Coaster Type 4th Dimensional Coaster
Height 6'
# of Inversions 2
# of Vehicles 7
Construction Construction Thread

Photos Photos
X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain Recreation
Video

Description It's taken nearly 2.5 years of work to get to this point. The final video for my K'nex X2 recreation is out! With work on this coaster itself completed last week, this final video is the grand finale of this project which was started in November 2018. X2, or as it was known much earlier in its life, X, was the coaster that got me into being such a huge coaster nerd. An early 2000s documentary featured this behemoth of a coaster and got me super intrigued into the world of coasters. That was the source of inspiration for this project. I did not get to experience X2 until May of 2019 despite starting the project in 2018. My rides on X2 made it not only my favorite coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain, but my #1 coaster overall. That experience gave me the much needed motivation to finish this project. This recreation stands just slighly over 6' tall and has nearly 100' of track. It features one 7 car train with custom rotating gondolas. While i could not recreate the controlled spin caused by the 4th rail on existing 4th dimension coasters, the free spinning nature of these gondolas still get the job done. Despite the large and heavy trains, there have been no major speed issues throughout this entire project. Speed loss was considerably less than expected, so no boosters or scaled down elements were required.

I have been building large scale custom K'nex roller coasters since early 2012. My K'nex X2 recreation is the largest project i have ever completed. To say it used up most of my pieces is a *huge* understatement. In fact, the only pieces I have left are either broken connectors or a few assorted rods. I would estimate the total value of pieces used in this project is around $1000 to $2000. Though, I don't have a way to know for sure since not all pieces were acquired by complete sets.

Comments 2 Comments
Photo
PhantomCoasters
This is amazing! How’d you get the trains to lose so little speed?
  • Apr 27 2020 10:55 PM
Photo
JayketheKid

This is amazing! How’d you get the trains to lose so little speed?

In short, I have no idea. I did the usual tricks such as weighting and lubricating the train. But i do think the cross-tie spacing in the high force sections of the ride did help some too.

• May 03 2020 12:11 PM

Builder Built by JayketheKid

• FrIeDeGgS, thegamingninja and larondefanboy like this
x2 recreation arrow arrowdynamics

More ModelsSimilar Models