105 replies to this topic

#81 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

^ got mine in last week :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#82 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

Just a little update:

Contacted Blackkitty and he is doing well, we are just waiting for 2/7 more results to be in.

The results are going to be put on the 1st of May and if they don't reply by then it won't matter, We still have 5 results.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#83 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

The results are in!
First of all I would like to thank Kevyn230 for creating this contest. I would also like to thank all of the builders and judges who participated in this event. The challenge was tough, build a full coaster in 9 days but, the results were great! I will post teh results 1 at a time.

Smash! by kevkillerke

Comments:
Great, very great! Tubes and VV, very, very nice!

This coaster was quite big for VV, the beginning was really nice. It had a really good shaped overbanked turn, and the hill was also quite good. But after the hill the sharp helix came, and Kevkillerke lost a lot of speed because of that helix, which was a pain for such a cool coaster. But the coaster wasn’t too bad overall.

His best yet but lost too much speed at the end.

Very nice VV coaster, impressively strong backbone and structure. Very sturdy for VV. Wish the layout was longer.

A nice VV coaster, although it was shaking in some spots. The track work was good, generally speaking, but the supports couldn't cope with the G-forces all the time. The layout was rather generic.

Personally I thought that the lift hill and overbank were perfect, they were well supported and well shaped. As the ride progressed however, it seemed to become slightly more sloppy, such as the high speed turn, where it seemed to small. Overall it was a great micro creation.

I liked the use of VV and tubes, but the layout lacked and some of the shaping was bad.

Scores:6, 6, 7, 6.5 ,6 ,7 ,7

Average score of 6.5!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#84 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

Next up is:

Scortching Fever by scott

Posted Image

Comments:

It came out great! I'll cut you some slack because you can't get more cross ties. Also, your shaping is moving along very nicely. If you keep it up you'll probably become better than me someday at shaping. Congrats

The shaping looked pretty decent throughout most the ride and there seemed to be an Thorough amount of crossties through that section as well. However I noticed that the ride was very close to the ground indicating either lack of pieces or lack of speed. I also noticed that the supports look very weak, some places throughout the layout looked as if they had no supports at all. Then near the end he was running out of crossties and everything from the brake section onward looked very sloppy. It was a very ambitious project though especially for his amount of pieces, it was a great coaster though.

This coaster was quite basic, but it had a layout that nobody had tried before, I really liked the old woodie feeling on this coaster. It was a pain in the ass that scott finished the coaster with not a lot of crossties. And the coaster had some unrealistic banked turns, so that were the cons of this coaster.

A very, very simple layout. Unfortunately the track work is bad in some spots, too. The first drop is not one simple flow. The ride has a good flow in some parts, but these parts are short and followed by less good parts very quickly. Apparently Scott was out of crossties, because suddenly the track contained just a few crossties.

Not really a woodie, only partial structure and not shaped like a woodie. The shaping is only so so, lot's of bumps and the layout is awkward.

It is his best coaster yet but some of it is not supported and it looks bumpy.

It was his 2nd coaster on SSC, so it is good! Although it has many shaping imperfections and supporting flaws, the real thing is that scott improved while building the ride.

Scores: 3, 5.5 ,6 ,6 ,5 ,5.5 , 5

Average score of 5.14!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#85 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

The next coasters will be posted tomorrow, stay tuned!

#86 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

I gots a question. Is the winner determined by the highest average?

EDIT Gump: Lol, how else..?

Posted Image

#87 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:45 AM

DAMN IT! I' so Eager to find out hoe mine went! :P It is pretty obvious that Senza fiato will win though...

#88 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

^^ Yeah it is.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#89 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

Can you guys work on mine becuase tomorow im going on vancation.

Posted Image

#90 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:44 AM

Time Bomb by jespercoasters

Comments:

Another Eurofighter. Very inefficient track layout. Some parts are smooth, but unfortunately that doesn't entirely make up for the rest. There is few about this ride that jumps out.

This coaster has nicely shaped heartlined roll but the crest of the vertical lift is weird looking. The coaster loses speed very quickly and I don't like the launch near the end of the layout.

Very nice entry by jesper, it looked pretty nice and used a thorough amount of crossties. The shaping was really nice and it was a very smooth lift. With that being being said it lost speed kinda fast and was not automatic. In a coaster with a mid-ride launch thats a pretty big con. because it no longer runs continuously. I liked it but it just wasn't enough.

The coaster had a layout which was quite spectacular; I really liked it because it had a lot of combinations of different manufacturers. I could see that he had included some elements of a eurofighter, but with a special twist because of the launch. The coaster itself was pretty good; I was also surprised because of the shaping, which was really good. But there were some things which were less good. I saw that the launch wasn’t automaticated, so the cars had to be launched on a manual way with pulling a rod. I mean, he could even built a kind of trigger to make it sort of automaticated.

I think this coaster is good and alot of effort has been put in to this but he is having too push the cars onto the launch and that lets it down.

I like the layout, just work on shaping. You are coming along really well on your coasters. Your moving up in the ranks of coasters on here. Keep it up.

What really struck me was the layout. It was quite ambitious. Although it wasn't pulled off greatly, I still liked this coaster. Next time though, automatic launch.

Scores: 5, 6.5, 7, 6, 6, 7, 5

Average score of 6.1!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#91 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:59 AM

Thank's for the comment's guys and i will work on the point's you guys told me.

Posted Image

#92 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

wow!
i am first!!
(i now bart's coaster still have to come :P)
i must agree with the judges about my helix :(
but otherwise it would crash in my bed :P

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#93 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

Man, this will take ages...

#94 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

I have no probem with you posting them 1 by 1. But post them all at ONCE. It is really annoying having them posted randomly.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#95 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

Next up is:

Scortching Fever by scott

Posted Image

Comments:

... It came out great! I'll cut you some slack because you can't get more cross ties.

... It was a pain in the ass that scott finished the coaster with not a lot of crossties.

... Apparently Scott was out of crossties, because suddenly the track contained just a few crossties.

Why all the comments about not having enough cross ties? There is at least 100 of them in that green bucket and there appears to be an old lift with some in it in the background.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#96 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Here come the rest of the coasters!

Senza Fiato by TheSUCKCrew

Comments:

My personal favorite. Really nice launch system. Excellent reproduction of real coaster including the custom train. Structure is super strong, so much so I think it goes through the course a little too fast. Only other negative is I wanted SUCK to focus on Batman!

This coaster was insane from the start. Building a recreation in 9-days is probably a record let alone an amazing well shaped recreation! The shaping was not perfect but it was close. It kept speed very well except it didn't make it fully into the station. It is truly amazing and definitely will be near the top in this competition.

Very well executed and nice finish to it. Not his best but still awesome.

This coaster was really awesome for it’s size, it was a nice recreation for a 9 day contest IMO. There are still a few things that were bothering me. I didn’t like how Bart finished his coaster with the lighter colored pieces, it would look better in just 1 color. The coaster could’ve been done with tubes to make it even better, but that doesn’t really matter IMO. Good coaster overall.

Great roller coaster! Perfect flow, great launch, great track work. What would I have liked to be different? Not much, but if I would have to say anything: let it be bigger! The actual roller coaster is not that special and Bart had to follow the ride's layout, which isn't that special either. Bart made the perfect recreation of this ride, though.

Very nice, definitely my favorite launch.

Really awesome recreation. What was really awesome was the strength and awesomeness of the Radii turns. Great building Bart!

Scores: 7, 7.5, 9, 9, 7, 8.5, 7

Average score of 7.8!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#97 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

I have no probem with you posting them 1 by 1. But post them all at ONCE. It is really annoying having them posted randomly.

I completely agree. If it's possible Blackkitty, maybe wait until all the comments for the remaining coasters come in, and then post them all in their own posts one right after the other, and hopefully no one comments in between. Just an idea to think about.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#98 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

We are almost done here folks!

Diving Eagle by tornado96

Comments:

It flowed very well. Plus it was VV, which made it more difficult. Very nice job on this and I look forward to future coasters of yours.

This coaster was a really good coaster, because the layout was pretty long, especially since there is a cobra roll included in the layout. I also liked that Tornado had used realistic turns for the coaster, It looks a lot better IMO. But I still feel like some things could be better, like the brakerun, which was not straight. But still thought that the coaster was good overall.

Very good and smooth, but in some ways I think it could have been a little better.

The shaping on this creation is beautiful, the supports are really nice and are placed very realistically. His spines were nice and truly looked realistic. My only con was that it only used one car. I would go to more of a Fahrenheit look and use 2-3 cars. Overall an amazing micro piece.

This had very nicely shaped elements and a nice station. I was disappointed at how much it shook with only single car trains.

Very good VV coaster. It is, however, in Eurofighter style, and that is a style I have seen so much of. The cobra roll has great supports and the rest of the ride is supported well, too. Still, it doesn't pop out as a special coaster.

Very nice VV. I liked the shaping on the first drop. The big flaw is the loss of speed. I always find tornado's coasters to be pretty small.

Scores: 5, 7.5, 8, 7, 6.5, 7, 5.5

Average score of 6.6!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#99 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

The final coaster is

New Woodie by RCExtreme

Posted Image

Comments:

I love it. But I also like coasters like that in general. Very, um, sexy? No, flowing.

This coaster was quite spectacular. It was pretty big and it had a good shaping. But is still don’t like the fact that the layout was so short, I do realise that he only had 9 days to complete the coaster, and that he had some bad weather, but I still think that the coaster could’ve been better layout-wise. I was also disappointed that it didn’t had a name, and IMO that’s pretty important.

This is my favourite to win but not because he won last year, but because I think this has had the most effort put in. Buckle looked like it let it down because it doesn't seem right.

It was a rather large woodie and definitely the biggest entry. But other than the lift hill and first element it looked rather sloppy and very rushed, even for a 9-day contest. He should have just slowed down a bit and fixed the pumps in the trackwork. Still it was very nice, I just don't think it deserves to win.

This coaster had so much potential but fell short. The structures are very nice and the first turn element is pretty cool. Unfortunately it was not finished and the shaping is odd and there are some awkward transitions in the layout.

Nice roller coaster at first sight. Definitely nice supporting. The track work is another thing, though. There are several severe bumps and they really take away from the ride. The style and the supports do make up for that.

Very large. I was amazed that he finished it in time for the deadline. Great coaster. People were complaining about the shaping, but in 9 days with such a long layout, I am impressed. Great job!

Scores: 4, 6.5, 9, 8, 7, 8, 6.5

Average score of 7!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#100 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

So that wraps it up folks.

Congrats to theSUCKCrew for winning with his entry! Senza Fiato was a great coaster.

SUCKCrew wins! SUCKCrew wins! SUCKCrew wins!
Thank you for all of the other nice entries. This contest was a blast!

Hope to see you guys next year for another build a coaster in a short period of time coaster!

Thank you all once again builders and judges.

Sorry about the odd timing, I sent my computer in for repairs and I am on the shared family computer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]