel roll was so weird my feet felt like the were going to hit the supports. This was very smooth for a vokoma coaster and was also my first inverted coaster.

Big Dipper:

Posted Image
Posted Image
We were on back row on this ride and we couldn't believe how bumpy it was. Jolt here and jolt there. We also had quite a bit of airtime.

Log Flume:

Posted Image
I don't know its proper name but anyway we didn't go on this but I think m sister did.

Roller Coaster:

Posted Image
They got new trains for it because of how bad and not very reliable this is. We didn't go on it because of the queue line was too big.

Ice Blast:

Posted Image
Posted Image
This was so good. Launches you up at 80mph up 200ft this was big. This was as close we could get for height for Pepsi Max being closed. I was so scared walking up too this ride and I saw 7 year old going on it so I thought I have to face it some day and that day was the day. The airtime at the top was immense so this was our last ride before we got of and went home.

It was a fun day at Blackpool and I enjoyed it very much and I hope you liked my Trip report on and and Please comment if you think Blackpool is a good park or not.

EDIT: The video was taken by me.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#2 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

Ice Blast in the last picture looks bent, camera angle win or engineer fail?

EDIT: 100th post!!!!!!!! Hellz yeah!!!!!!

Posted Image

#3 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:43 AM

Ice Blast in the last picture looks bent, camera angle win or engineer fail?

Well I have angle win I had the camera close to the ground and I couldn't see what was happening.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#4 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:41 AM

Have you also been on Valhalla? That was one great ride!

Pepsi Max is hell for a tall guy like me, I bruised my knee rather badly on the first drop.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#5 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:30 AM

Have you also been on Valhalla? That was one great ride!

Pepsi Max is hell for a tall guy like me, I bruised my knee rather badly on the first drop.

No we didn't go on Valhalla because my mom didn't want us to get wet and we were wearing jeans so it would have been a bit awkward walking.

I don't know about Pepsi Max because it was shut all day because of high winds :(.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#6 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

Congrats on going upside down.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#7 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

Congrats on going upside down.

Thanks and there is a countdown at beginning of the ride that made me want too go off but I had a friend so I couldn't back down.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#8 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

They sell poncho's right before the queue of Valhalla. You really need it, 'cause the ride gets you SOAKING wet.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#9 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:46 AM

They sell poncho's right before the queue of Valhalla. You really need it, 'cause the ride gets you SOAKING wet.

I know but I really didn't want to get wet. I saw people getting of the ride soaking and drenched everywhere. That put me off the ride.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#10 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:21 AM

They do have a dryer in the Valhalla shop which was SO convenient for us (though I didn't actually get that wet). I think you get 3 minutes in it.

Pepsi Max is a good one. If you ever go on it, ride it at night. The view of the lights is incredible.

Did you go on Grand National? (or is that gone now... I can never remember)

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:11 AM

Grand National is one hell of a ride! :D Lots of ejector airtime and since it's from the 30's, every part of the ride shakes you near to death.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#12 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

Pepsi Max is a good one. If you ever go on it, ride it at night. The view of the lights is incredible.

Well it was closed all day because of high winds which made me sad :(.

Did you go on Grand National? (or is that gone now... I can never remember)

Grand national is still open with 4 trains running but the trains have changed. The have got seat belts because there was so much airtime on the first 2 hills (well one hill but it flattens out in middle then goes down again). I had my hands up all the way through it and I was bumping about every where. We nearly got front row we were 2 rows behind it.

Grand National is one hell of a ride! :D Lots of ejector airtime and since it's from the 30's, every part of the ride shakes you near to death.

It is hell of a ride first time I was on it I was dead scared because of he airtime but I went on it again... And again and again. So it is very good.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackpool, ice blast, pepsi max, pictures, video