How to start building SS coasters.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

Here is a list i have made to help people start building SS coasters.

1. You will need to buy at least 3 SS sets. You can find these on Ebay or from other members selling their knex.

2. You may need to buy some other knex parts depending if you have any other knex sets.

3. Build a small hyper coaster, about 6 granites or 5 granites tall. Nothing too complicated, just a few hills and some turnarounds.

4. Focus on making many connections to the track, a good support structure and having a smooth track.

5. Look at other great coasters on this site to give yourself inspiration and to look at how people with a lot of experience build.

6. Use Coaster55's guide to perfect cars. http://www.sscoaster....ect-cars-8203/

7. Look at real life coasters to give yourself inspiration on what your coasters elements should look like.

8. Before you make all of the connections from support to track, shape your track. This means, put some cross ties on a few rods and connect the tubing. Then with you hand shape the track into the desiered shape. Then make supports that go accordingly.

9. Build with boxes. I recommend this because they are MUCH easier to start off with.

10. Every one of your boxes should be a yellow/granite by a yellow/granite. this is the basic base rod.

Hope this helps some beginners.
Also guys feel free to add your own tips to the list or elaborate on any of mine.

Blackkity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 colintaylor

colintaylor

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

this is helping a lot...Thanks

#3 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

if you have less than 3 sets build even smaller

dont worry if its not perfect ( i tend to eat myself up because i think my designs and final products are bad or need to be improved). be proud of what you build.

also advance at your own pace

• niicktam likes this