lambchopz winter coaster

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

So this will hopefully be my first coaster on SSC, but not my first coaster ever, and it might be entered into the winter contest, even though i have the slightest chance of winning it. It's going to be a kiddie coaster modeled after the Wild Mouse coaster, which others have created before. My original plan was to make the Wild Mouse, but i'd need a lot more than 200 crossties. Now my supports are unusual, and i know that, and i dont like using box supports, so im going another route. Tell me what you think and i'll see what i can do, but i wont get much done until the middle-end of Jan.

P.S. Dont mind the coaster/loop in the background, its a school project.
P.S.S. i also need to come up with a name (since im pretty bad a coming up with names)

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#2 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

Looks good for a start, but one thing I must add, don't use orange connectors to connect the flexies together. Also, what is up with the loop in the background?
Edit: Also, make the turn more circular.

#3 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

^ well the loop in the background is a school physics project showing the physics behind loops. after its done, im taking it apart and finishing the coaster i have now. the orange connectors, im just using them for now because im just trying out ideas, and if you guys like them ill change it

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#4 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

I like it. It reminds me of Wildthing. Move on.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#5 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

^ well id love to, but until i finish the project in the background, i wont be able to. UPDATE: i changed the turn of the pre-lift from 45 to 90 degrees. my station is like the one on Speed O fear, but smaller. I'll post pics on Sunday-Monday, since tomorrows X-mas, and i also started the gearing for the lift since i finished it partially, but havent gotten much farther since noon. nice to see you guys like it...

#6 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

Dang, I liked the 45% turn:( And Merry Christmas!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#7 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

well i do too, but if im gonna try to enter it in the contest, its gonna be hard to judge the 100square boxes i have. or i can and make it a pain for them... ill prob change it back, because it was good the way i had it. and you too!!

#8 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:31 AM

update, for those following: im not going to have an update for another week to two weeks due to that school project, which is taking longer than expected. ill post pics once i get the lift and first drop finished.

#9 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

Even though you won't be updatingin a week or so, this looks really good for just a pre-lift turn! The only thing I can comment on is that you need to space your crossties better. Try to keep the distance even.

I also see that you are using ladder connections. Remove those so you can space your crossties more easily. Then add a flexi-rod to the middle of the crossties to re-connect the track sections. I want to see this finished!

Posted Image

#10 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

^ ok ill try, considering that it probably won't use too many parts hopefully...

BTW, i got +$100 for xmas, so ill prob get more parts i need, or more ps3 games.

#11 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

Here's and update on where i am so far, with pictures:
I took all the track off of it all, and re-did the supports and other things that needed to change. I also strenghtened the Pre-lift, and started the base of my station. My station is actually completed, but i'll keep it secret for a while... tell me what you think and i'll see what i can do. todays the last day of break, so i wont have much time to build, except for on weekends.
Sorry if the pics are small, they were taken with my phone.

#12 metallicais1337

metallicais1337

Guitar Hero Addict

• 1357 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

I like the supports on the lift, but for the turn beforehand, you want it to be as continuous of a radius as possible. What I mean by that is make this part straight instead of starting to turn less quickly than the rest of the turn:
Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/metallicais1337
^My YouTube Channel (FL Studio songs, Custom Guitar Hero charts)^

#13 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

ok, so move the station back a little bit?

#14 metallicais1337

metallicais1337

Guitar Hero Addict

• 1357 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

Actually, moving it forward should be better.

#15 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Oh ok, ill see what i can get done later, i have to do black and white photo film thats due tomorrow, so ill prob get to it in an hour or two.

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

I think it's fine. I think what you are seeing Scott is the elevation change that is happening at that point. And it's just a prelift turn.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#17 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, I like it how it was. I say keep the prelift turn you have.

#18 metallicais1337

metallicais1337

Guitar Hero Addict

• 1357 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

I suppose you're right, and looking at the side pic does make it look like just a slight dip instead of actually part of the turn. Ignore what I said, it's fine lol

#19 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

well im going over the prelift near the station, and good thing i didnt change it, because thats where i start the slight decline, then i start the turn, i see what you mean metallicais, but its fine, if i had more pics, which i do, id be easier to see the decline. update maybe in a few days or more, since schools starting tomorrow.

#20 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

so actually, i wanna see how creative you guys think i am, whats this? and if you guys dont get it, ill post the pics of what its used for later tonight. maybe in a few hours. and

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lambchopz, winter coaster