Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

I guess I'll do a journal.

To start off, I'll just list my major plans for this summer:

July 4-11 CoasterForce Live
July 15-19 Indiana Robotics Invitational
July 28-Aug 5 CoasterForce Live

I'll be doing a lot of other stuff this summer as well. I'll be hanging out with friends a lot. I'll also have some robotics meetings that I could share about. Now for some randoms:

Tomorrow will be the first time that I have been in the United States for a 4th of July since 1999.

Yesterday, I went to Cedar Point with my friends. It was a great day, not a cloud in the sky. We rode:

MilF
Maverick x2
Skyhawk
Cedar Creek Mine Ride
Gemini
Magnum
Top Thrill Dragster x2
Iron Dragon
Mantis
Wicked Twister
MaXair
Raptor
Blue Streak

That's it for now. I'll write more later.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#2 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:31 AM

Looks cool!
Are you working on a robotics prroject? Pictures?

Ps; ROFLBSLBIHTB I didn't know there's a coaster called milf :)

#3 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

We rode: MilF

Ha, I love it.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#4 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! COASTER TRIP TIME!!!!! SEE YOU TOMORROW MORNING, BUDDY!!!

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#5 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

Alright, I'm finally back on the forums. I haven't had much computer access in the past week, so I'm sorry for my absence.

Here's how this is going to work. The trip report is going to be split up into three parts; two parks/days per part. I won't talk too much about the rides I have already been on because you guys could look back at my report from last year. Enough talk.

Day 0. We drove from my house to Marcus's house. It wasn't a bad drive, but nothing exciting. We chilled and went to bed.

Day 1. We got up and slowly got ready. We ended up leaving at around noon. We arrived at Knoebels at around 4:00 to find a packed parking lot. After driving through, we find a spot in the first row of cars right next to the entrance. Our first ride was Phoenix.

Phoenix was a great ride. It's everything that a classic wooden coaster should be. It is extremely smooth, has a good layout, and a ton of airtime. It's one of those rides that gets better as the ride goes on. With only a buzzbar, you leave your seat. On my second ride, I sat next to Gavin, and we were both laughing like giddy little schoolgirls.

Twister is another good ride, although not as good as Phoenix. Twister is pretty unique because of its strange lifthill, which has a 180 degree turnaround half way up. The majority of the ride is inspired by Twister at Elitch Gardens and was full of lateral G's and fun drops and turns. There were quite a few messed up transitions as well.

Kosmo's Kurves was our final credit. For a kiddie coaster, it was really fun, and actually had decent airtime.

We rode the Haunted House ride, which was pretty cool after Kosmo's Kurves.

We ate next. I got the pierogies and an Italian sausage. It was to die for.

We checked out Flying Turns and headed for one more ride on Phoenix. Then we left for Hershey.

We entered Hersheypark at around 8:00 that night and headed straight for Fahrenheit. The line was only around 15 minutes. I enjoyed Fahrenheit a lot. It was fairly smooth, had a variety of elements, and never let up. Overall, I thought it was better than Storm Runner because I thought it had more to offer.

Storm Runner was next. We got on quickly and were off. Storm Runner is fun, fast, and intense, but it's too short and it's starting to be a little painful. After two rides, I figured out that if you grabbed the top of your restraints for the second half like on Maverick, the second half is much better.

Our last ride of the night was Lightning Racer. We got two rides on each side and we had a blast. Both sides are good, and I can't decide which one I like better. Both sides are filled with airtime and laterals. They're gorgeous coasters and I wish they were a bit closer to my house.

Day 2. Temperature: 100F with 95% humidity. We headed straight to Great Bear to get the credit. We waited for front row, which was a mistake. It took a half hour when we could have gotten on in five minutes. Later in the day, the line for the front was much shorter. Great Bear is an interesting ride, but it dies at the end. They could have done a lot more with the layout, but what they did is decent.

We rode Wild Mouse and Wildcat while waiting for Roller Soaker to open. I don't see why people hate on Wildcat so much. It's a great coaster with pops of airtime, laterals, and a good layout.

Half of the group didn't ride Roller Soaker, so we rode Lightning Racer some more. In our two days at Hersheypark, I went 7-1, only losing my last race by the length of the zero car. We went back to Roller Soaker and practiced blasting riders with the geysers. Aidan got so good at it that it looked like he was actually hurting people. We ended up drenching Kevin, Gavin, Athena, and Taylor.

We finished getting the credits next, so not much to say. It was a great day, despite the heat. Now on to photos. Some of my photos have been edited for color or contrast:

Phoenix:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Twister:
Posted Image

Kosmo's Kurves:
Posted Image

My meal:
Posted Image

Flying Turns:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ferris Wheel:
Posted Image

Park atmosphere:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Now Hersheypark's photos:

Fahrenheit:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Storm Runner:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lightning Racer:
Posted Image

Wildcat:
Posted Image

SooperDooperLooper:
Posted Image

Great Bear:
Posted Image

Kevin, Athena, Taylor, and Gavin on Great Bear:
Posted Image

Gavin and Aidan on Storm Runner:
Posted Image

Roller Soaker:
Posted Image

Kevin soaked:
Posted Image

Gavin soaked:
Posted Image

Night shots:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, it's hot out:
Posted Image

Fahrenheit panorama:
Posted Image

And lastly, here's my offride of Fahrenheit:

Enjoy! Part two comes tomorrow.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan

#6 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

Sounds like you had a good time. I personally like Storm Runner more than Fahrenheit, but only if you sit in the front row, or at least in the front half of the train. Fahrenheit is good in all of the rows, but on Storm Runner, the back half of the train is fairly jerky and bumpy, compared to the front. By the way, was Twister bumpy at all to you? It could just be my exaggerated memory, but when I rode it 3 years ago, it seemed pretty violent.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#7 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

^Twister wasn't too rough, but it wasn't smooth like Phoenix.

Day 3. Temperature: 105*. We arrived at King's Dominion with a bit of time to spare. We headed to the gate, got our walk on passes, tried to finish our chocolate that we bought the day before, and waited. Our first ride was Dominator, which is still a great ride. The corkscrews are a bit rough, but the ride is overall fast and intense.

We headed to the Eiffel Tower so we could go to 305 early. There were only three people ahead of us in line. It was great. We all waited for the front row and enjoyed the ride for the most part. The ride can be better, but it's still the best ride in the park. It's fast and forceful, yet graceful at the same time. The trip was centered around this ride and I thought it was fitting. Hopefully they can figure out their wheel problem so the trims can be removed, because the ride would be absolutely nuts without them. The restraints are also super comfortable. They make the transitions enjoyable and don't hurt one bit.

Next was Volcano, which is still a good ride. The launches are awesome and the rolls are very fun. It's a shame that the ride enters the brakes with so much speed though.

Due to rides that were still not open, we walked to the other side of the park, only to walk back and forth probably a total of five times. I did not ride Shockwave, Hurler, or Scooby's Ghoster Coaster(it's called that, right?). Grizzly was ok, Drop Tower was ok, Backlot was ok, Anaconda was ok, and Avalanche was the only roller coaster that we could legitimately cuddle on. We also rode the rapids ride to cool off and we got soaked. After the rapids, we rode the flying scooters, which weren't the best(wait until you hear about the ones at Carowinds).

Obviously, we went up the Eiffel Tower to take pictures. I absolutely loved my 10x zoom. I also loved my digital zoom, which allowed me to take photos at 40x.

We rode Dominator a bit more and headed out. We stopped at Five Guys which was delicious as always.

Day 4. Temperature: 97*ish. Busch Gardens was on the agenda today. We entered the park and headed straight for Griffon. Griffon is still the same lovely ride with a great drop. The layout is awesome and the ride is very forceful. There were gforce meters on all the rides at BGE and the one on Griffon hit 4g at least three times.

Alpengeist was next. There was a trim on at the top of the drop, which I don't remember from last year, but the ride was still super intense. The theme is absolutely awesome as well.

We headed to Apollo's Chariot and once again, it didn't disappoint. Everybody finally realized why I love this ride so much when we rode in back, which offers great airtime, especially on the last drop.

Everybody got their cred on Grover next. Then we headed to the Festhaus to eat. I got sausage with kraut, red cabbage, chocolate cake, mozzarella sticks, and a large powerade. Absolutely lush.

We got our Loch Ness Monster cred and then rode the train. We got to see where Drachen Fire used to be. We then rode the boat ride afterward and saw where Big Bad Wolf used to be. It's a shame that it's gone. We then headed for Europe in the Air to check it out. It was a fairly long queue and the ride ended up being dreadfully horrible. The filming sucked, was at 2x speed, and they only showed about half of Europe. Don't ride it, even if it's a walk on.

Rerides on Alpengeist and Apollo's Chariot followed. Escape from Pompeii was next, which was pretty cool. We then headed for Griffon for two more rides. On one of them, Joey decided to cross his leg. Kyle followed, as well as Athena, Marcus, and Taylor. After that, we all had to join in. We had 10 in our group this day, and we were all sitting in the front row. We all held our legs crossed the same way for the entire ride, and our photo turned out amazing. Hopefully it will end up on the CF banner.

We left afterward. We had a long drive to Carowinds, so we had to hit the road. During the drive, Athena had to take a leak, so we stopped at a gas station. While we were there, a group of gangsters pulled in and started talking with another group by an open trunk. There were also some white boys sitting in a car with their shirts off starting at us. It was pretty interesting. We made it to our hotel safe and sound though.

On to pictures:

Taylor, Gavin, Marcus, and Jerry enjoying Dominator:
Posted Image

Dominator:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Intimidator 305:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Crazy, yet smooth transitions:
Posted Image

Marcus and Kevin enjoying their ride:
Posted Image

Volcano:
Posted Image

Posted Image

We were stopping for water after nearly every ride:
Posted Image

Gavin and Aidan enjoying Backlot:
Posted Image

I thought of Taylor when I saw this:
Posted Image

Drop Tower:
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Crypt:
Posted Image

From the top of the Eiffel Tower:
Posted Image

Front entrance night shot. Absolutely beautiful:
Posted Image

Griffon:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Griffon and Alpengeist:
Posted Image

Alpengeist:
Posted Image

Apollo's Chariot:
Posted Image

Enjoying Grover:
Posted Image

Where Big Bad Wolf used to be:
Posted Image

This explains a lot:
Posted Image

And lastly, a group shot:
Posted Image

Enjoy! The final part comes tomorrow!

Posted Image

#8 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

Italian Job has gay cars now.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#9 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

Day 5. Temperature: 93*. We woke up early to drive once again and we arrived just after the park opened. We headed to Nighthawk first and waited about 15 minutes. The ride had vibrations and the layout wasn't as good as Firehawk's.

Next was Intimidator. We rode in the back and the first thing I noticed was that the ride was rough. The ride had decent air, but the turnaround was forceless and the end of the ride sucked. It was a disappointment since it's a new Beemer and it doesn't even compare to Diamondback and Behemoth.

Afterburn was next, which saved the day. Afterburn was everything I was expecting it to be; a solid inverted coaster. It had some great forces, especially in the batwing and final helix, and it even had a bit of airtime. It was a fast paced ride and easily the best ride in the park.

I can't even be bothered to write about the rest of the park (except one ride). Thunder Road was ok. Hurler sucked. Vortex sucked. Carolina Cyclone sucked. Carolina Cobra was ok. Ricochet was nothing special. The mine train sucked. The kiddie coasters weren't anything special. Overall, the park was just bad. There was only one restaurant with air conditioning, which is pathetic.

Although I do have to talk about probably the best ride on the entire trip; Woodstock's Flyers. Normally, an amusement park would kick you out for snapping on a flying scooter, but not at Carowinds. The ride ops actually advocate it. We rode twice, and on our second ride, all ten riders were snapping. The ride op said she had never seen it before. I have never laughed so hard on a ride before. Honestly, I can't wait until we get to ride the flying scooters at Indiana Beach.

We left kind of early because there was nothing else to bother riding again. During our drive, we ran into the only rain on the trip - about ten minutes worth of sprinkles.

Day 6, the final day. Temperature: 80*...thank God!

We got up and drove to Dollywood. The drive itself was absolutely stunning, and when we got to the park, the beauty continued. We entered and the park was pristine. The midways and rides were surrounded by trees and there was theming all over the place. Our first ride was the kiddie coaster to get it out of the way, and then we rode the ferris wheel. Taylor was terrified and it was pretty funny, since the ferris wheel is an old fashioned wheel with bench seats instead of gondolas. Blazing Fury was next.

Blazing Fury was interesting. It's an indoor powered coaster themed to firefighting. There was a lot of theming to it and the ride had three big drops. The last drop had a water splash, which actually felt pretty good.

Tennessee Tornado was next. This was a ride that I always wanted to ride. It was one of Arrow's last coasters, and they finally learned what heartlining was. I got off the ride thinking "what the hell is this?" Even though they finally figured out heartlining, the ride was still screwed up. The turn into the first drop is similar to Mantis', but it's banked at much more of an angle. The first loop is huge, but there isn't a fluid motion to it. The loop is very wide, and this creates twists at the 90* points of the loop. There are other transitions in the ride that are pretty funky too. The ride is smooth and intense though, so at least Arrow did something right.

Thunderhead was next. We heard a lot of good things about this ride, and we were hoping it didn't disappoint. The ride ended up being better in the front. Thunderhead was full of lateral G's and small pops of airtime throughout the ride. The turns are extremely fun and the station fly through is interesting. Thunderhead is a quality ride and a ride that should be a model for how other wooden twisters should be.

Timber Tower was closed, which was a huge disappointment. We rode Mystery Mine instead. While I thought the ride was nothing too exciting, it was a very fun ride. The theming, especially at the beginning of the ride, is very well done. Mystery Mine did not disappoint.

Lunch was next. We had country buffet and saw a ton of obese people, which is a shame. People really need to watch how they eat. I personally started off with a plate of salad and cole slaw followed up with a plate of salisbury steak, mac n cheese, and mashed potatoes. I finished it off with a cup of jello. They sure can cook good down south.

We headed to the train next, which was a real experience. The train used to operate in Alaska for the military before it ended up in Tennessee. The train climbs up the mountain and back down in about 20 minutes.

We headed up the hill to ride Mountain Slidewinder, which was a fun water ride. We didn't get too wet and we enjoyed drifting around the turns on our raft.

We went back to Adventure Mountain challenge course, something we passed up earlier. We waited in line and headed up to the challenges. There are three courses, and fortunately, you can head back up to do the others without waiting in line again. We chose the highest one, and when we were done, we went back and did the other two. The most fun course was the one with the waterfall, which randomly shot geysers at the climbers. I ended up getting shot twice.

After a few more rerides, it was time to go. We had to drive five hours back to Cincinnati. We gave hugs and hit the road. The trip was awesome. We rode a ton of rides and we all enjoyed everybody's company. Fortunately, the bigger trip is in two weeks, so we will be able to see eachother again, plus a few more people who are tagging along.

Here's the last batch of pics:

The group with Carowind's entrance:
Posted Image

Nighthawk:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Afterburn:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Carolina Cobra:
Posted Image

Carolina Cyclone:
Posted Image

Vortex:
Posted Image

Woodstock's Flyers:
Posted Image

Intimidator:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dollywood:

One of the beautiful midways:
Posted Image

On the ferris wheel:
Posted Image

Tennessee Tornado:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mystery Mine:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The train:
Posted Image

Adventure Mountain:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thunderhead:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And lastly, the Buckeye Parfait, a special at Kevin's ice cream shop in Cincinnati:
Posted Image

Enjoy!

Posted Image

#10 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

A little late but I'm surprised they let you guys ride on the grover coaster. Last time me and my friends tried to ride they didn't let us. As for the trim on Alpengeist I do believe it's been there the entire the time I've been riding it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

Finally got through reading through your trip. About how much did it cost you per person?

#12 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

The trip cost a total of $280 I believe. All eight of us split hotel and gas. We all had platinum passes so the price was even lower.

Posted Image

#13 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:51 PM

I started an RCT2 park a few days ago. It's fairly large, and so far, I'm about 1/3 done. I'll probably post some screenshots and release it once it's done.

Posted Image

#14 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

Great trip report, Marc! Sorry for being naive, but what is the origin of Coasterforce?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#15 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

I know that it was founded by a dude in England, but that's about it. It's primarily an English coaster club.

Posted Image

#16 SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo

BANNED

• 139 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

About CF

We have links for that Marc. ;)

Posted Image

#17 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

Great report! I'm a bit surprised about intimidator. Where the trims hitting hard? when I rode opening day they were off, which gave the back forces but was not rough at all.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#18 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

I'm going to try and make this as short as possible since I'm tired and I want to go to bed.

King's Island was the first day. It was nice to see everybody again, but it was watered down because I lost my wallet on Firehawk. Luckily, I was able to get it back. To sum it up, Diamondback still rocks, Adventure Express is still fun, Drop Tower is fab, Beast at night is still lovely, and the park is overall just a fun place to be. Here's my King's Island photos:

Waiting to meet up after Dback:
Posted Image

First drop:
Posted Image

First drop, a bit closer:
Posted Image

Even closer:
Posted Image

Drop Tower:
Posted Image

Waiting after Flight Deck:
Posted Image

Son of Beast is looking especially rickety nowadays. They were doing work in the station too:
Posted Image

More Diamondback goodness:
Posted Image

Messing with Athena, we put her flip flop in the light and she couldn't reach it:
Posted Image

With 10x optical, I can now take photos that I couldn't before:
Posted Image

Posted Image

This photo should explain why we ride Beast at night:
Posted Image

Lastly, we were able to walk through King's Island's light show, which was absolutely gorgeous:
Posted Image

Day two was Holiday World. Excluding Cedar Point and King's Island(because I have already been to them), this was probably my favorite park of the trip. I like how it has the classic amusement park feel, but is a general admission park instead of pay per ride. The Voyage was everything I expected it to be. It was fast, long, and had good forces and great airtime. I can't imagine how this ride would be with Timberliners, which are supposed to make the ride faster and smoother. Even with the old trains, it still is my number 3 coaster. Legend was what I expected as well, a nice long twisty wooden coaster. I never understood why people didn't like it, because I didn't think it was rough or lacking anything for the most part. Raven was a surprise to be completely honest. I didn't see why everybody loved it so much, but now I can see why. The ride is as smooth as a steel coaster, yet it is intense. It doesn't have much airtime, but it has good laterals, and if it were 1,500 feet longer, it would be a top 10 coaster for sure. Pilgrim's Plunge was a fun flume. The lift was awesome and the splashdown was really surprising. The park food was delicious as well. It was definitely the best and probably the most healthy meal we had on the trip. Enough blab, here are pics:

The Raven, it's right along the parking lot:
Posted Image

waiting at the front gate:
Posted Image

That's a lot of silly bands:
Posted Image

Absolutely beautiful:
Posted Image

The ride is full of airtime:
Posted Image

The Legend's first drop, which was pretty good:
Posted Image

The Raven is a very spiffy looking coaster:
Posted Image

Sweet salvation:
Posted Image

The free pop is an awesome touch:
Posted Image

The Legend off in the distance:
Posted Image

It's a long way down:
Posted Image

One moment you're fine:
Posted Image

The next, you're facing a wall of water:
Posted Image

We rode quite a few unique rides on the trip, this is one of them:
Posted Image

Enjoy! Worlds of Fun and Silver Dollar City are tomorrow.

Posted Image

#19 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

No replies, no surprise. I hope the second part has at least a few.

Time for my second installment of the trip. This time, it's going to be a bit longer. As many of you know, this was the best Live that we have attended yet. I'm going to start the report with a bit of the behind the scenes, which should really show just how much fun we had on the trip.

It's still the 29th and we're just leaving Holiday World. We have a very long drive ahead of us. We put on a radio station, and we heard Kesha about 5 times, Bulletproof 3 times, California Girls twice, and a few other popular songs a few times each. The station we were listening to was playing the same seven or eight songs over and over. Driving down the road, Marcus, Aidan, Brad, and me start to point out hot girls, which led us to quite a lot of fun later on in the trip.

We're just passed St. Louis and we need some gas. We pull into a gas station and it was similar to our gas stop in North Carolina on Dixieland Doozy. We saw a guy almost drive away with the nozzle still in his gas tank. We also found that we hit a butterfly:

Posted Image

We get back on the road, still listening to the same radio station. Finally, we arrived in Boonville, MO, a small town that was currently hosting the little league midwest championships. There were kids up the wazoo. We got hungry, so we wanted Wendy's at the truck stop next door. Instead of taking two lefts to the building, we drove around back through the truck stop, constantly avoiding trucks and other obstacles until we got there. Later that night, we wanted to go swimming. The pool's water level was about a foot lower than it should have been and the hot tub was probably 110*. We ended up splashing, dunking eachother, and making fun of Taylor. We then ended up relaxing before going to bed.

The next day, we hit the road again. We started listening to morning radio, which was extremely stupid and funny. We turned it off and started listening to Lil Wayne:

Posted Image

As we got closer to Worlds of Fun, we narrowly avoided an accident(we actually just barely scraped another car) and got some Krispy Kreme. It was then time for credz:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Worlds of Fun was a surprising park. We were expecting another Carowinds, but luckily, the park turned out to be fairly nice and had some decent rides. Our only complaint was the lack of shade in queues. We did get to meet Tom though, which was awesome:
Posted Image

We started with Prowler, which was quite a wild ride through the woods.
Posted Image

It was full of airtime and got better and better as the ride went on.
Posted Image

We each took turns in the front. First was Brad, Marcus, Taylor, and Gavin:
Posted Image

Next was Jerry, Aidan, and Matt:
Posted Image

We rode Prowler about five times before heading to Spinning Dragons. We waited a little, but got on just fine. Tom went with Taylor and Aidan and they spun the entire ride:
Posted Image

Patriot was up next, and ended up being the surprise of the trip. The whole ride was butter smooth with a good variety of elements. The drop, loop, and immelmann are forceful and the 0-g is the best 0-g that any of us have been on. The helix is awesome and the hill over the station has a very nice drop. The corkscrew has the traditional whip and the final helix finishes off the ride with some positive Gs and a bit of airtime. I have a lot of Patriot photos so I will save them until later.

Timberwolf was next, and it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. We heard crap, and it wasn't too bad.

After Brad got his big apple credit, we went to Mamba.
Posted Image

The ride is alright. The drop and first two hills have good air and the helix has some awesome supports. The rest of the ride is pretty meh though:
Posted Image

We headed for the last cred, which was Boomerang. We thought it was pretty bad, but we laughed at its Barbie colored train and its milk carton as a storage bin.
Posted Image

We went back for rerides, which included Mamba, Prowler, and the photogenic Patriot:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We then headed out. Tom recommended a smokehouse for dinner, so we headed across the state line to Kansas for Jack Stack. We got an incredible amount of meat and it ended up as one of the best meals on our trip. We then said good bye to Tom, who had a ton of fun. We were all glad to meet him and hope that we can again soon.

It was time to drive to Springfield, MO. about two hours into our drive, we stopped for drinks at a gas station. Marcus sees a hot girl walk out of the station and get into her car. He thought the person sitting in the car was her hick boyfriend. They get on the highway before us and we pass them only to find out that her hick boyfriend is actually her even hotter brunette friend, so we waved at them. Two minutes later, they drive passed us waving. The first thing we thought was "PEN AND PAPER!" We found a pen right off the bat and we were scrambling for paper. We couldn't find any, starting to feel glum when we looked at eachother and exclaimed "KRISPY KREME BOX!" We started tearing it apart just so we could write "What are your numbers?" on the box. We drove passed them holding the sign and they returned the message with a number. Unfortunately, they gave us a land line, but the fact that we got a number was great.

We arrived at our hotel a little confused about how to get to it, so we ended up off roading over the grass into the parking lot. We relaxed a little and saw Gavin get frazzled because the attendant at the Kum and Go station wouldn't let him buy beer with a copy of his passport. After more laughs, we went to bed.

The next day was Silver Dollar City.
Posted Image

We got to the park and found a line to get into the parking lot. The entrance was full of old people, but we got in and headed straight for Grand Exposition Coaster. We got our kiddie cred and headed for the bigger rides. We also took in the park scenery:
Posted Image

They had some interesting stuff, including this stone water ball thing:
Posted Image

The park had a swinging bridge as well:
Posted Image

And just like Dollywood, they had the giant skillets filled with delicious smelling food:
Posted Image

Our next ride was Thunderation. Nobody really knew much about this ride, and we found out that the third and fifth cars face backwards. We all had to try it out. The ride starts off at the top of the hill which the park sits on, and meanders down to a giant helix. After a few turns and hills with some airtime, a lift hill takes you up to a fairly large drop which then rises up into the brakes. It's the best mine train that I have been on:
Posted Image

Up next was Wildfire, which was my 250th coaster.
Posted Image

It turned out to be a good choice for 250.
Posted Image

The ride flowed well, had great forces, and was fast paced. If only the ride was a bit longer, it would probably be ranked a bit higher.
Posted Image

Just like all the other coasters, Wildfire sits on the side of a hill. The station and viewing platform are basically half way between the ground and the top of the lift.
Posted Image

We stopped to get some drinks by this lovely waterfall:
Posted Image

Powder Keg was next. It was our longest wait at the park and was one of the more unique coasters of the trip.
Posted Image

The unique part of Powder Keg is its sliding track section. After rolling out of the station, the following piece of track slides to the left and about ten feet upwards to the launch track.
Posted Image

Powder Keg then launches into a series of hills and turns before the lift hill. After the lift hill, you drop down into a forceful helix before the brakes. Personally, I found that the lift killed the flow of the ride.
Posted Image

Our last cred was Fire in the Hole, a clone of Blazing Fury at Dollywood. Not much to talk about here. We then headed to a buffet for lunch, which was absolutely awful. We checked out Flooded Mine, which was a pretty cool shooter. After walking around and grabbing some rerides, we headed out. I'll end this part of the report with a photo of the cutiepies, Brad and Taylor:

Posted Image

I hope this part of the report shows just how much fun these trips were and how much fun all of them can be. I hope that this also inspires/encourages other members to join in on the fun next year.

Enjoy! Six Flags St. Louis and Indiana Beach come tomorrow.

Posted Image

#20 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

Me and my friends play a game when we see hot girls. I shall explain =). If someone thinks they see a hot girl they say marco and if the others think that she is hot they say polo. Immature I know but it's good if they are standing within hearing distance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]