Night Fury (major construction 5/20/2014)

b&m dive machine outerlimits659 scythe

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#281 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

Trees look great, at the end of each day do you 'transfer' off the train?

#282 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

Nice undergrowth.

#283 Dabubs

Dabubs

Where is the love?

• 186 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Holy s***! This is a beast! Best looking coaster imo with all the scenery and color scheme... BEAUTIFUL!!!!
-Bubba :D

Posted Image

^^Thanks Ward!!!^^

#284 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Nice scenery you got there James! It really gives the coaster some extra, great job! :D

Posted Image

#285 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

The epitome of color coordination...it's beautiful (especially for those of us with OCD :P)! It's very inspiring to me, considering my plans for this winter.

#286 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

My new number one. Seriously, I have never seen a coaster more well done. This thing looks freakin' real.

Posted Image

#287 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

I'm seeing the track start to deform in places again though.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#288 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

The deformations are from the train running past it 8 hours a day for the past several months. Even with the huge amounts of layering and such, the track just does not hold in place nearly as well with flexies as it does with the grey rods. Before I do the final video, I will do my best to have the track reshaped again.

Thank you everyone for all of the positive comments.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#289 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

7 Months, 600 hours, and 25,589 parts later....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the Final Video

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#290 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

:o(thumbsup) This is freaking awesome the fog in the pictures make the overall coaste look legit. Even though I haven't been around the site for long, I am so glad that I "followed" it. Job well done! Best of luck on you next coaster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#291 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

AMAZING

THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY!

i love the vid ickus! :) and i love the coaster!

nice job!

(obs:in the video at 1:04 you can see a weird spot in the enter of the immelman)

#292 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Building K'NEX coasters for a living... Awesome ride, James. One day I'll come over. ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#293 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Building K'NEX coasters for a living... Awesome ride, James. One day I'll come over. ;)

Yeah, if I had the time and resources... I have some plans for Super Mouse and looking at this makes me feel jealous, I really wish I had the time to do all of those things!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#294 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

That looks very nice great job.

Posted Image

#295 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

Gump thought you were here before?
Posted Image
(ps. I don't build for a living, I typically do my real job first, and then only after I have business completed do I get to build, and I do not get paid to build w/ K'nex® in fact I spend a lot on my K'nex®. But I do have fun doing it, so it is worth it.)

Yeah, if I had the time and resources... I have some plans for Super Mouse and looking at this makes me feel jealous, I really wish I had the time to do all of those things!

Max, I have seen your builds, you definitely have the resources (what your brain holds in knowledge is more then what is rattling around in mine)
As for time, why do you think it took me 7 months to build this....lol

Please don't be jealous. I starting building because I was lusting over the amazing rides and builds that I have seen others on this site do, and with out the help of this site, and individuals such as yourself, I never could have even dreamed up this coaster.

:o(thumbsup) This is freaking awesome the fog in the pictures make the overall coaste look legit. Even though I haven't been around the site for long, I am so glad that I "followed" it. Job well done! Best of luck on you next coaster.

Thanks

AMAZING

THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY!

i love the vid ickus! :) and i love the coaster!

nice job!

(obs:in the video at 1:04 you can see a weird spot in the enter of the immelman)

Thanks

Eh, it happens. That pull out pull in section is one that I work on rather frequently because it deforms there quickly (guess there is a lot of force there or something.)

That looks very nice great job.

Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#296 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

Wow, that is amazing. I am truly impressed. Your theming/color coding is flawless. That makes the whole coaster alot better. Just a tip, some of the pullouts at the beginning of the coaster are unsupported, which makes you lose lots of speed. Like between the dive loop and the MCBR (1:48). If you ever need to gain some speed, support those more. Also, great job on the final video, one of the best I've seen.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#297 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

I wish I had the parts and money so I could do some great color-coding as well...
Because you build with those grey rods, you are causing some bumps. I know it is hard, but try to layer your rods as good as you can, then you'll be fine. And like KR11 said, some more supports wouldn't be a bad idea, it really helps to gain more speed.
I think you made a great coaster though. And I really like that fog :)

Posted Image

#298 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

Great coaster indeed!
For your next coaster, try to add more supports on the low levels, even if it's 1 connector.

And did you used smoke? The pictures are looking awesome!!

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#299 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

KR11: yes this is true. But I was hard struck for blues and blacks as it was during this, and did fail to make enough supports in a few places. I do have some low lying base to track supports but probably not enough...opps (thank you though, I do appreciate the constructive criticism)

Helmut: Actually if you check it out closely, most of the sharp spots are where I am using flexies, or where I transition from greys to flexies. Basilisk rail (which is built only with greys) has held it's shaping almost identical to when I finished it, where as Night Fury, I have to go thru almost weekly to fix shaping issues, and typically where there are flexies, and typically because I do not have enough connections. (All of this is stuff I am keeping in mind for future building)

Kev: Thank you very much. yes I did use a fog machine. I had tried to do some of the fog with BR, but I did not have flashes for my camera that time and they did not come out. Now with some better lighting and a lot of "practice" I was able to get some shots with the fog that I was pleased with.

Again thank you everyone. I am glad everyone overall likes it, and I had the museum visits also like it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#300 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

truely amazing coaster!!!one of the best ive seen.Trees are a very nice touch.Love the top pic with the lifthill,loops and trees just in the light(credit for that alone).The colouring is unique and the b&m style supports are spot on.Truly some great builders on this site!!!

(would love to see what you could come up with if y had a few cd sets)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&amp;m, dive machine, outerlimits659, scythe