Fahrenheit NL

fahrenheit hershey park lambchopz nolimits

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How does the recreation look so far?

How does the recreation look so far?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

^the fins or the sensor bars?

Is it also possible to separate the 2 fins into 2 the 2 different types, large and small? I was having problems doing it on Anim8tor so i just gave up.

As I said in previous posts, there were going to be some changes, well those changes were "ctrl Z" 'd because it just wasn't working out. I was tryint to make the "inverted loop" 107 feet instead of 90 feet just so the proportions were correct, but the speed of the lift hill would have to reach 30 mph at the top for it to make it. I also re-did the cobra roll (again) and I hope this is better, and I also started the unique support structure for the lift hill, which I might get rid of until I finish the ride.

Pics:

Overall of where I am (should be no shocker to any of you)
Posted Image

Starting the supports for the lift...
Posted Image

Nice view from the lift before you seem to plummet to your death, but instead 3.9 G's.
Posted Image

Lift hill supports. Not done yet, but I wanted to get a start on it. They might be subject to change so don't hold this setup against me yet!
Posted Image

And finally, the most dreaded part about this for me, the Cobra roll. Attempt # 16 left me with this: I will make the center of the cobra roll higher up so it's not so sharp!!! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks everyone for helping me with this, but we're only half way there for the track itself! Britfag will also be including his talents when the track's finished along with the rest that I have to do.

WARNING: I start school tomorrow, so I don't know how much time I'll have to get this thing done, but I'd like to get it done before May 13 because I'm going away May 15-17 for the PJAS state meet @ Penn state and the closer we get to that date, the more I have to practice and memorize my speech thus no time to build at all.

THIS COBRA ROLL BETTER BE CLOSE TO PERFECT!

EDIT: Can someone teach me how to embed onto here please??

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pVrJD81xoTs

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#22 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

it still looks iffy on the cobra roll..
Apart from that, it looks good :)

#23 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Here is the video:

Why do you have all that extra track at the end? You know if you go to Coaster > Settings > Coaster Type and click on "Shuttle", it can run without the track having to be connected. (Just remember to turn it back to "Continuous" when you connect the track.)

Formally RK500

#24 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

^really? that's new, thanks! But how'd you get the video on this? [EDIT: It doesn't work for me now. The car's don't show up when I put it on shuttle mode and I don't have the track in a circut.] I can't really understand Max's "=/=" thing either.

^^I'm going over it now and moving the 2 track parts a bit closer and straightening the exit for the S roll whenever I get to it... Should I maybe make the center part higher up or something? I really don't want to spend all my time building this (it's been about 3 days) but I want it to be as good as it could be. The height is about where it should be and so is the pull in an pull out distance now. Suggestions?

[EDIT:] Well I went back through again to re-do the cobra roll and now I F'd it up. Anyone know how to make a really nice cobra roll, or have overhead views of Fahrenheit that I can use as reference, it would be nice.

JTLYK, (some of you might be happy about this) but if someone can't help me make a good cobra roll because all my attempts have failed, then this coaster will be canceled. No other options: Either someone make a really sick recreation of Fahrenheit's cobra roll and send it to me, or else I'll have to cancel because I'm ready to delete everything I have because I've worked on this cobra roll for over 24 hours total so far, and it's driving me nuts.

Sorry to those who wanted to see this be finished, but there's no other options.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#25 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

Dude, I think you'll just have to stick it out.

Make a new nltrack, and make a cobra roll in there, then highlight it and save it as an element, go back into Fahrenheit and insert the element, that's what I did for my cobra..

#26 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

^Would you seriously think I'd cancel it?
And that's exacty what I do. I have the general shape of the cobra roll saved, but I just change it a little bit every time.

I was going to change the title but laziness won. What I'm planning to do either today or tomorrow (depending on when I get all my hw done) is go back and reshape the cobra roll and how it is is how it's going to stay (unless minor changes are needed)

Trust me Britfag, I wouldn't cancel this. I've put too much time and you as well to cancel this.

Expect another set of pics for the next cobra roll attempt in a little while!

#27 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

^Would you seriously think I'd cancel it?
Trust me Britfag, I wouldn't cancel this. I've put too much time and you as well to cancel this.

In that case, your title is quite misleading.

Anyways, trackwork's decent. Keep it up.

(cop) SSCoasters Staff (cop)
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Posted Image
Maverick | Millennium Force | Ravine Flyer II | Top Thrill Dragster | Kumba

#28 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

^Decent as in "it's good" or decent as in "it could be a lot better"?

#29 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

Decent as in 'it's good'. ;) I'm not exactly sure on Fahrenheit's shaping, never rode it, let alone looked into a POV or something, but if you have the shaping accurate, then I'd say it's good to go up until this point.

Posted Image

#30 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

Well I typically try my best, and if you compare this to other people's "said to be" recreations of this on other sites, then this is really good. About the shaping, my cobra roll.... that's where it's iffy. I'll be going back to the cobra roll after I start the supports for the lift and some of the norwegian loop/inverted loop (Intamin calls it an inverted loop). As I said above somewhere, if i can't get it, it'll just be however I make it.

This is only my 3rd "real" coaster on NL so I'm trying my best.

EDIT: Does anyone know where there are multiple viewpoints of the cobra roll for reference? The one's I have aren't very good. If someone could also get a nice overhead view, you will be the savior of my horrid cobra rolls. (post them from photobucket onto here if possible please!)

#31 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

DP, but it's once again an update on the dreaded cobra roll. Here's the pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:mad: Enjoy. :mad:

(sorry to explode at all of you, but with all the "it's ok" and I keep trying and it's not good enough is starting to get to me because it's not like I can do anything else but this and with the minimal advice on where it needs work isn't helping me much.)

Maybe it's time to look into things to make me not so stressed or angry about this....

Again, sorry for breaking out, but you have to see it from my point to understand what I'm under right now with all the other issues that don't even come close to comparison with what I've said so far.

What should I have done all along? Not listen to all your comments about how it's not right, because now I seriously regret not keeping it the way I had it because it was better then than it is now.

Good day.

#32 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

From the most current cobra roll pictures you have you have the basic shape down. Now i would add more banking at the peaks of the roll (where it goes upside down) like in these pictures: http://cache.rcdb.co...r8ahp8fq400.jpg http://cache.rcdb.co...0h85eg8leq2.jpg As for the pull-ins i am unsure i cant find the coatser on bing or google, and my computer that im on can handle youtube until its fixed. I hope i helped :)

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#33 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Bring the center of the Cobra roll up a little, and increase the size of the sizing nodes on each side until it's continuous.

Posted Image

#34 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

Looks good, do what Kyle said. Also, I think the banking at the end should be a bit more, it looks under-banked.

Looks very good for a hand-build CR, move on!

#35 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

Do that^

Did you make these?:

Posted Image

If not, you have to give the person who made them credit.

But this looks really cool! Don't cancel!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#36 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:28 PM

Now i would add more banking at the peaks of the roll (where it goes upside down) like in these pictures. As for the pull-ins, i am unsure i cant find the coatser on bing or google, and my computer that im on can handle youtube until its fixed. I hope i helped :)

It's fine, the pictures of the banking for the pull-ins, I wasn't able to find except for on POV's on youtube. I'll be going over the cobra roll again and trying to fix what everyone's pointed out that I can. Thanks!

Bring the center of the Cobra roll up a little, and increase the size of the sizing nodes on each side until it's continuous.

I completely forgot to do continuous roll for the top! I do see what you mean, so I'll be fixing that later today! Thanks!

Looks good, do what Kyle said. Also, I think the banking at the end should be a bit more, it looks under-banked.
Looks very good for a hand-build CR, move on!

Thanks!!! It did take me a really long time (1 1/2 hours) to make and I'm happy you're all liking it. When you say the end however do you mean the pull out? If so, there's a reason (if you mean the straight unbanked part). If you've ever seen POV's of this, there's actually a straight-ish spot because there were supposed to be trims there but they were never installed, so I'll be keepin it straight until I get to the S rolls which will be coming up after I start the supports! Thanks! :D!

Do that^=
Did you make these? If not, you have to give the person who made them credit. But this looks really cool! Don't cancel!

Trust me, thanks to what you're all saying and how this cobra roll is turning out to be a lot better, I'm definately not going to cancel! The person I was able to get them from actually got them from a whole chain of people who passed them down, so who truly made it's been unclear. I found these on another person's coaster and asked if I could use them and he said sure because they weren't his, but if I can check in on Britfag, he said that he might be able to change the color of them to an orange color that way they aren't such an eye sore.

-- -- --

Well apparently I should spaz out more and build at the same time!! (ahahaha jk...) but really, I'm very happy that this (my +20th) attempt has worked out for the most part. I do see what you're all saying about how it needs more banking in certan areas and etc and I will fix that later tonight after I finish all my wonderful homework...

Again, sorry if I sounded pissed off in my update, I just needed more advice on where I should fix things and I was and I was pretty sick of the word cobra roll but you all did exactly what I needed!! :D !

#37 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

DP, but it's a video update instead of pictures. Scott, I included a view of the improved cobra roll in the video so see if it looks a bit like your pictures!

Here's the video.

I did state some things that can be changed, so take notice to them!
Thanks! :)

#38 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPfPxo9ytXU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPfPxo9ytXU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Theres the video. As for the ride it looks fine but does the cobra rolls pull out realy have a higher pull out?

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#39 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

Nope.^
[*youtube]KPfPxo9ytXU&[/youtube]

Just remove the star.

Posted Image

#40 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

<object width="480"... </object>

Theres the video. As for the ride it looks fine but does the cobra rolls pull out realy have a higher pull out?

The embedding you gave me was for HTML, and the thread rules don't allow HTML codes. I could tell right away thanks to the little <'s and also just the overall code. I learned this in my beggining web design class because we had to make video codes by hand, and that sucks. We were just given the basic codes and we had to do the rest to put it in our own websites that aren't the best, but are improving. The reason why it sucked was because we did it all by hand in Notepad, and if we copied and pasted, our teacher can see. They have some program where they can watch each cpu screen, and show their screen on all of our screens.

Pull out as in the element itself, or do you mean by the center part? (end of video)

Nope.^
[*youtube]KPfPxo9ytXU&[/youtube]
Just remove the star.

Thanks!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fahrenheit, hershey park, lambchopz, nolimits