• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

CoNgRaTsZ SUCK!!!

Hope to see you guys next year for another build a coaster in a short period of time coaster!

Yes it was fun to see all these awesome coasters built in such a short period of time, but couldn't you possibly (if you wanted to) run it by staff to maybe have this contest bi-yearly: Like a spring 9 day contest, and then a fall 9 day contest?

I really don't want to wait a whole year to try to participate in this, but if I have to, I have something to look forward to!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#102 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:56 AM

^ Might do but (and the staff do very well on it), running a contest is actually quite hard. Might not seem like it but for some reason it is. Getting results and everything is also a biggy and even harder with judges and how Blackkitty did was very good.

I might try but I do doubt it because with all the other competitions going on. Summer is 'Summer Heat', Autumn is RK500 'Autumn Falls', Winter is 'The winter contest'. So it would be hard to get the spot. Well there is many other contest to participate in. :)

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#103 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:51 AM

I like contests like these cause then I can see what people want me to improve! Congrats Suck for the incredibly deserved win! Good job everyone else as well!

#104 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:51 AM

Yay! Thank you judges!
I think this is one of the most fun events on these forums, and I really enjoyed it.
Also thanks to the other builders to participate in this contest.
Can't wait for next year!

A quick response to some of the comments:

My personal favorite. Really nice launch system. Excellent reproduction of real coaster including the custom train. Structure is super strong, so much so I think it goes through the course a little too fast. Only other negative is I wanted SUCK to focus on Batman!

Well, the problem is that the coaster has a rather long layout, compared to its height. So if you want it to make it through, it has to go through the layout pretty fast.
Oh, and Batman is death;)

This coaster was really awesome for it’s size, it was a nice recreation for a 9 day contest IMO. There are still a few things that were bothering me. I didn’t like how Bart finished his coaster with the lighter colored pieces, it would look better in just 1 color. The coaster could’ve been done with tubes to make it even better, but that doesn’t really matter IMO. Good coaster overall.

At the end of the coaster I was out of granites. With all these oversupported banked turns, and Batman still standing in the room, you get out of parts rather quickly.
I thought about doing this with tubesupports, but considering the fact that this coaster is so small, the tubes would've been way to big in comparision with the ride.
And the coaster is almost full time low to the ground, so then I wouldn't even need any tubes at all.

-Suck.

#105 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

Congrats Bart! Nice job.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#106 MichaelG

MichaelG

Architect

• 504 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

Congrats Bart, well deserved!