Poison Ivy

jumpge journal

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

Poll: How long should the train be?

How long should the train be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

The booster looks like a brake block.

As what Jogumpie said it will be unnoticeable if there are more trackwork place, if you look at CC10's jokers jinx it's unnoticeable.

The trackwork looks very smooth, this is going to be the best recreation of a launched coaster! GoodLuck. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Mr. Jumpge, did you lose your mind?!

Formally RK500

#43 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

It looks great even with the booster, Jumpge! Just continue building, and hope that the supports hide the booster even more. Please continue! I love the style of this!

Posted Image

#44 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

Wow this will be amazing if you can manage to keep enough speed throughout the layout even with the booster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#45 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Wow, your shaping is soo good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#46 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:45 PM

So much better than the idea I showed you ;) Once you build more track around it, it'll be hardly noticeable.

Also, ForgotToGrowUp's idea to paint the booster is a good one.

#47 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:42 AM

One of the few coasters in which I don't mind a (well-hidden) booster.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#48 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

Looks excellent. Your track work is AMAZING!!

Though as maarten12 said, the top of your hill is slightly high, because at least from the pictures it is above the C-roll.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#49 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

^I totally agree with that, I don't really mind that booster. The only thing I can see is that the last part is higher than the c roll, which isn't in real.

I have to agree with that too, that the booster isn't really that noticeable at all. The only thing with the hill is that I have to have the hill that high in order for the car to pass under it in the mid course break run. But thanks!

booster :(
maybe if you painted it flat black no one will notice.

I was thinking about that, but I kind of like it with the orange color, to add a little contrasting color into the ride's twisty track.

The booster looks like a brake block.
As what Jogumpie said it will be unnoticeable if there are more trackwork place, if you look at CC10's jokers jinx it's unnoticeable.
The trackwork looks very smooth, this is going to be the best recreation of a launched coaster! GoodLuck. :D

Thanks man! And I too really think the booster won't be noticeable at all when the ride is finished, but it was definitely needed for speed.

It looks great even with the booster, Jumpge! Just continue building, and hope that the supports hide the booster even more. Please continue! I love the style of this!

Thanks so much!

Wow this will be amazing if you can manage to keep enough speed throughout the layout even with the booster.

The booster really helped, and it will maintain speed greatly throughout this ride, as to the ride without it.

Wow, your shaping is soo good.

Thanks!

So much better than the idea I showed you ;) Once you build more track around it, it'll be hardly noticeable.
Also, ForgotToGrowUp's idea to paint the booster is a good one.

Thanks, and I really think it won't be noticeable when the ride is complete! As I said though, I like the orange color in the mid of the track.

One of the few coasters in which I don't mind a (well-hidden) booster.

Wow, means a lot coming from a guy/staff like you.

Looks excellent. Your track work is AMAZING!!
Though as maarten12 said, the top of your hill is slightly high, because at least from the pictures it is above the C-roll.

I think I will keep it that way for the reason of the mid course break run, but otherwise I want to keep the ride pretty strict to the real one.

So, I am still working on the ride to get it to perfection before the next update, but I am debating weather to use a four car train, or a three car train. The four car train looks really proportional with the ride and very highly realistic through the elements, but it doesn't make it over the hill 4 out of 5 times because of the extra long train. The three car train is not a realistic looking on the ride, because it is shorter then the four car, but it works 5 out of 5 times making it over the hill since it is better with the booster.
So now the choice is up to you. What should I use on the ride? Realistic train, or working train, that is a bit unrealistic? Please cast your vote in the new poll, and then we'll see what my overall choice for the trains will be.

Posted Image

#50 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

hmm, tough choise,
i would go for the 4 car train, but it sucks it doesn't make it allways.
maybe you should build the whole ride first, and keep testng with 3 car and 4 car,
if there are other places the 4 car doesn't make it, take the 3 car, otherwose, take the 4 car

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#51 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

Perhaps you should change your name to TBM#2. :)

win.

Looks great kinda sad about the booster but other then that AWESOME!

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#52 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

I say to go for a six car train, or go for a custom spaghetti bowl coaster. Really, bosters are fat, ugly, orange things that are loud and unrealistic.

Formally RK500

#53 Benjaninja

Benjaninja

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:23 AM

Pity about the booster... But better it goes through with realistic speeds, then fly through the first C-roll (like on CC10s).
Keep it up, it looks awesome!

#54 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:24 AM

5 or six cars!

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#55 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Go for 4 or 5 cars. You don't even have to decide right now--just keep building, and eventually the 4 car train will probably start making the hill.

#56 heyisntthatrob

heyisntthatrob

• 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

This looks awesome! You have amazing talent! I don't think the booster is a big deal I'm sure you won't see it once the mess of track in in place. Good luck!

~Rob

#57 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

^I definitely understand what some of you are saying about the four car train, and I think that the poll will also benefit my persuasion about my decision when it is over.

I got some more building done, and completed the circuit to the mid course break run. From here, I don't think there will be speed problems since it is all downhill mess of track. I am also on spring break, which gives me a lot more time to build and hopefully complete the ride! :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for the blurry pictures

:king

Posted Image

#58 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:33 PM

Wow, this is getting better and better. That booster is getting invisible ;)!

Posted Image

#59 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

Wow, this is getting better and better. That booster is getting invisible ;)!

Booster? What booster?

Jumpge, I just pee'd my pants and it's all your fault.
KR11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#60 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

Booster? What booster?

I agree. Jumpge's amazing track work is the best distraction.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jumpge journal