No-Name Invert Coaster (Final Post - 3/11)

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

This.....is....awesome!! You almost make me jizz...:lolo Good luck with the rest of the layout.

Posted Image

#22 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

From the top picture that you showed us:

Posted Image

The top part should be steeper. At the moment it looks flat. Well that comparison is really good. It is turning out great!

EDIT: Also the banking of when it is inverted should start later.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#23 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

That's incredible! Best VV drop I've ever seen. You must have a ton of 90 degree connectors! :P And Kevyn, he can't help the banking, it's VV track, it doesn't let you bank at any less than 90 degrees, unless you have the special turning track.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#24 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

looks great the anking is right on but the top looks flat drop needs to be steeper but the bottom of the drop is dead on

#25 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

That is so sick dude.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#26 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

No doubt about it this is the nicest vv coaster i have ever seen. All that I would do is steepen that drop and your good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

#27 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

This.....is....awesome!! You almost make me jizz...:lolo Good luck with the rest of the layout.

Whoa man... That's not normal... :rotfladd Haha, thanks.

From the top picture that you showed us:

Posted Image

The top part should be steeper. At the moment it looks flat. Well that comparison is really good. It is turning out great!

EDIT: Also the banking of when it is inverted should start later.

I first tried to make the top part steeper, but doing that made the crest start to bank, and it looked really bad. And I already mentioned why the banking is a bit off in the update.

That's incredible! Best VV drop I've ever seen. You must have a ton of 90 degree connectors! :P And Kevyn, he can't help the banking, it's VV track, it doesn't let you bank at any less than 90 degrees, unless you have the special turning track.

Thanks! And yep, I've got a crapload. :D

looks great the anking is right on but the top looks flat drop needs to be steeper but the bottom of the drop is dead on

I changed the drop a bit and now its steeper.

That is so sick dude.

-RCT2123

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

No doubt about it this is the nicest vv coaster i have ever seen. All that I would do is steepen that drop and your good.

Glad you like it. And I did make the drop steeper.

Well not a big update. I was looking at the drop and something looked wrong to me. Then I figured out the pullout was WAY too high off the ground. It was one and a half oranges and now it's just an orange. So I fixed it, now it looks better, and this fix will save me lots of pieces in the long run. A win-win-win situation for me. :D And I also added the lateral on that one support.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comparison still looks good (the end will go up like the real pic when I start the loop pull-in):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Onto the loop...

-BBaller347 :tmbs-

#28 Renegade

Renegade

Valleyfair Poster!

• 323 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

Love it. Keep up the great work!

Posted Image
Valleyfair's Most Comprehensive Online Guide!

Dude... Really? Now you're giving Guitarist a reason to post...

#29 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:31 AM

Great! That drop looks perfect now.

Posted Image

#30 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

Looks really nice. Unlucky you can't do the steep thing but it still looks really good.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#31 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

It looks nice, but if i'm correct, i see a bump between the last lift support and the first drop support.

-=TK=-

Posted Image

#32 NitroDude319

NitroDude319

Compact or Nothing

• 1846 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

Who would have known that VV could look so nice? Man that looks perfect so far, move on.

^ Its not a bump. Its the twist for the banking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

looks great now best VV i have ever seen the bottom of the drop looks just like the real one

#34 BBaller347

BBaller347

• 973 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

Love it. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, and I'll try.

Great! That drop looks perfect now.

Thank you.

Looks really nice. Unlucky you can't do the steep thing but it still looks really good.

Well I think I'll live... ;) Thanks.

It looks nice, but if i'm correct, i see a bump between the last lift support and the first drop support.

-=TK=-

As NitroDude said, that's an illusion created by the twist.

Who would have known that VV could look so nice? Man that looks perfect so far, move on.

Thanks dude, glad you like it.

looks great now best VV i have ever seen the bottom of the drop looks just like the real one

Thank you!

I've been building the loop and I want to know if this is good shaping.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comparison:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know your thoughts. - :cool:

#35 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

WOW! that's awesome! The zero-G is gonna be hell to do though.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#36 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

Try making the loop more like this.[i know its the picture is the second loop but the two loops are he same] I see that there are sharp spots on each side at the support that holds the two tracks together. After that, it goes straight and then another sharp spot. I know you will support the loop more, right? The coaster otherwise looks great. Keep up the great work!

Posted Image

#37 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

From about 45 degrees to vertical on both sides of the loop is a straight spot, if you make those spots more round I think it will look much better. And I know you're not done supporting it yet. ;)

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#38 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:26 AM

AWESOME WORK!
The only thing I can see is that where the loop's left is seen crossing the right should be at more of a 45o angle.

#39 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:06 AM

You should fix these straight spots, and can you use other track strenghteners at the very top of the loop? the ones you are now using looks a little ugly :o

Posted Image

#40 BBaller347

BBaller347

• 973 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

WOW! that's awesome! The zero-G is gonna be hell to do though.

Thanks, but as other people pointed out, I changed it a bit and it looks better.

Try making the loop more like this.[i know its the picture is the second loop but the two loops are he same] I see that there are sharp spots on each side at the support that holds the two tracks together. After that, it goes straight and then another sharp spot. I know you will support the loop more, right? The coaster otherwise looks great. Keep up the great work!

I think I fixed it and I still have two moe supports to add.

From about 45 degrees to vertical on both sides of the loop is a straight spot, if you make those spots more round I think it will look much better. And I know you're not done supporting it yet. ;)

I think I got it.

AWESOME WORK!
The only thing I can see is that where the loop's left is seen crossing the right should be at more of a 45o angle.

Thanks and again, I'm pretty sure I fixed it.

You should fix these straight spots, and can you use other track strenghteners at the very top of the loop? the ones you are now using looks a little ugly :o

I know those green transition connectors are ugly but I cant use the orange rods like the rest of the coaster because they can't bend that much unless I want to permanently ruin them. Plus the other camera I use for video recording doesn't make them as bright as this camera so they won't be as distracting.

Hows this? I modified the strengtheners and supports. Also, ignore the end of the pull-out; it will be more curved once I start the zero-g.

Before:
Posted Image

Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know your thoughts... :cool: