canucks! discussion nhl official thread

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

Yes, I know I am one of the few who lives and breathes hockey here, but I'm sure a few of you have a general interest in the sport.

Seasons off to an awesome start.

Surprises
Leafs Undefeated?

Non surprises
The sedin Twins, Ovechkin and Hossa all have over 7 points already.

Suspensions
Shane Doan Suspended 3 games for his hit on Dan Sexton.
Niklas Hjalmarsson suspended two games (should have been more) for his hit on Jason Pomminville.
James Wisniewski suspended 2 games for an "Obscene gesture" towards Sean Avery.

Who has the best chance this year out of the West? The East? Who will win the Scoring race? Will Hank repeat, or is Ovechkin destined for the top?

Discuss

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#2 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

I used to be real big on the Hurricans. Back when they didn't suck. I'll prpbably get back into it this year with all the fresh players. But recently i've been branching out and watching other games and teams. I've grown to love the sport more then the teams........ just my opinion.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#3 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

My season started a bit frusterating with the Ducks starting 0-3-0 with only 2 goals while allowing 13. But since then it has been a 2-0-1 run, so it's much better.

Any one think John Taveres will have a sophomore breakout year like Stamkos did last year? And will Stamkos cleanly beat out Ovechkin and Sid in goals this year?

Coaster105, what do you think about the possibility of Daniel staying fully healthy and wins the Richard Trophy as he thrives on Henrik's passing (esp if he puts up the same numbers)

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#4 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

If you guys know the devils, i met patrick elias once at a crepe store. I'm no hockey fan, but this was a trip with my french class and my canadian hockey playing teached flipped out like went crazy and talked to him for like 45 min. But he seemed cool. thats all i have to say about hockey...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:29 PM

Huge Montreal Canadians fan here!! I also know the NHL and the players very well.

Here's some facts about me...
Fav. Team : Montreal
Second fav. team : Ducks (they suck, I know)
Fav. player : Crosby, Getzlaf and Patrick Kane
Worst team : Detroit Red Wings (I hate them)

James Wisniewski is so funny but I think that a 2 games suspension is too much.

Stamkos will lead with over 50 goals.
Ovechkin will lead with over 110 points.
Thornton will lead with over 70 assists.

West leaders : Vancouver
East leaders : Capitals

Posted Image

#6 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

My season started a bit frusterating with the Ducks starting 0-3-0 with only 2 goals while allowing 13. But since then it has been a 2-0-1 run, so it's much better.

Any one think John Taveres will have a sophomore breakout year like Stamkos did last year? And will Stamkos cleanly beat out Ovechkin and Sid in goals this year?

Coaster105, what do you think about the possibility of Daniel staying fully healthy and wins the Richard Trophy as he thrives on Henrik's passing (esp if he puts up the same numbers)

Yeah, The ducks beat us pretty badly the other day.
IMO, if Daniel had stayed healthy last year, he would have finished 1,2 with Henrik. He actually had a higher points per game average then Hank. It would have been amazing if he stayed healthy. They are both of to great starts, 7 points each, but I'm not sure if they will be able to hold off ovechkin this year.

Stamkos will lead with over 50 goals.
Ovechkin will lead with over 110 points.
Thornton will lead with over 70 assists.

I agree with this Except the assists. Henrik Sedin Is a much better set up man then Thorton. He will definitely have more assists, if he stays healthy.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#7 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

And now no teams are undefeated. Both Toronto and Dallas just lost.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#8 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:02 PM

As far as Tavares, if he gets better at skating, he'll be amazing. At least, I sure hope so. Islanders are off to an OK start at 3-1-2, but they still have time to blow it spectacularly.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#9 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

Tavares is a pretty decent player. He will only get better, though I don't know if this will be the year. He still seems a little inexperienced to me.

Call of the parade route! Toronto lost!

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#10 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

Double post oops.

This happened last night. Ripien doesn't help the canucks at all.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#11 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

That was so funny. The fan was just claping, and your player attacked. Did he end up getting suspended?

And in that video, 53 seconds. The ref punches are player. Lol

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#12 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:21 PM

Canucks' Rypien suspended pending a hearing - NHL.com - News

Vancouver Canucks forward Rick Rypien has been suspended, pending a hearing, as a result of becoming involved in an altercation with a fan during NHL Game #76 last night in Minnesota. The incident took place at 13:38 of the second period. The League will have no comment until the matter has been resolved.

SSCoasters Staff

#13 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

It'll be a least 5 games. The fan did nothing, just clapped.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#14 ~G3n3rOo2256~

~G3n3rOo2256~

the knex kid

• 1263 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

How do you think the Bruins will do this year? They got some good players, Like Seguin, Caron, Horton. 3-1 so far.

Posted Image
^^^Thanks Spitfire!^^^
[SS Inverted Launched] Triton:http://www.sscoaster...d-launch-10703/

#15 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:00 PM

Well, Rypien got a 6 game suspension. About right IMO.

How bout Stamkos way in front with 14 points (8 goals and 6 assists). I could definitely see him being a contender for the Art Ross and Rocket Richard this year.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#16 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

Is Brent Johnson first goaler for the Penguins?

Posted Image

#17 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

^It seems to be that way. I'm not quite sure what happened to fleury, but Johnson seems to be doing well.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#18 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

Here's what I did today... GO HABS GO!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

^ha, free time + art major.
Ya, im here to represent the Pens. I've visited the new Consol Energy Center and it is AWESOME!... Fleury just sucks thats why hes not in, but they seem to be doing very well with or without him.
I haven't been in tune with the standings so far, but I think it'll the pens vs. the red wings in the final this year. We had an exhibition game vs them and we won 6-1. We're still a bit fresh from the cup run, but I dont know how long we'll have to wait for the second one to come to Pittsburgh.

BTW, Has anyone heard the NHL theme song? it SUCKS!!!! It has absolutely NOTHING to do with hockey!!! SO WHY?!?!?!? I think it's stupid... Use Metallica or Rage, not some pop star who's going to be gone in 2 years.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#20 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

^ the Theme song for what channel? CBC's hockey night in Canada theme song rocks. I love it lol.

Really weird schedule for the canucks lately. The play 1 game in 9 days.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canucks!, discussion, nhl, official, thread