• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

Ok, most of you are probably wondering " Where Is El Chupacabra?!?! "
El Chupacabra is going to be after this one. This is just going to be a warm up looper. Here are some pics:
overview 1:
Posted Image
overview 2:
Posted Image
crest:
Posted Image
Slightly banked pre-drop turn:
Posted Image
drop:
Posted Image

I will take out the grey rod that is on the bottom of the drop so that there will not be the sharp spot. I should have another update tomorrow or in a few hours if I have to fix something.
Next up: Immelmann

Comment!

#2 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:53 AM

Theres a weird thing in the middle of the pre drop turn in picture 4. I cant quite put a finger on it, but it just doesn't lok right to me. Just fix that.
Also, you spliced the tubing right on the crest. You could try to do it somewhere else.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

You tried to bank the middle of the pre-drop, correct? I think it would look better without it.

#4 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

I don't like the little banking on the pre-drop, it looks ugly. You should go for no banking or you should make your drop more B&M-ish.

Posted Image

#5 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

Can we get a direct top view of the turn to make sure it's circular?
The drop isn't steep enough.
But the supports look good!

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#6 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

I personally think it looks pretty good for the most part. I like the banking on the pre-drop, It reminds me of Wildfire, as does the whole coaster right now. The only problem I see is that there is a straight spot in the pullout about 2 1/2 granites off the ground. Fix that and you're good!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#7 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:35 PM

Theres a weird thing in the middle of the pre drop turn in picture 4. I cant quite put a finger on it, but it just doesn't lok right to me. Just fix that.
Also, you spliced the tubing right on the crest. You could try to do it somewhere else.

I took the track off and fixed it.

You tried to bank the middle of the pre-drop, correct? I think it would look better without it.

You are correct. I unbanked it.

I don't like the little banking on the pre-drop, it looks ugly. You should go for no banking or you should make your drop more B&M-ish.

Can we get a direct top view of the turn to make sure it's circular?
The drop isn't steep enough.
But the supports look good!

I think that the the drop is defiantly steep enough.

I personally think it looks pretty good for the most part. I like the banking on the pre-drop, It reminds me of Wildfire, as does the whole coaster right now. The only problem I see is that there is a straight spot in the pullout about 2 1/2 granites off the ground. Fix that and you're good!

Yes Yes! The coaster is inspired by Wildfire. I wish I found that coaster before Coaster55! When i took the track off and put it back on yesterday because I thought I was going to cancel it, the sharp spot was gone.

Update!!

Well, I got the Immelmann done and I think that it is way better than when I tried and failed 3 times on Propeller. I think that it actually came out pretty well. Here are some pics:

Overveiw:
Posted Image
Immelmann:
Posted Image
Cool POV:
Posted Image
Behind View:
Posted Image
And top view of the pre-drop turn for Cedars:
Posted Image

Next up: Zero-g-roll

Comment!

#8 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

I see the top of your immelmann is fully upside down, while it shouldn't. For the rest the immelmann looks awesome. Also, the top support of the immelman looks weak, it should have some laterals to the main support. :)

Posted Image

#9 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Firsr, like maarten said, the Immelmann shouuld be banked at the top. Second, the twist part is way stretched. Bring it to the left and down. Third, this would look way more like Wildfire if the pre-drop was banked like Coaster55's was. If you insist on keeping it though, there's a bump at the start of the turn. And a sharp spot where the drop begins. This may sound really picky, but you're at the point where you can easily fix all this...

Oh, and one thing you may notice is when you have that section of support over the top of the Immelmann, it's going to start bending down, Pretty sure it already is. Try to stablilize it and configure the supports to the track, not vice-versa.

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#10 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

I see the top of your immelmann is fully upside down, while it shouldn't. For the rest the immelmann looks awesome. Also, the top support of the immelman looks weak, it should have some laterals to the main support. :)

Ok, will do so! :)

Firsr, like maarten said, the Immelmann shouuld be banked at the top. Second, the twist part is way stretched. Bring it to the left and down. Third, this would look way more like Wildfire if the pre-drop was banked like Coaster55's was. If you insist on keeping it though, there's a bump at the start of the turn. And a sharp spot where the drop begins. This may sound really picky, but you're at the point where you can easily fix all this...

Oh, and one thing you may notice is when you have that section of support over the top of the Immelmann, it's going to start bending down, Pretty sure it already is. Try to stablilize it and configure the supports to the track, not vice-versa.

-OL659-

How am I being picky?!?! Everyone but, RCF919 said that it looked ugly with it banked so I unbanked it, I can rebank it if you have a problem.

#11 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

^ He didn't say you were picky. He said too himself that you were picky. He said the he is picky because you should change it bit because they can be easily change. Well it looks alright and listen to what everyone else has said.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#12 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

I was saying that I might've sounded picky with all the things I suggested to fix. I don't have a problem it's just a pre-drop, no big deal. Just giving my opinion, there are many others here. :)

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#13 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

I was saying that I might've sounded picky with all the things I suggested to fix. I don't have a problem it's just a pre-drop, no big deal. Just giving my opinion, there are many others here. :)

-OL659-

LOL, sorry... I read that with out my glasses on..

#14 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

Support the immelmann some more and also it looks like you're ending it a little too far away from the immelmann. As in it should be about a granite back.

Posted Image

#15 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

Well I think that I fixed the Immelmann, drop and pre drop turn. BTW I changed the name. Here are some pics:
Overview:
Posted Image
Drop:
Posted Image
Pre drop turn:
Posted Image
Immelmann:
Posted Image

Next up: loop

Comment!

#16 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

I think that it should be more circular like this.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

The top of the immelmann looks better now, but you just need to make the twist more steep. It should be around 10 degrees steeper, about a small silver/white rod back. The drop and half loop part of the immelmann look great though, nice job on those!

EDIT: Posted same time as ^.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#18 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

I think that it should be more circular like this.
Posted Image

Will do! thanks for the picture!

The top of the immelmann looks better now, but you just need to make the twist more steep. It should be around 10 degrees steeper, about a small silver/white rod back. The drop and half loop part of the immelmann look great though, nice job on those!

Thanks!

Anymore input?

#19 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

Do what Jumpge said and you're golden.
Also, why all the name-changes?

#20 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

Do what Jumpge said and you're golden.
Also, why all the name-changes?

Will do so! :)

Well I think that the Imnmelann is fine now. And is if it isn't them, I don't care cause I like it the way it is now! :) I have been working on the coaster and finished the loop. I don't think that the loop is perfect but it is ok. Here are some pics:
Overview 1:
Posted Image
Overview 2:
Posted Image
Back view:
Posted Image
Immelmann:
Posted Image
Loop:
Posted Image

Next up: Cobra roll

Comment!