• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 HyperAir

HyperAir

My Current Build:VVHyper

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

So, Considering there is no established or easy way to make custom Knex slim cars I figured I would post my way. I sadly do not have pictures yet to follow along and wont add them but I will post a completed pic.
What you need:
1 yellow micro rod
Hot glue
Willing to get burnt :|
Whatever peices you want for your custom job.
Step 1: Befor you take apart your car hotglue the chain dog so it doesnt pop off.
Step 2: Remove the tops of the cars by unscrewing them from the bottom. There is four screws.
Step 3: Hot glue the yellow micro rod to the top of the part sticking up in the front and to where the joint is in the midle of the car.
Step 4 Build your custom car seats
Step 5: Hot Glue them on.
So that is about all the info I can give but it is also important to note that you will need to make your own custom way of connectiong the cars.
Ok so here is the picture I promised.
Snapshot_20100822 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

#2 SimpsonsJunkey24

SimpsonsJunkey24

Spread Love Like Violence

• 406 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

Sounds cool, but it would be nice if we could actually see what's in the picture...

#3 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:55 AM

WoW! that's a great idea! The only problem would be weight issues. Also do you think you could get a clearer picture.

#4 HyperAir

HyperAir

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

Ya I can after I finish building the next car because It will be alot clean than the first one. The comment on the weight isue is valid. I do not have such a problem because I use the same track style as BBaller347 so that is not too much of a problem. I have extremley heavy cars so I dont advise Anyone going as extreme as me beceause It does need tons of extra suports to keep speed. I will post pics of the coaster and cars once I work on it. I also think After this coaster I will work on a system of automated brakes and stuff for slim cars.

#5 HyperAir

HyperAir

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

Ok, here are some pics. Try to look at the secon car in back more because that one was built much better.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for double post.

#6 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

looks like the new B&M hyper cars. very cool

#7 HyperAir

HyperAir

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, thats what I was inspired by. It also helps the track style BBaller347 invented looks like B&M track. The best part about it is that they sound like a B&M coaster too. I love it. I'm working on a coaster that should be done in about a week except for tweeking. I actually have built another and connected that too. It looks really good and was built exactly the same as the second one. The first was actually a prototype. I will make a thread for that coaster tonight.

#8 /\ero

/\ero

CP dodgeball 10-11

• 846 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

Not gonna lie, those are pretty legit. Nice work! Keep up the good work.

#9 HyperAir

HyperAir

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

Thanks but I fear The coaster that goes with them is not quite as good. But I think in a few hours I will be as happy with the coasters as the cars. I geuss that means I should make the construction thread now.

#10 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

looks cool keep up the good work and if you make a roller coaster definitley use those custom cars for a new roller coaster

#11 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

looks good damn you rock