lambchopz winter coaster

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

Wow nice lift and supports! It looks really strong!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

^ yeah, this is a bit of a change for me, and it is really strong. i accidentally tripped on it (clumsy me) and it was fine. i usually do box supports.

WARNING!!!!! i might not be able to enter this into the winter contest since im having problems with the 100yellow boxes area. the prelift is actually a yellow and a half (yellow and white rod long) and wide, throwing off all my planning. if you guys know a way to fix the problem without majorly changing the track, id be glad to fix it. id be nice to see this be completed, and in a contest. I think i see a way, but id throw off the supports, not the track.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#23 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

oh and btw, guess what those last pics i posted were. im not posting the pics of what it is until i get a person to guess. HINT, they are all part of the coaster, an important part...

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#24 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:09 PM

Umm, I don't know. Maybe to automate the lift or something?

Those lift supports look pretty cool, but isn't the backbone kind of overkill? It looks good though.

#25 felesgustos

felesgustos

Dutch Details Employee

• 108 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:26 AM

I think it is for the station. ;)

#26 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

Umm, I don't know. Maybe to automate the lift or something?

Those lift supports look pretty cool, but isn't the backbone kind of overkill? It looks good though.

nope, to both. i could get rid of a few of the supports for the backbone, but ill have to figure that out once i figure out how to make my thing a 10X10 box. im having problems with the prelift since its one and a half yellow, screwing up my plans. idk, ill figureout something.

I think it is for the station. ;)

Yes, it is. The pics of my station of how it is right now(below) isnt complete (ran out of metalic yellow connectors)

**Expect changes with the prelift, due to yellow box/area problem, and i do know that the station doesnt fit perfectly with the train, i'd look stupid if i made it to fit. Station was inspired by Speed O' Fear by Gump. Thanks Gump =)

#27 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

i cannot delete this. rrrgh!

#28 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

(cant delete rrgh!)

#29 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

Hey, its another update (Sorry for all these extra posts above, I can't delete them for som reason) and (No pictures yet, the coaster supports are going to be re-done soon, so there's no point in posting pics of them

SO this is what I have in mind for whats to come:

• The Layout will stay the same for the most part
  • The Coaster will be a small woodie
  • The station will be made better, hopefully with automatic station gates if I can get it to work.
  • The layout will be shown later, if I can draw it out and post it on here soon.

For what I have right now:
  • The Prelift was taken apart and redone
  • The lift hill was un-supported, because it was too much for the backbone
  • The brakes and turn into station was created (maybe pictures soon)
  • 2nd half of station cant be built: out of parts for it.

Hopefully picture updates will come by Monday, and from there, the coaster's construction will take off, unless I happen to run out of parts.

Tell me what you think about my upcoming plans, and maybe suggestions for elements I can use, other than Rosebowl, that was one of my ideas.
Thanks!

#30 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Wait, are you restarting the lift and stuff? I really liked it :(

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#31 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Well in a way: I'm going to be taking the supports down (since I don't have nearly enough yellow connectors to finish it) and then turing this coaster into a woodie, unless I magically get like $200 to buy more K'nex parts.

If I can, I can always use this thread to re-create the coaster again. Besides, I really like this style of supports, so you can possibly see these coming up later in future coasters (hint hint)

#32 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

Ugh, I really hate double Posting, but there is a very good possibility that this will either have to be canceled, or turned into a woodie or tube suuported coaster, due to the lack of Yellow connectors I have.

I currently made the brakes and turn into the station, and the chain/launch thats inside the station. Pics will come tomorrow after finals, I'm too lazy to upload them right now and I'm tired. Hopefully I get $$ for some magical reason so then I can buy more parts.

#33 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

TRIPLE POSTING, WOO!

Sorry guys about all my posts above, I can't delete them, and I really want to, but the thread won't let me. Could any of the staff delete them for me or something??!?!?!

ANYWAY, back to the coaster:
I have completely re-did most of the coaster, and added more to it, such as brakes/brake run(Don't worry about their supports, they're not done yet) and the turn into the station.

So let's get to the pictures:
(Sorry I don't know how to put pics, then words, then pics and etc.)
You should be able to figure out what each pic is, hopefully. I put a picture of each turn with an overhead and side view to get a better view of them.

If you see any MAJOR problems please tell me immediately (I doubt that there is), and if they're minor, then I'll get to them eventually. If you also have any ideas for some elements (for kiddy coaster, other than helix) then I will be happy to take them into consideration. =]

#34 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:43 AM

I want you to put less supports on the lift.
Then your lift will look a lot cleaner and better.

Well, for the rest it looks promising!!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#35 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

Specific points where?? The Orange connectors stuff? The Middle support? (that's needed a lot without a big ugly backbone) :wacko:

Update coming after I find $$ to buy parts to finish this, or else I'll have no choice but to turn this into a small woodie :mcy

#36 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

Well for everyone following or just looking to see what I'm getting done, I have good news, and bad news:

Bad New: This roller coaster has been canceled because I just don't have enough yellow connectors to finish this. :mcy :( :mcy

Good News!: I have turned this coaster into a tube supported coaster, so check out the link to see updates, which I will maybe be able to post more frequently. Sorry to dissapoint, but I can reassure those who liked how this was turning out, that once I accumulate a TON more of yellow connectors, I will revisit this. :)

Sorry, and there's no turning back, its already been changed. :l

#37 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

I have about 500 yellow connectors that I can't find a way to use on WW :)

Sorry to hear you cancel this thing. Good luck on your tube supported!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#38 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

Hahahaha, you can always make the station like i did with them, and 250 green rods (small) if you have 500 yellow connectors.

I' kinda sad to see it gone, but the thread I'm making right now should make the tube supported coaster I'm building right now better than this (Its my first tube-supported)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lambchopz, winter coaster