Sexual Preference

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

i am having major trouble on how to come out of the closet to my parents..

#22 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

I'm straight, but I have no problem with gay marriage. I think a person has the right to be with anyone they want to be with.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#23 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Spitty, have any tips for Sonic?

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#24 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:29 PM

I would only go into a Male-Female relations ship myself.

I am annoyed by the fact that the some gay couples need to let everybody know they are gay. That is what bothers me. Everything would be perfectly fine if they wouldn't make so much hassle about it themselves.

The fact that de Efteling organizes a Gay Day also bothers me. The park is supposed to be child friendly, their policy for many years. Now all of a sudden they want to confront those little kids with things that might not be good for them to see?

Bad move if you ask me.

Thanks Max. You already wrote down my opinion. :) (Just changed it a tiny bit)

Posted Image

#25 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

I'm straight.
I have had a lot of trouble with this issue as on how I stand. I'm not against homosexuals however I do not agree with there choices. Being that I am a Christian and the Bible says "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13) it is hard for me to take a side. I do believe that God loves everybody and so should I so I try not to judge others but in reality I do believe it is a sin and that being a homosexual you face many temptations and struggles as everyone does but I believe they should try to fight thoughs temptations as I still do believe it is a sin. God created us to meat a women and to leave are parents for that women and by having sex to bring us together as one flesh. Being a homosexual you can't really do that as it wasn't meant to be. It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. Now that's looking at it as strictly a religious stand point which I'm sure some of you completely either don't believe or don't want to believe for what ever reasons. Like I said earlier I don't know where I stand I know a decent amount of homosexual/bisexual people and although I don't agree with their choices I don't ignore them and in some cases I might be one of there only friends. I don't know where I stand on gay marriage I've never been gay and don't plan on ever being gay cause what can I say I like women :) So I don't know what it's like. As much as I would love to say that everyone should be able to make their own choices on this matter I still think it is a sin and I don't agree with it. Please don't hate me if I offended you or you don't agree. We all still love roller coasters. :D

Posted Image

#26 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

I am 100% straight. I don't care what you like if it's a guy or a girl, and I don't think the government should have any say on who you can or can't get married to. That said "gay rights" is what makes me mad... I'm not gonna treat you any different just because you are gay (same with other "rights" groups like race, gender, etc.). Your a human being and everyone is born equal, we should all be treated equal.

As for the religious issue, I personally think that men and women are naturally meant to be together but medically speaking, yes problems happen and people can be born homosexual or bisexual just like anything else. But like I said don't expect people to give you special privileges because of it.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#27 Jester1960

Jester1960

Construction Foreman

• 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

WOW, I just noticed how this thing has become the HOT TOPIC of discussion. so many opinions , Gay Straight or Middle of the road.

understand all of these are opinions & should not be taken offensively.

I am 51 years old, & I am Gay. You would not be able to pick me out in a crowd as gay. I lived through 20 years of Hell Marriage to my wife Barbara (arguing almost every day), because the world told me that Man & woman crap is the only way to live. After Barb passed away, I was lucky to meet a man, and have lived in peaceful bliss since.

to answer some "opinions"

those who say " I just don't understand it"
What is to understand? Your straight, I'm gay, so What , nothing else matters.

to those who say "Being gay is a choice"
tell me , when did you decide to be straight?
Being gay is not a choice, but being open & honest about it, IS.

to those who have a problem now that they know I'm gay
feel free to pretend that I'm straight, the love for coasters & K'nex has nothing to do with sexuality anyway

(to anyone who wants to discuss sex, if your under 18 talk to someone else. I am not a pedophile & will not discuss the subject.)

with all that being said, everyone have a great day & keep on coastering
Jim

EDIT^OMG Lazor no one wants to be special. Gay rights is to bring equality.
Bob & I cannot marry that is not equallity
I cannot cover Bob on my insurance as a spouse that is not equality
Bob & I cannot file joint tax returns (& save money) that is not equality
we only ask for equal marriage benefits that every other couple can get

get it now.

Jester1960

#28 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

I'm mostly atheist, and scientifically, I understand that your sexual preference is something you are born with. It's not a choice to be gay or straight. Based off that, I don't have a problem with homosexuals or homosexual marriages, and I believe there should be equality. Obviously, there is a social norm for acceptance of any case of public displays of affection; I'm just as disgusted seeing a normal couple making out in the open the same as if it were a gay couple. But what you choose to do with it, in your personal life, is not for me to judge.

Also, anybody have any tips for Sonic about coming out of the closet to his parents? Jester?

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#29 Jester1960

Jester1960

Construction Foreman

• 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

TO SONIC:

some of this may sound dumb, but I think it helped me

tip #1 on coming out
take your time, there is no hurry, do this when YOU are ready.
start with the hate words. make a list of all the nasty things people say about homosexuals (Faggot, C S & so on). when your alone, just say these words out loud until they are just words & nothing more. then use the list to create your responses. write down what you would say if you were called each those words. keep your answers low key & nonaggressive.
after you have finished & feel comfortable move on to tip 2

Tip # 2
Don't come out to your parents first. Choose a trusted friend, & have a confidential conversation with them. Let them know that this is your secret, and they are not to spread it around. NEVER BE ASHAMED, your only choice in this matter was being honest. Most will be ok with it. & some will even be honored that you trusted them to be the first to know. you will then be able to unload all the feelings that you have had bottled up( this feels sooooo good). then tell another trusted friend, it gets easier every time. when you are comfortable, Choose 1 parent to come out to (no need to be double teamed on this) again. don't be ashamed & never say " I'm sorry,but....."

Jester1960

#30 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

Not with him just saying he wants to come out to his parents, no. There needs to be more background, every case is different. If you grew up in a more liberal household, it might not even be that big of a deal*, but it could be disastrous if not done extremely carefully in a more conservative family.

*for the parents. It is still a huge deal for anyone coming out.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#31 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

does anyone who IS gay having any coming out tips?

#32 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

^ Jester just said he's gay a few posts ago.

SSCoasters Staff

#33 Jester1960

Jester1960

Construction Foreman

• 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

in answer to the Gay Days at amusement parks.

Most gay men have more expendable income than Straight ( we don't have to wine & dine the girls, most have no children). So the amusement parks have Gay days to bring in that extra money. Regardless of how they feel about this issue.

during gay days, most are respectful of others in the park, you'll see more straight people making out on the park benches than gay.

Jester1960

#34 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

^ you mean they have days where gays have a special day at amusement parks???

#35 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

thanks for all of the tips jester

#36 Jester1960

Jester1960

Construction Foreman

• 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

i do have a "significant other' and we hang out a lot. his parents know that he is gay but when he told his parents about that fact that we r dating, his dad said that i am never allowed in their house again.

OK that sounds Mean, But I will understand his dad. You are 14, that is a bit young, & letting you come over is like approving of the 2 of you having sex under his roof. give it time.

Jester1960

#37 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

I feel mislead by the title... ^_^

I was bi a few months back, but I never really thought much of it and I'm currently as straight as an inline roll.

#38 Jester1960

Jester1960

Construction Foreman

• 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

Most of the users on this website are under 18. to see all these young ones LABEL themselves as gay or straight........STOP. When I was your age i was aroused if the wind blew, that doesn't make me in love with the wind. Being young, you should just enjoy the exploring part of sexuality (figuring out who you are & what you enjoy). You will have plenty of time later in life to apply your LABEL.

Jester1960

#39 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Wow... Jimmy has been giving me that speech for about... 4 months?

I know I shouldn't label, but I know I'm gay. I have only came out to a few people, and not my parents.

YES, I JUST CAME OUT!

My best friend knows and so does my ex-grilfriend, but thats just about it, I have confided in some others on the internet for help, and the most helpful was Jimmy, he is like an uncle to me, and I SWEAR HE ISNT A PEDOPHILE!

My mom is a complete Homophobe, my dad is opposite, I plan on telling him soon, but my mom... not for a while...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#40 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

jester1960,
thanks again for the tips. i am thinking about coming out to my parents before may 2012