amazing awesomeness hyper knexrule11 sferico

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

Well No-one has pointed this out yet so i don't think you need to change it. My opinion says "the bend is to steep". Well that's just me and no-one has posted complaining about it so I don't think you need to change it.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#22 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

It could use a little bit more banking, but I think it looks fine. Go Sferico!

It looks fine to me, so I did not change the banking.

Try to get a few more track to support connections in there that aren't ball socket joints. In the 3rd and 4th pics, every connection uses one. thats bad ;)...

The ball sockets are not bad, I have used them forever and they have never done anything bad, And the track will not move.

Yeah a few more track to support connections will help. It looks better cause you changed the box support and you add floor supports.

The other supports were just temp.

Wow that looks amazing!

Thanks!

Well No-one has pointed this out yet so i don't think you need to change it. My opinion says "the bend is to steep". Well that's just me and no-one has posted complaining about it so I don't think you need to change it.

It looks fine to me, and I am way past that.

So now what this post was for, a UPDATE!
I finished the turn and a hill and now I am trying to make a crossover hammer head like on intimidator. But I am not sure I am going to keep the crossover hammer head becouse as you can see in the pics at the bottom, I don't think that I can make it look good at the hight I have, so I may change it to a plain hammer head. Also if you have a good layout idea please post it. So far the train makes the layout at good speed. And now, Pictures!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

V The stick is how high the hill before the hammerhead is, just to give you a idea.

Posted Image
Posted Image
And the motor that I set up (well I should say motors). They lift the train, but slowly and loudly, so I may switch to a drill lift.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Comment!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#23 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

That turn and hill look nice but the hammerhead looks a bit funny. Maybe its just from being half built. Looks good to me, keep it up.

#24 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

I think the two motors dont work very nice together.
You should use only 2 motors, if you use the same kind of motor.
You could also add a few batteries with some cables, but that may ruin your motor.

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

That turn and hill look nice but the hammerhead looks a bit funny. Maybe its just from being half built. Looks good to me, keep it up.

I also looks weird to me, I can't figure out why.

I think the two motors dont work very nice together.
You should use only 2 motors, if you use the same kind of motor.
You could also add a few batteries with some cables, but that may ruin your motor.

These motors work fine the way I have them, they all run at the same speed. And I am pretty sure they are not the final motors I will use.

Anyone else? I can't build if you don't tell me what to fix!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#26 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

*whistles* wow! Where did this beast come from! Nice job Knexrule11! Except for the hammerhead, this thing is lookin' spiffy! I don't know how well it'll make the hammerhead, though...

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#27 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

Update! sort of.
I took down the hammer head I had and now I tryed to build it again. It does not look like a hammer head at all to me, so I am going to take it down, unless somebody says to keep it. I think I will make it turn left at the bottom of the hill then another hill, a half hill then downward helix, or one of your ideas.

Pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And again the stick is the hight of the hill.

Posted Image

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#28 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm... Well i don't think you need to fix anything. Looks fine to me. Carry on to the next step!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#29 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm... Well i don't think you need to fix anything. Looks fine to me. Carry on to the next step!

I don't think you get it. In the last picture the stick is how high the hill before the hammer head is. It needs to be at least a yellow lower then that to make it. And its not. So I could make a really small hammer head that does not look real, or I could make what I said in my post.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#30 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

Sorry for DP, but video!
Posted Image
Sorry for the bad video taping. As you can see I have some speed left. And as you can see I got rid of the hammer head, and started a new element..... And now I have a layout in mind.

Comment!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#31 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

I haven't been following this thread, but this coaster looks really good so far! Nice shaping/supporting.

#32 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:35 AM

looks very nice and smooth. I think you got one too many cars on the train there though. You can keep 6 car train but I think 5 cars will be better.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#33 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

looks very nice and smooth. I think you got one too many cars on the train there though. You can keep 6 car train but I think 5 cars will be better.

I am going to keep 6 cars for now.

I haven't been following this thread, but this coaster looks really good so far! Nice shaping/supporting.

Thanks!

Update! (sort of)
I made 2 thirds of a stengel dive, but the train will not make it, so I am going to make it smaller. I am just posting these pictures so you guys can tell me if a have the right shape. So what do you think?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Comment!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#34 rsteele06711

rsteele06711

Go Bulls!

• 323 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

I love the shaping on the stengel! The only thinng i would suggest is to bank it a bit more when you make it shorter.

Posted Image

RK500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Spitfire!

#35 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Shaping is good, but it needs to bank more at the top. Take a look at the overbank on Goliath, it isnt completely upside down but it is past 90*

#36 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

Shaping is good, but it needs to bank more at the top. Take a look at the overbank on Goliath, it isnt completely upside down but it is past 90*

Saw it, this one will should be banked better.

I love the shaping on the stengel! The only thinng i would suggest is to bank it a bit more when you make it shorter.

Thanks! And I will try.

Hey everybody,
I made the stengel dive smaller last night, it makes it just fine. Plus I am homeschooled so I can build alot today! Hope for a update tonight.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#37 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

Update!
Goes flying through the stengel dive now! But something with the stengel does not look right to me.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Overview!
Posted Image
Made a drill lift, but can't keep it at the same speed, so I will probrably switch back to motors.
Posted Image

I am going to go build some more, so if there is something I need to fix post it now! Comment!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#38 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

That looks really nice! Yeah the Stengel dive has a straight point after it. That maybe the problem.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#39 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

That looks really nice! Yeah the Stengel dive has a straight point after it. That maybe the problem.

Picture 3 middle right side?

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#40 dylan

dylan

Don't follow the light

• 1004 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

Wow I missed this. I love it man.

Ex college baseball player. Currently a student!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amazing, awesomeness, hyper, knexrule11, sferico