compare jumpge track

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Well, I'm starting a new coaster under the wing of SteelwayInventions and its a recre of Montezooma's Revenge at Knotts Berry Farm. I dont have any pics of it right now but the private album password is...

"cheese"

Remember that for the album. The spike will probably be 6 feet or so but will be an awesome recre.

Let me rephrase this. Kannon is not canceled but this is being constructed while I'm making Kannon. The loop is being made now so after the loop is made and Kannon is done, i will start full time construction. That's the scoop.

Posted Image

#2 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

So.... Is Kannon cancelled?

#3 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

Hey guys! I have news about golden loop. The golden loop is mad e but the tacking is not complete. I think that the track shaping i have is horrible. I will fix that in the meantime but here's what i have so far. I also added a base to the loop and here will be one on the whole ride FYI.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

So now what do you think of the loop and pullout?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And actually reply on this one please.

Posted Image

#5 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

Looks awesome! But, please, you have to finish this one...

Posted Image

#6 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

Yes, I beg you to at least finish this one (after Kannon of course). I see a few bumps but you can remove those once you add tubing.

#7 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

^Yeah. Those will be fixed when i add tubing so right now this s like a first draft. Well, sadly you don't get to see any other updates of this coaster until Kannon is out of the way. I will use the launch for this and salvage the pull-in and pullout on the tophat for the spikes. As for the brakes, i was thinking of making some sort of brake mech that will allow the launch to launch properly with the right amount of speed, come back and loose a little speed, and then come in the station and stop. I was thinking of using the brakes that were going to be used on Possessed (steel's attempt at a shuttle loop) or RCF's brakes on Ion. Will need help with that but otherwise, no update for a while. Sorry...

Posted Image

#8 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

So now that Kannon is almost complete and the final is on its way, i think that i can announce that Golden Loop will be under construction in the next week or so! YAY! So i think i will do the tack work on the ride before i build the launch mechanism. The launch from Kannon will be salvaged and made longer to fit Golden Loop's train and realism of the long launch. So construction will probably start Saturday or Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Posted Image

#9 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

I think construction will start either today or tomorrow! YAY! I will build the spikes first and then have some launch thing. I think this will be an easy coaster o build except the launch part. So about the launch, how do you guys think i should make it so the coaster will catch the catch car to launch forwards, and then miss the catch going backwards? I was thinking some sort of weight launch, but that would have to go into the ground for the weights to drop, unless i dig a hole in my concrete basement! IDEA! No, not really... so steel and RWT, I'm going to need your help with this launch, and i mean a lot of help making this ride automated. Please help me out,

Jumpge

P.S.! I'm getting a new camera that shoots in HD! No more bad, blurry video's! YAY!

Please comment and help me out!

Posted Image

#10 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

OK,

As of now this is a model construction forum for this coaster. So please, please, please comment on this coaster as much as possible and as fast as possible. Just use this a a model forum for now...

UPDATE!

I just recently built the spike and everything is great! Pics!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A Test for speed

The speed right now from the top is very fast and on the real ride it doesn't make it all the way to the top but about 4/5th's of the way up the spike. That speed will work out a lot better and a lot more realistic. I can see that the ride is shaky, but i have no tape holding it down and i will also add lateral supports. As for the spike, i think i will add another support column for extra support.

Comments are appreciated!

Posted Image

#11 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

Nice loop, looks really clean!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:10 PM

Kudo's for that loop. Looking very swell.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#13 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

The loop looks great, but something ablout the pullin/out of the spike is bothering me. I'm not quite sure what it is but I'll let you know if I ever figure out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

I agree with Max & Gump. The question is: how fast does it need to go through the loop forward to make it through backward?

#15 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

Well steel, i have a test video for you and the trackwork is done all in one night! WOW! Pics and some tests.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And now for the test from the top of the spike,

And the test with me pushing it through the loop at a reasonable speed...

I have an idea about the spike, i think if i put pledge on the launch and both spikes, it would make it through with more speed and using less effort from the launch. I also think re-lubing would help too. But what about the launch? And the brakes after the second spike? More concerned about the launch right now so how will i do this? I was thinking of using something like steel's Invertigo lift, but i want this to be a cable launch and i have never had a good experience with a drill launch. So much snapping and slow speed. Any idea's?

Comment!

Posted Image

#16 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

HEY! Comment a lot more please!

So i saw his idea on the "shuttle loop" thread and was thinning i should use it. Do you think so? I directly PMed the guy asking if i could use this idea and i haven't got a response back. But do you think i should? It is directly from the company...

PKI: Umm, that's not an idea, that's the real design of the actual rides. I doubt you are going to get a response.

And you are aware this is still in the Steelway subforum and not the full public construction forum, right?

Posted Image

#17 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

Are you referring to the weight-drop system?
It doesn't matter what propulsion you use; you're still going to have to figure out how to get the train backwards over the launch.

#18 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

So not much has happened to the ride since I have to get a ton of school work done this week. (revisions and re-tests before the quarter is over!) UGH! So i tried using steel's attempted lift on steel force modified to fit the launch and steel, your right... it was an epic failure! The cables kept coming off the wheel and the string kept getting tangled when it came off and took hours to get back to normal. So now i have a new mechanism. But first! PICS!

Posted Image
fixed dip
Posted Image
this three pound weight...
Posted Image
is lifted by this wheel...
Posted Image
and the car is pulled forward but these things with string attached(steels lift modified and better)
Posted Image
and that 3lb weight, v.s. a 1lb car...
Posted Image

So now the launch will be hooked up with a new and improved launch system. Hopefully with a test video with my awesome new camera that i bought! I bought a JVC Everio HD camera the other day online and just got it in the mail! YAY! It shoots in amazing HD like your watching TV! Now my video's won't look so horrible! I wanted to get a test up with me pushing it, but the camera wouldn't upload properly and i wanted a test with the actual speed of the weight drop. So hopefully soon. But the camera also has 20x optical zoom! Its amazing and keeps it's great quality! YAY!

Just comment to your heart's content!

Posted Image

#19 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

All the shaping looks good, and the launch will be nice... I want a test video.

#20 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

I told you it was an epic fail! ;) Good luck with your 'improved' system though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: compare, jumpge, track