blog fun with this :d going to have joural knexrule11

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 rsteele06711

rsteele06711

Go Bulls!

• 323 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

This is my first hyper. It is 10.5 granites tall, and after the drop has a 135 degree turn. Please ignore the hill in the back of the overview picture because the top was not fully shaped when these pictures were taken. I will have another update when my mom gets home, because she has the camera card.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment! Be Harsh!

Posted Image

RK500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Spitfire!

#2 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

The crest of the lift hill Is Uneven (4th pic). Also I think the pullout of the drop after the lift hill is too sharp. Looking really nice and you are using gray rods. Very Nice.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#3 dragon rides

dragon rides

Construction Worker

• 75 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

this is your ?FIRST? hyper?!?.........(I mean this in a good way)

#4 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

Dude! This is amazing! The only thing I can see wrong is you have to many supports on the hill;) Now when is your mom getting back? I want those pictures!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#5 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

This is amazing! I don't see anything wrong except that the lift hill crest has a few tiny bumps. Your shaping and supports look pretty much perfect IMO.

#6 rsteele06711

rsteele06711

Go Bulls!

• 323 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

Here is the update with the first three fourths of the hill.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment! Be Harsh!

Posted Image

RK500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Spitfire!

#7 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

I think your hills look too eggshaped, Lower the tops by like.. 1 Yellow or so, But take your time over it, if you rush this, it could kill the coaster..
It just looks strange to me..

Edit: maybe just try a White

#8 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A hill has to be shaped parabolic!!!!!!!!
Like like this:
Datei:ParabolicWaterTrajectory.jpg ? Wikipedia

that way the train can keep a nice ammount of negative airtime.

EDIT:

No airhill is shaped perfectly like that water on the pic ;)

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

^ Wow, his look just like that.

I'm not quite sure what it is, but maybe the top is too pointy or the pullin/out are too small.

#10 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

I think that the transition from pull-up to top isn't correct. It suddenly goes a lot steeper and from there on the top looks perfect. However, it doesn't fit the pull-up. So a parabola that isn't as steep as this one would do the trick.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#11 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

I think it should be a bit wider and less steep. That would make it look more like a B&M airtime hill. I like the pointiness though. That makes it look more B&M and gives you a pop of airtime.

Edit: And I think the turn should be less banked a bit.

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#12 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

You should try make the hills less steeper and just widen the top of the hill because it looks a but too sharp. Maybe you should lower the hill so you can get a but of airtime but that is your choice. Well I love it so far!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#13 rsteele06711

rsteele06711

Go Bulls!

• 323 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

Ok guys. There has been a major change of plans. Because of the lack of space, my previous layout would not have been very good and would be very hard to fit even a flat turn coming out of the hill which would have had to be longer. I have changed my coaster to try for a Raging Bull/Hammerhead feel. I hope that my shaping is good, but I have a little sway in the track where the splices are, as in the track shifts to the left and then shifts back on the other side of the crest of the air hill.

Enjoy!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

EDIT: My camera sucks so you probably cant tell this, but the hammerhead's upper half is actually symmetrical,and there is a bump at the pullout of the drop being caused by the angle. (I'm not good at picking angles for pictures)

Posted Image

RK500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Spitfire!

#14 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

I liked the old air hill more but it still looks awesome ! 4th picture form the top do you see that sharp spot?

#15 rsteele06711

rsteele06711

Go Bulls!

• 323 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

^ Is it the sharp spot in the pullin of the hammerhead because i just went back and changed a support.

One comment?! Can I get a few more please because I really want this to be my best coaster and I can't do that without you guys.If you see a bump please tell me and I'll take a look at it. I need you!

Posted Image

RK500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Spitfire!

#16 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Well the hammerhead is not great but is good. I like the shaping but it is when it gets to the turn. I think it is suppose to carry on at the same angle going up and down, not flat. Well don't change it because it is great and it is only my opinion, and my opinion sucks.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#17 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

Looks really nice so far, but I would bank and dip that pre-drop to make it less RCT-like. Also, take those dangling supports underneath that turnaround in pic 10 from the top and put a column down from them. It'll stabilize your structure much more.

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#18 rsteele06711

rsteele06711

Go Bulls!

• 323 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

Ok guys I got most of the second hill done. This is the last of the hills, and I have most of my layout already planned. I still have to support it more and the pullout is not done, but I figured I should update.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoy!

Posted Image

RK500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Spitfire!

#19 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

Well it seems like a small pullout in that fifth picture, but that's my only complaint. It looks nice, and I like the layout a lot!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#20 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

looks like the ride is very sturdy! You should change the turn to the hill to a turn around the lift and then a hammerhead.IDK just a suggestion...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blog, fun with this :d, going to have, joural, knexrule11