Sexual Preference

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:30 PM

It's very controversial, follows gay marriage, rights, and even the ability to raise children. What are your opinions on the matter?

Like a previous thread I wrote, I'll give me opinion on the matter. I'm personally bisexual, and have been for quite some time now, since I was 11. It's not a hard thing to miss, and many people claim that it's not an emotion, but a decision. However, if you're not bisexual/gay, I wouldn't suggest giving your insight on that, because only those who sincerely are can tell you otherwise. Granted, there are people in our generation who fake their sexual preference to be a conformist, to gather attention from their preferred group, so the stereotype on homosexuality/bisexuality has unfortunately turn negative, but I've willingly fought against it. I raise this topic because I'm planning on telling my parents this weekend.

Feel free to give your thoughts and feedback on the matter, whether with or against. It's okay to debate, but keep a cool head, don't fight, and most of all, don't be a conformist. That's the thing that angers me the most, when people change to fit in.

-Kyle

STAFF MESSAGE:
Any hatred towards anyone's personal choices will not be tollerated. We are a friendly forum where there's a place for everyone but the ones causing comotion or deliberatly spreading hate or anger upon others. Any hatred of any kind, this includes relgious motivations, is not welcome and will result in a ban of an undetermined lenght.

Edited by Maxlaam, 11 December 2014 - 07:52 AM.

(cop) SSCoasters Staff (cop)
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Posted Image
Maverick | Millennium Force | Ravine Flyer II | Top Thrill Dragster | Kumba

#2 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:01 AM

I knew that you loved me, Kyle!

I think that everyone is free to choose who he/she loves, be it a person of any gender. There are a lot of people who are disgusted by men being intimate in public, but hey, isn't that the same with heterosexuals? When people are trying to reach the back of another person's tongue in public, I'm not really tempted to have a good look at that. This counts for hetero- and homosexuals. No difference.
Both have the same rights and people should all be aware of that and respect that. It is like the freedom of speech and like the differences in taste people have. These should be respected.
Now we're talking about bi/homosexuals, I think that all (or at least many) these so-called gay events are unnecessary. Lately it was announced that next year there will be a dedicated 'gay day' in my hometown park. The park does not celebrate Halloween or any other special day, but suddenly they want to introduce a 'gay day', completely out of the blue. Days like these have the prejudice that it's all pink and purple, drag queens and stuff like that. Now if this is true, the park won't really be a family park that day, which would be a bad thing. If it isn't true, there are sure to be some people who DO think there will be pink and purple all over and they will probably decide (if if were to be families with kids) to cancel their trip. On the other hand, I can imagine there are a lot of bi/homosexual people who are completely against this kind of events. The media love the events, as they are extravagant, but there must be a lot of bi/homosexual people who do not like the prejudice that is being established by these events. That is why I think these events should be narrowed down. Normally I do not really mind, but now it is going to happen at my hometown park and I thought I'd state my opinion.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#3 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

I would only go into a Male-Female relations ship myself though I am not afraid to state that I'm not 100% straight.

I'm perfectly okay seeing gay couples or lesbian couples. However I am annoyed by the fact that the some gay couples need to let everybody know they are gay. That is what bothers me. Everything would be perfectly fine if they wouldn't make so much hassle about it themselves.

The fact that de Efteling organizes a Gay Day also bothers me. The park is supposed to be child friendly, their policy for many years. Now all of a sudden they want to confront those little kids with things that might not be good for them to see?

Bad move if you ask me.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

The fact that de Efteling organizes a Gay Day also bothers me. The park is supposed to be child friendly, their policy for many years. Now all of a sudden they want to confront those little kids with things that might not be good for them to see?

Bad move if you ask me.

I think you're holding gays to a double standard. They shouldn't be viewed more as adult behavior than any heterosexual couples. Of course, I don't know what goes on at Gay Day so I don't know if there is more sexual imagery at the park. I will admit I find overly flamboyancy annoying also, but I see no problem letting people be themselves.

Spitfire, I honestly thought you hated homosexuality.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#5 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:09 AM

LOL, Gump. Think you've got the wrong idea. Sorry to sink your boat. :lolo

I don't exactly have enough experience/insight to look into the events. The only experience I have is when I worked at my local amusement park, Lagoon, they had a gay day, and truthfully, I saw gay couples no more outstanding than heterosexual couples. It should typically just be free will. All the park's doing is showing their support and giving them recognition.

Posted Image

#6 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

LOL, Gump. Think you've got the wrong idea. Sorry to sink your boat. :lolo

I don't exactly have enough experience/insight to look into the events. The only experience I have is when I worked at my local amusement park, Lagoon, they had a gay day, and truthfully, I saw gay couples no more outstanding than heterosexual couples. It should typically just be free will. All the park's doing is showing their support and giving them recognition.

I disagree.
I'm pretty sure that Lagoon made a lot of money that day.
That are the reasons why I'm no big fan of those things.
Efteling's "gay-day" is pretty much against the whole family-park thing, but yeah, its their choise.

I'm totally not against gay people though, it's totally fine to me.
They are the same as us, and should be threated that way.
Good for you spitty, as long as you stay honest to yourself, you will be fine.

-Bart.
(Also, I hope I haven't offended any of you guys?)

#7 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:26 AM

I grew up with a gay older brother. I've gone to 'gay-bars' to have some drinks with him (one bartender thought I was cute and gave me free drinks). I've lived with several gay roommates. And I've even gone to a gay Mardi Gras parade (it's because of him that I've become fond of techno music) Hardcore UK FTW!!... Anyway, I used to get a lot of crap about it in high school... But high school is supposed to suck.

As I became an adult, it never really bothered me much. This one time, I showed him a pretty hot video I found just to see what his reaction would be (he didn't like it). My brother insists that it's not a choice, it's in your genes. And yes, Spitfire, he's mentioned that some people do 'fake it' for attention, and he hates that, too.

I'll never forget what he told me one day, that really made me think...
It's a lot like the movie Fight Club. They're everywhere. They're people you'd never expect. They cook your food, they clean your cars, they guard your shopping malls. Cops, soldiers, construction workers, body builders, etc. They may not fit the 'manly stereotype' of modern society, but they are men nonetheless. Do not f*** with them.

#8 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

I think it only goes about love if you feel love with a guy then you need to go with that guy if you feel the same with a girl you should go with a girl. So it doesn't intrests me if you are gay are bisexual i think im just straight mayby a little bit bisexual but not much.

Posted Image

#9 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

I think it only goes about love if you feel love with a guy then you need to go with that guy if you feel the same with a girl you should go with a girl. So it doesn't intrests me if you are gay are bisexual i think im just straight mayby a little bit bisexual but not much.

Err, yeah. Just make sure that love is mutual, or it could be a degree of rape.

Not that Gump would mind... :lolo

Posted Image

#10 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

My opinion in gay marriage doesn't bother me at all. I myself have had a lot of friends who were gay and ended up with each-other. I believe that guy's/girl's have the right to choose who the love. I'm a little bisexual.

#11 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Kinsey scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm a 2 by it's standards.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#12 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

Im Straight. But I do belive that it is a person's own choice.

Posted Image

#13 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

I'm straight.

My thoughts when it comes to homosexuality are very simple, "I truly just don't understand"... and I am perfectly fine with that. It's not like I'm thinking that they are weird or anything, I just feel that they are in areas that my mind can't process, therefore I do not judge or even try to understand how or why they are there.

It's kind of like when you have a tragedy in your life and someone comes up to you and trys to calm you down by saying "It's okay, I understand" when you know that they truly do not.

Hopefully that made some sense.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#14 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

It's kind of like when you have a tragedy in your life and someone comes up to you and trys to calm you down by saying "It's okay, I understand" when you know that they truly do not.

I remember reading somewhere that one of the worst thing you can say when someone's dealing with post-traumatic stress is to say that you know how they feel/you understand, because you most likely don't. I've tried to keep that in mind ever since. So, contradicting myself, I do understand. XD Like I said in the first post, there's just not a way to describe bisexuality unless you actually are, and if you aren't, you can only give a perspective.

Posted Image

#15 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

My school was appently on the news because alot of kids made straight pride shirts. Personaly i'm Catholic and think marriage should be between a man and a women. And that gays shouldn't be be able to adopt kids because i think it would destory the child to have gay parents. Tha just my views. As i long as i dont see it i really dont care. I also dont like people who pretend to be gay just to get some laughs.

#16 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

I have no problem with gay people. I know a few and I can say that they are very nice people, sometimes nicer than straight people. I don't see why society today sees it as wrong to be homosexual.

The media has really made life difficult for homosexuals. All we hear about is anti-gay ideas and things in society and the media promotes it. We all hear the 'Christians' saying that if you're gay, you're a sinner and you're going to burn in hell, but they're wrong. God never said that it's a sin to be gay. He may have said that marriage should be between a man and a woman, but that doesn't mean that guys can't love other guys. Homosexuals can't help being gay, so there's nothing wrong with it.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#17 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

Cristians have heard love thy neighbor. Not literally, but i can apply here sort of.

Posted Image

#18 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:37 AM

My school was appently on the news because alot of kids made straight pride shirts. Personaly i'm Catholic and think marriage should be between a man and a women. And that gays shouldn't be be able to adopt kids because i think it would destory the child to have gay parents. Tha just my views. As i long as i dont see it i really dont care. I also dont like people who pretend to be gay just to get some laughs.

Yes, but from a homosexual's view, that could/is interpereted ascondemnment I understand where your coming from for the child part, but i truly do believe that two guys or two gals should have the right to marry by the constitution, article 14(?) to be specific. We were actually discussing this in my school about the 14th(?) amendment rights with African Americans voting and women voting. He's saying that now's the time for the gays to get their rights. This doesn't mean the end of discrimination, but it will eventually lead to a brighter future to the homosexual community.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#19 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

Everyone is a bit bi-curious at sometime in their life, so it would be hypocritical to not accept homosexuality. I personally have no problem with it.

#20 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

Sexuality is one of many basic human traits that everyone possesses. The only reason any aspect of it gets challenged is because people are afraid of this "new" aspect.

That said, I am personally heterosexual, but I know people who are LGBT, and I have no problem with them being that way. I don't believe it's a sin, or a crime, or obscene to have a different sexuality from someone else. They aren't to blame for it; it's society's fault.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.