Sexual Preference

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#61 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

So if gay-people don't care about themselves being gay, why then even make a gay-day!?

One word: money.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#62 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

How do you know it isn't an LGBT group organizing an event through/with the park? Not that the park isn't profiting from it, but perhaps they are just agreeing with an outside organizer?

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#63 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

One word: money.

That's probably the correct answer.

Posted Image

#64 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

EDIT^OMG Lazor no one wants to be special. Gay rights is to bring equality.
Bob & I cannot marry that is not equallity
I cannot cover Bob on my insurance as a spouse that is not equality
Bob & I cannot file joint tax returns (& save money) that is not equality
we only ask for equal marriage benefits that every other couple can get

Understood, maybe what I said came off wrong. "Gay rights" there is nothing wrong with, you are not treated equally and you should be. What pisses me off is the people who (again not just gay, but with race, gender, etc too) want special or extra treatment. Like I said we are all humans we should all be treated equal no matter what.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#65 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

You all are going to hate me for this, but I feel like I have to post this. Please don't let this make you think lower of me as a person because of my beliefs and opinions.

I am very anti-gay. Being a christian I believe in traditional marriage and I think legalizing gay marriage would kill the definition of marriage that has been around since the beginning of time. In fact, the term "traditional marriage" should not have to be used. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Now all these gay people are trying to get us to be sympathetic, but using the term "equality" implies that you feel the same way as blacks did just a couple decades ago. Now I'm not black or gay, but did gay people get lynched? Are you going to get judged on first sight because you are gay? No. Like Jester said, you would not be able to pick him out from a crowd as gay. Black people never had to "come out." I'm sure there are plenty of gay people who have dealt with it for millennia before you guys, you can deal with it.

I know you guys are mad at my post, and you'll probably find a million things wrong with my argument. Okay, so I'm not the most informed person on the subject. I'm not changing my views.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#66 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

^ i respect your views, but please please don't make fun of anyone for being gay. don't even say anything t oyou. if they say something to you PERSONALLY then go t town on them with all your beliefs and traditional marriage shit and what not but don't say anything to them personally. it really hurts. and the bible never said anything about the gays c:

#67 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

I hope everybody reading this thread who is straight knows that we have NO control. It is not a choice. I have tried so many times to "force" myself to be attracted to women because I knew that if I was gay, my life would be hell because of ignorant straights. I tried to find out what men find in women (when I had already knew what I found attractive in men) but I thought that everything revolved around the face. I then found, during a class discussion, that straight men like boobs. I know this is kinda too open, but whatever. I know that god loves me no matter what. He made me this way. I will NEVER change. It saddens me that people would hate the fact that I'm gay when I have less control over it than my damn skin color. IT IS NOT A CHOICE! I DO NOT WANT TO BE GAY! I WISH I WAS STRAIGHT, BUT I HAVE NO CONTROL!

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#68 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

marriage is more a legal status more than it is a religious rite (doubt that, check out divorce. Ending a marriage is a big legal happening, just as getting married is). Many many many people get married outside of churches (i was married by a justice of the peace, divorced in a courtroom).

If your religion is anti-gay then don't let gay people get married in your churches. Gay people do not want to be married in bigoted churches, you are safe. Gay people should be granted the same legal rights under the laws of this country. Period.

This country was founded on the ideas of religious freedom, including not believing in any religion, and more importantly on the separation of church and state.

What is being debated is law, not religion. Believe what you want but don't try to force your beliefs on others.

Everyone should be treated equally.

Personally, I think they should just remove the words married, marriage and all derivatives of it from all laws and policies and just provide rights to people who enter into legally binding partnerships. Let the churches use the term all they want but separate it from the law.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#69 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

^ i respect your views, but please please don't make fun of anyone for being gay. don't even say anything t oyou. if they say something to you PERSONALLY then go t town on them with all your beliefs and traditional marriage shit and what not but don't say anything to them personally. it really hurts. and the bible never said anything about the gays c:

Leviticus 20:13
"And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

HOWEVER it doesnt say anything about women laying with womenkind (thumbsup)

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#70 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

I don't hate any of you guys for being gay. I can respect that you don't have a choice in the matter. Some of the nicest and most respectably people I know are gay. I would never say anything personally to their face about how stupid they are for being gay. It's the overall concept and politics of it that I don't like, not any individual. Everyone on this site especially is great and by nature of the hobby I actually expected quite a few gays on here.

And btw I'm pretty sure it does mention homosexual behavior as a sin in the bible. (Note BEHAVIOR not orientation, frankly put: gay sex is the sin). I would find you a reference but I don't have time, maybe later. Again I'm not 100% positive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#71 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Honestly, I think we have bigger problems in this world than if two members of the same sex want to be legally married, which is drastically different than a religious marriage. You know global economic melt down, ecological distastes. It be great if we could just legalize it and get on to more important issues. Basically it doesn't effect me, so I don't really care or see it as a big deal.

#72 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

Now all these gay people are trying to get us to be sympathetic, but using the term "equality" implies that you feel the same way as blacks did just a couple decades ago

And why shouldn't they? They are being told they cannot do something others can simply because those others don't like them.

but did gay people get lynched?

Not in the strictest definition of lynched, but terrorized, sure.

Are you going to get judged on first sight because you are gay?

Some people are more flamboyant than others, so it's certainly a possibility.

Okay, so I'm not the most informed person on the subject. I'm not changing my views.

Ignorance isn't bliss. Try to learn more if you're going to take such a strong stance.

And commando, I agree it shouldn't be a big deal. But it is extremely important, just not to you because as you said, you aren't affected. Some people that are would gladly trade their economic stability for something as simple as being able to say they are a married couple. Isn't that amazing?

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#73 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

I don't hate any of you guys for being gay. I can respect that you don't have a choice in the matter. Some of the nicest and most respectably people I know are gay. I would never say anything personally to their face about how stupid they are for being gay. It's the overall concept and politics of it that I don't like, not any individual. Everyone on this site especially is great and by nature of the hobby I actually expected quite a few gays on here.

And btw I'm pretty sure it does mention homosexual behavior as a sin in the bible. (Note BEHAVIOR not orientation, frankly put: gay sex is the sin). I would find you a reference but I don't have time, maybe later. Again I'm not 100% positive.

i would be pleased to see where the bible says that "gay sex is a sin" because i am sure thats exactly what is says. Try focusing on your straight divorce rather than my gay marriage :)

#74 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

Same-sex marriage in the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Of course there will always be (mostly religious) opposition. It is legal by law, so you'd imagine that solves 'the problem' (being ignorant religious types), but there's something called a 'weigerambtenaar' here. I think you call that civil service there; the person that officially gets you married. 'weiger' means 'to refuse', so you can guess what I meant: civil service refusing to marry a gay couple. We're in the middle of eliminating this choice, by law. If one wants to marry couples, he should not have the possibility to refuse a couple based on their sexual orientation.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#75 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

aye, we have Civil Partnership here, it's marriage with a different name.. still think it's silly and anyone should be able to marry anyone (in a max of 3. so long as all 3 are aware of the others, and agree to marry them also.)
imagine that..

#76 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

Note BEHAVIOR not orientation, frankly put: gay sex is the sin.

Ok. So you're saying that I will never be able to enjoy, ya know, that stuff, with a partner of mine? Never in my life? Yeah. That makes total sense. I can't get married to a woman. That would be pointless, as I am blind about if she's hot or not. Just, nothing makes sense. There's something wrong somewhere. I have no control over who I like. I think every day about how much better it would be if I was straight, so I didn't have to deal with the bullying, discrimination, and the rejection that my gay brother had to go through when he came out. Luckily, nobody saw the boners I got in the football locker rooms, or they surely would find out. Nobody sees me staring at Spencer's ass, or they surely would find out. No boys notice that I gaze into their eyes while they talk to me, or they surely would have known that I'm gay.

Just please try to understand me/other gay people.

#77 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

I was outed last week... Not fun...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#78 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

^^ Lol, a bit too graphic? I must have been mad. XD

I just want to say that I've reached a point where I am completely fine with who I am. I am a Christan and I am gay. I know that God made me this way, that nothing is changing. I know that I am not going to hell for being gay, the same way as none of you straight people are going to hell for being straight. I am still in the closet, but I'm fine with that. My friends are very accepting, and the "group" of friends that I'm in is very close and when someone messes with one of us, they mess with all of us. This makes me very confident about coming out of the closet in the future.

Just wanted to say how I feel about all that stuff.

#79 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

My biggest issue with those who act like homosexuality is a sin is that the bible talks about whole gobs of other things being sins as well (e.g. divorce, adultery, refusing to care for the poor, eating pork products, eating shellfish and other sea creatures that don't have scales, wearing clothes made of fabric woven from more than one material, etc.). Hmm...I wonder if there's some reason why you don't see Pat Robertson or Fred Phelps blowing their tops over those things? Just because one verse in the bible might say something along those lines doesn't mean it was one of Jesus's big priorities, right? If it was, I'm sure it would have been mentioned much, much more in the gospels and the New Testament.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#80 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

My biggest issue with those who act like homosexuality is a sin is that the bible talks about whole gobs of other things being sins as well (e.g. divorce, adultery, refusing to care for the poor, eating pork products, eating shellfish and other sea creatures that don't have scales, wearing clothes made of fabric woven from more than one material, etc.). Hmm...I wonder if there's some reason why you don't see Pat Robertson or Fred Phelps blowing their tops over those things? Just because one verse in the bible might say something along those lines doesn't mean it was one of Jesus's big priorities, right? If it was, I'm sure it would have been mentioned much, much more in the gospels and the New Testament.

My big issue is anyone who really cares..

Weasel!! How's it going?