• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

Looking good!
The only thing you could improve it on is add a LITTLE more support. Even a tube support stuck on the end of it would be fine.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#82 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

OK, right now i'm trying to build Dominator so it looks to scale. Everything is to scale except the cobra roll. I only wanted to use on booster and I need you help to make this work. Here was the gameplan. I would take out the booster, clean and lube my cars, the car would make it through the overbank, and the i would add the booster before the c-roll so i could make the c-roll 8-9 yellows high. That didn't workout as you can see in this video.
Posted Image

So i have some options

1: I use the booster in the middle of the turns pullout as i did before to make the c-roll 7 yellows high and not realistic or to scale.

2: I use two boosters. The first, where i had before and the second, at the beginning of the c-roll so i can make it 8-9 yellows high

3: You figure out a way to get enough speed to make it through the overbank without using a booster, and then use that booster at the beginning of the c-roll to make the c-roll -9 yellows high.

You choose which one.[If you choose option three then say how to gain more speed]

Comment Fast!

Posted Image

#83 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

are your cars weighted? that helps alot

#84 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

^yes his cars are weighted. I would go for option 3. your cars are still noisy in the video, you should spray some oil (siliconen spray) on the axles of the wheels, after that let it run a couple of times through your circuit. Good luck!

Posted Image

#85 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

Im sorry to say it but i think that you should go with 2 boosters. I think that you will need that extra speed to make it threw the layout, no mater were it is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

#86 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

GUYS!! I need comments!

Well, i am very mad because Dominator was fixed! It just made it over the overbank and completely through. But then i lubed it one more time and when the lube kicked in, it kept doing a rollback. Is there such thing as over lubing? Tell me if there is and how to fix it.

Comment a lot more!
P.S. I repainted my cars silver!

Posted Image

#87 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

IDK what to do but the ride looks great!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#88 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

That happen to me. You have to run the cars through the track for a while to " kick in the lube".

#89 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

You could try wiping down the track to get rid of excess lube. Also, don't give up, because it will probably start working again in a day or so.

#90 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

Is this your first roller coaster? If so, even more awesome!

#91 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:27 AM

Ok guys, i am very sorry to say but Dominator is canceled.

1: Lack of intrest
2: Lack of pecies
3: This coaster has three boosters on it and its not making it up the c-roll

I am going to start another coaster and that coaster will be finished.
Jumpge.

Posted Image

#92 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

thats sad....:mcy:mcy:mcy:mcy:mcy:mcy:mcy:mcy:mcy:mcy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#93 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

Sad face :(. Well hopefully you do better on this one, and again, build smaller so you don't have to mess about with the amount of pieces you have.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#94 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

Oh, that's ok, I cancelled more coasters than I have built, so, Good luck on your next coaster!

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dominator jumpge