Custom Giga / Hyper style coaster

hyper ionzer0 summer heat

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:32 PM

Im making a custom hyper / giga styled coaster with a lot of speed hills sideways airtime banks and helix and large hills xc.... trying to put the new 13,, bearings up to the test and seeing what I can really out out of them.

Attached Files

#2 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:13 PM

Shaping looks fantastic so far! You're off to a great start with this.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#3 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:28 PM

wow got a bit carried away tonight lol, build to drop and first hill allready. idk what do though, shambarlla recreation or just a custom heavily inspired. probably custom inspired but ill defo have a crack at that weired turn around thing.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   61.63KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   65.13KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   69.21KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   82.91KB   0 downloads

#4 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:32 PM

and yes It dose make the hill btw, with enough speed that you could possable get a small pop of ait time from it, 2-3 inchest taller and it would fail the hill though, so its at the perfect high for both speed / airtime and looking large. 7.5 grey rods for the drop and 6 grey to the top of the hill. and remember it takes the hill with a small amount of extra speed to act like airtime. turn around will probably be about 4.5-5 grey rods high. with the speed hill at about 2 and the final large hill at about 3.5 hopfully. if shambarlla ends up being what I make

#5 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 08:35 PM

it would be awesome if you did shambhala, how many times do you test outside before the final outside build?, I'm gonna try and do a summer heat contest on the KRC or Rollercoaster crafter Servers

Edited by CrayCray for coasters, 02 February 2021 - 08:36 PM.

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

#6 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 10:06 PM

it would be awesome if you did shambhala, how many times do you test outside before the final outside build?, I'm gonna try and do a summer heat contest on the KRC or Rollercoaster crafter Servers

I live in a flat so I only want to take it out side really to film, atm the living room is still empty so I can test larger sections in there. the lift will be edited to reach the 6 foot mark probably, and I will make the main airtime hill about 5 (so thats from 5.5 lift and 4.4 hill up to 6 foot and just under 5 foot for hill) to make sure the scale is right and the speed is right. ill edit these in the next few days before I start the turn around element. im also editing the top of the drop to make it a bit more b and m shaped although ill leave the steepness of it as is, since knex dose well with steeper drops for les drag. even though the real drop is more like 75 degrees and not the 80-85 that this is more like. the rest will be accurate though.

#7 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 10:08 PM

but atm im just dropping the train from and element from a non moving position and having it just bearly make the element im trying to create, this means with the extra momentom from the train being in motion at the top of these elemts it can easily make the hills and turn around once fully assembled

• CrayCray for coasters likes this

#8 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 08:02 PM

Nice to see the custom bearings being put to good use! But be careful with any dirt outside. That's how I ruined some of my bearings.

#9 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 07:37 AM

Nice to see the custom bearings being put to good use! But be careful with any dirt outside. That's how I ruined some of my bearings.

yh, also here in the uk we have high humidity, so they get rusty quite fast, so there isnt really anyting I can do about it. I find myself buying a new set every few months

#10 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 04:59 PM

i'm defo gonna need my new hubs for when i build that 12ft dragster

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hyper, ionzer0, summer heat