Fahrenheit NL

fahrenheit hershey park lambchopz nolimits

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How does the recreation look so far?

How does the recreation look so far?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hello everyone! (I feel like I say this in every thread I make)

So as the title implies, you can probably guess that I'm going crazy by attempting a recreation of Fahrenheit located at the park I go to all the time, Hershey Park. I will also be recieving a bit of help from Britfag, but we'll keep it a secret for now, won't we.... <_<

So far I have a bit done, but looking at it in all, I have a lot to go, so enough talk, here's (a lot of) pics:

Photobuckt is having problems, so no pictures yet, Sorry, but the Drop and start to Norwegian loop are being worked on as you read (possibly) for the better and as soon as Photobucket is done having problems, pictures will be on here.

I'll update frequently or whenever I can. Remember Britfag, keep quiet on how you'll be influencing this recreation....

[EDIT:] Here's the reference pic I'll be using to help me with the track layout and the support placements.

http://www.coaster-n...eit_layout1.jpg

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#2 colintaylor

colintaylor

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

Sounds cool!

EDIT: YAY! First reply!

#3 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

^It will be...

[EDIT:] Well everyone, here's what you've been waiting for!!!!!!

THE NORWEGIAN LOOP!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FOsPi8I_9i4 (can anyone tell me how to get it to show up on here?)

Overview of where I am now in the Editor so you can see it a lot easier.
Posted Image

The Loop...
Posted Image

Simulator view.
Posted Image

Incase you were wondering how close the train stops before the lift, this is how close.
Posted Image

Thanks for helping me out, and I'm uploading a POV of the ride to youtube.com so you all can get a good view of what's happening.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#4 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

i think the drop looks nice but the norwegian loop has to be a little more roundish.

wardcc-2.png

#5 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

I see what you mean, but mine's is actually too circular for Fahrenheit's. EDIT: I was looking at pictures, and the it actually isn't a perfect circle, so I'll be fixing it now.

Posted Image

Compared to this:

Posted Image

(I think it's a lot better now and more like the real one.

I forgot to mention this but the lift hill / drop is actually at the same exact height as Fahrenheit (give or take 2 feet) and the loop is actually almost the same height.

Update will be later today (6+ hours or so) or tomorrow after I finish with the loop and start the next element or make the supports for the lift, and then contact Brit about how he's doing with his work.

EDIT: BTW, does anyone know how to get the Fahrenheit Logo onto the cars? Apparently someone told me a while ago that you need photoshop (which I don't have and Adobe won't let me download it) and then save it as some sort of file then insert it on your cars?

#6 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

yes! that looks much better now! i will try those car logo's for you.

EDIT i got the car texture but it is really unclear. just copy it if you want.

wardcc-2.png

#7 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D!!!!!!

YAAAAAY! (I'm on my school laptop which I'm not allowed to have NL, so when I get onto my other computer I'll put it on and tell you how it works out.)

JTLYK, I'm having a bit of problems now with the cobra roll because It's a lot harder to make than I expected, and it doesn't help with it's uniqueness (look at pictures of it if you need to see what I mean)

Update after I finish my HLA reading and help my parents move stuff for some thing...

#8 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

That looks really good! There is a pump/bump on the pullout of the N-Loop in the POV.

Posted Image

#9 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

^ Yeah I do see it in the video, but I fixed that and a few other things after I posted it (because I saw it) so on the next update, coming very very soon, will be better.

I'm working on the Cobra Loop, but I have this bad feeling about it and that it's not very good mostly because the pull in and pull out are too far apart.

#10 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

DP, but I didn't feel like editing my other post, thank you laziness...

Here's my progress so far! (Cobra Roll!!!!!)

Posted Image

The Cobra roll (side view in the editor)

Posted Image

The Cobra roll (overhead view in the editor. I'll be making the pull-in and pull-out closer together and on a lesser angle, but it's a start...)

Posted Image

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUUUCCCHHHH WARDCOASTEZ :D ( I <3 IT NOW!!!!)

Posted Image

I'll be fixing the cobra roll pull-in and pull-out so it's closer together and on a lesser angle, but tell me how I did anyway!

EDIT!!!!

I have fixed the Cobra Roll!!!

Comparison Time!

Before:
Posted Image

After: (I think it's a lot better now...)
Posted Image

I wanna see what you think before I move on to the corks!

#11 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

yeah, the second looks alot better..
When you run through it in 3-D mode though, is the banking correct on the half-loops? I always find when I make an angled Cobra roll that the banking goes funny.
Just something for you to check out :)

#12 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

^I see what you mean. Fahrenheit goes 90, or very close, and on this one the banking only goes up to about 60 which could throw it off. I'll change that when I get on my computer, because my laptop doesn't have NL on it.

#13 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

Second looks much better. Also, I would like to see some simulator pictures of the cobra roll, and not just top views.

Posted Image

#14 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

^ Here ya go!

I also fixed the banking at the top to make it more of an "upside-down" feeling, similar to the real ride. I'm still not very happy with the pull in or pull out. seems like it's just not like Fahrenheit.

Front View:
Posted Image

Side view. Banking could be adjusted I think, but I want to see what you all say before I do:
Posted Image

Banking: Posted Image

Posted Image

Look what I includeddddd........ (sweet) I want to change the color, but don't know how. :/
Posted Image

Hope this helps!

#15 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

it looks quite sharp in the middle i would delete the 4 blue circles in the middle and split the upside down cutback if you know what i mean in 2 segments not in five. remember: use as less track segments as possible.
btw, how did you get the fahrenheit logo so sharp. when i try it it is really blurry.
and i thought fahrenheit was red, not orange.
the rest looks good to me

wardcc-2.png

#16 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

Accidental post?

#17 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

^^ I'm just LaMbChOpZ, thats why. In real life, Fahrenheit really is orange, but it's really dark like how mine is which a lot of people who have only seen it in pictures, or have been near it would think, but when you look like you're going to smack face first into the track infront of you on that drop, you tend to notice it's an orange color. (Look at my signature and it should be a good indication of what I mean.)

As for the cobra roll, I do see what you mean, but it might just be the angle of the picture. If I upload a POV, you'll be surprised that it's not as sharp as you'd think. I'll pos a POV in this comment in about a half hour or later.

I find it funny that none of you realized that my signature was Fahrenheit for a while now, because as soon as I decided to make Fahrenheit, I got it changed, but didn't start until recently. I love doing stuff like this; making my secret projects more obvious than you could expect.

#18 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

Triple Post (really a double post)(It would also be nice to see a comment atleast after I post an update), but I just wanted to say, when you see this next update, a lot changed with the coaster itself, so be ware. I realized that since this is a recreation, I should have all aspects of the ride proportionate and I can't do that unless the Norwegian Loop (they call it an inverted loop) is at 107 feet, and the pictures you've all seen, it was only at 90 feet...

Speed for the lift hill has now become an issue.

The reason why I'm kinda being a freak about the proportions and everything is because I'm starting to worry about maintaining speed, (and I had plans to send the final video to some one.... (you can guess away and comment to tell me that this thread hasn't died so that way I can be a bit happier about this gloomy situation.)

#19 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:16 AM

Don't have anything to say but preventing you making quadruple post. Keep head up and don't give up!!!

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#20 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

I'll get to changing those colors for you, sorry for being os lazy on this so far.. xD

the middle of the cobra looks a bit sharp aswell..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fahrenheit, hershey park, lambchopz, nolimits