Classified Information(Update 12/11)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:45 AM

I wan to experiment with this too. Too bad XenoX fills up my room for the next year :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:44 AM

hmm that might do the trick for me millenium force is not working with my current step. too much drag on the crest.

#43 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

Could you give me a better angle? I can't really see what's under the track very well. That seems like is would work, but I don't know how many of those connectors I have. TBM, I know that it kills my motors, but for the sake of watching it go once or twice is worth it. Good luck with MF. Also, Fraggie is looking for a launch for his coaster, and I was thinking of maybe showing him this, but I want your opinions first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#44 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

What do we mean by the companies merged is DD part of aminspec now?

I guess you could show him.

About the launch, i think rubberbands would work best have the turbine pull the catch car back devise a trigger mech, and disengage the turbine before the launch.

#45 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

http://www.sscoaster...ld-we-do-12027/
Read that. It will explain your question.
Rubber bands, uh, no. And the disengaing the turbine, very complicated.

And I think I should let him see it, use it, but not let the public see it till all the company changes have been made.

Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#46 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

1. well here's my interpretation of steels guide. much the same as before but a slightly differing connection

2. steel's catch car guide, its desighn makes the guide slightly higher on the track better for strait segments, I don't thing the car would rub on it at all. but if it were on a crest it might.

#47 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:35 PM

Ah, I think you got it. I will try that and see if it helps, but first I have to count out how many of those orange pieces I have. EDIT:I scrapped by with 6 left.

#48 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

I've got a bbf and a classic roller coaster of em so no isuues for me,

Oh btw I got millennium fore working by adding 25c to the cars. this is with the crest bare of anything.

#49 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:41 PM

^Thats good. I hope it works.

Well it only took 2 hours, but I got the guide 2.0 installed and ready to go. I think it doesn't look as neat and tidy as the 1.0, but it definitely cuts down on friction. My fingers are really sore now, but no pain, no gain, even if the gain is the rather pointless innovation of a childrens toy. Yay!

Anyway here are the pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

Actually here is what Steel did...

Posted Image

If you look closely you can see it, but I like yours better TBM. I will work on it.

Got a vid for us yet Master?

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#51 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

^lol what's the difference?
http://www.sscoaster...html#post277362

looks pretty nice Demasta that guide does look a bit tall i bet id be even better if you used mine :D

#52 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

I just understood your post :lol:

Oops...

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#53 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

By request, here is a video, you can't really see much of a difference, but it's apparent when you physically touch it.

Posted Image

TBM, yours doesn't fit with the gray rods that attach the X-ties like normal track. So I had to use Steel's.

#54 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

Looks great! how does it handle a car, haven't risked it yet? lol

#55 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

^Actually I have tryed using one car. I can't tell any difference in speed, but the chain dog doesn't latch on a lot of the time. Any suggestions? I think the problem is caused by the car not being fixed downward by the wheel configuration that K'nex designed.

#56 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

With as long as my lift is, I simply do not have enough gold pieces to do that. And I about have my lift to where it will work and where I like it. I've experimented with that style track guide before as I was trying to develop the chain guide on Kaibutsu. After all of that, I was never really impressed with using tubing, and I like damaster's much better.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#57 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

^Like I said, it doesn't look good, but for my purpose I need it. For your purpose my original design should be fine because it still works, and it looks bad ass.

#58 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:01 AM

For lifts your method is much more practical Master, but for launches it is not. There is simply too much friction. I think they both look nice.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#59 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

^^not in all cases it kills a lot of speed on the crest from the rubbing, i had to switch to tubing, but i might endup using both tubing and connector methods I really like the way it looks. but it simply is not going to work on a recreation.

Here's my crest. works quite nicely.

#60 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

Posting an update on my coaster right now.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300