SSC Magazine Revival

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

Calling in ALL sscoasters members! This is a thread to revive the SSC magazine. Many people including myself thought it was a great idea and I intend to bring it back. Over the next few days I will find all the tricks on publisher so that it can be started. It would be nice if I had some helpers to plan it out. Please leave comments on how you think it should look like. And PM me with any interesting articles that you'd like to see in this magazine. I will try and feature the best coasters and the best descriptions. Once again, I also need some members to help me plan the magazine out. Maybe someone could work on a logo for the magazine. Whoever helps will be given credit.

It's time to bring back the SSC MAGAZINE! :)

#2 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

Good luck.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:39 AM

Good luck.

Thanks! I'll do my best.

#4 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

Really? I don't know if you will be able to do this, seeing what hassle it was in the first place.

#5 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:25 AM

I think its totally possible... as long as the people running it are totally committed to getting the project off the ground again.

I'm definitely interested in being a part of this (like an editor/writer or something), although I'm going to have to make sure I have enough time after starting college next week.

#6 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:53 AM

Really? I don't know if you will be able to do this, seeing what hassle it was in the first place.

So far I'm the only writer and the Suck crew is gonna make an article. You can make an article if you want.

I think its totally possible... as long as the people running it are totally committed to getting the project off the ground again.

I'm definitely interested in being a part of this (like an editor/writer or something), although I'm going to have to make sure I have enough time after starting college next week.

You can become one of those people if you want. I really want to pull this through.

Also, I need someone to create an awesome logo. All it has to Include is SSC Magazine and then you can add what you think is appropriate for the logo. I will choose the best to be feature on the SSC Magazine.

#7 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:55 AM

The thing is is that no-one wants to write for it. We had many things like this but they all died. PodCast, Magazine. It's not going to happen, people have better things to do that write a big as text. Let alone that most people can properly spell and use grammar half of the members is below the age of 12.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 HyperAir

HyperAir

My Current Build:VVHyper

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

I would voulenter to write articles on the newer style track and mention the best projects going on and stuff.

#9 Jesperdude

Jesperdude

european idiot

• 911 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

For any designs on/for the magazine: contact me.
Been working on some private projects myself as well.

:]

My signature is expericing a temporay delay and has therefore seized operation.

#10 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

To Max: The podcast actually lives on. We have recorded a few but it just turned into us making stupid comments and using "I Like Rape" soundboards... Yeah.

#11 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

The thing is is that no-one wants to write for it. We had many things like this but they all died. PodCast, Magazine. It's not going to happen, people have better things to do that write a big as text. Let alone that most people can properly spell and use grammar half of the members is below the age of 12.

I'm going to try this. If anyone uses incorrect grammar I'll correct it. I'm 14 and I'm very fast at typing so hopefully I'll get this done.

I would voulenter to write articles on the newer style track and mention the best projects going on and stuff.

You can make one but I was hoping to be the one to post a tutorial on how to build a micro coaster. You can post a coaster when you finish one and you can gladly be the person to mention the projects. Just don't forget to include me. :P

For any designs on/for the magazine: contact me.
Been working on some private projects myself as well.
Ok, I'll remember that. I'll contact you with a PM.

:]

To Max: The podcast actually lives on. We have recorded a few but it just turned into us making stupid comments and using "I Like Rape" soundboards... Yeah.

This sounds awkward. Have you got any articles to contribute?

The position of being a writer is still open.

#12 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

Hint: You want everyone to contribute as they like, having people write things as a job isn't going to work. People will keep dropping in and out which results in a lot of work for you. If you know about special project coming up contact those people as you like and ask them to write something about it.

If you want me to, I can make a article about Project Phase. I never properly told you guys the way I made it.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

That's a great idea, Max. Instead of having only a few people work on it, there would be different people from SSC writing articles each time.

Just wondering, what format would the final product be in? A PDF? A blog? Make your own website?

#14 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:11 AM

Hint: You want everyone to contribute as they like, having people write things as a job isn't going to work. People will keep dropping in and out which results in a lot of work for you. If you know about special project coming up contact those people as you like and ask them to write something about it.

If you want me to, I can make a article about Project Phase. I never properly told you guys the way I made it.

That was kind of what I wanted to happen. I want articles from every type of builder. From Expert to newbie. And yes please write an article.

That's a great idea, Max. Instead of having only a few people work on it, there would be different people from SSC writing articles each time.

Just wondering, what format would the final product be in? A PDF? A blog? Make your own website?

It will be on publisher and then I'll put it on the web as a PDF. Also, do you think that the news letter would be a good template or should I use another template.

I still need a logo. The only thing is that it needs to have SSC magazine written on it.

#15 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:29 AM

Maxlaam has posted a word format for articles. You can find it in my other SSC magazine thread. Please use this if you make an article.

I really need articles. I might have to cancel the project if I don't get enough articles.