Formula Rossa Recre, DONE!! (explanations added)

clothoid loop lambchopz loop teardrop loop tutorial

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#141 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

Can't believe I missed those pics...

This coaster gave me a huge erection.

That's still a tiny one.

Posted Image

#142 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

Want a picture?

#143 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

No, thanks.
EDIT: We're off-topic, I guess...

Posted Image

#144 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

[quote name='sathothy']Wow that gos fast. it is looking awesome[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='kid26120']i love the pisctures, go on ![/QUOTE]

We did, only our X-ties green are all in the coaster. We are negotiating about 2 other ss sets with someone yet.

[quote name='pkiknex25']Actually, by guessing the height of the fourth hill and how big the next turn will also be, they probably will need to launch it as fast as they are now. You can even tell the speed loss between the second and third hill is pretty significant.
Track work looks great and it's nice to see how easy it all fits together.[/QUOTE]

Yes we expect that launch is needed.

[quote name='Helmut']I like the 'Pam!!!' at the end of the video. Who was it, Tom or Koen?

Looks amazing![/QUOTE]

It was a BAM, and it was Tom. I were the ''kut'' in the first failing video. Thanks for saying it's amazing

[quote name='gromit']There is only one word to say, Amazing!;):eek:[/QUOTE]

Thx!

[quote name='xx-cyp-62-xx']wow your coaster is amazing very good speed[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='RCT2123']This thing is a beast. The shaping looks spot on.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, thanks.

[quote name='maarten12']You're doing a really good job on this beast :). I cannot wait for the full circuit![/QUOTE]

We build as fast as we can, we want to have it finished in the holiday. However, we probably ain't gonna make it.

[quote name='RideOnKI']This is epic, now we wait for the full circiut test.[/QUOTE]

Yep!

[quote name='Jumpge']Wow, if this is just a glimpse at a full setup, I can't wait for that day. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Sniggeh']Looks absolutely incredible. It seems that you have more than enough speed to finish the layout. Can't wait to see the size of the entire coaster![/QUOTE]

We hope our speed is just fine!

[quote name='Kevkillerke']BAM, an amazing coaster entered[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Don't quote us with the BAM :D

[quote name='mynci321']This is looking really nice so far, I wish you luck on completing the rest![/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='Maxwell58']Amazing speed. This is flawless. Just cant take it anymore. It's too epic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Jogumpie']I'm a fan. :) I'm glad that the setup succeeded.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sir.

[quote name='Dabubs']*drools* This is too good to be called amazing.....
-Bubba[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='TheSUCKCrew']Can't believe I missed those pics...

This coaster gave me a huge erection.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Helmut']That's still a tiny one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheSUCKCrew']Want a picture?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Helmut']No, thanks.
EDIT: We're off-topic, I guess...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Suck. Please make a seperate threat for your erection picture, it would kind of spoil our FR threat ;)

You are indeed of topic. Thanks for the comments, but going off-topic is no real problem.

Now the update: We built a small part, because we ran out of pieces. No stories, just pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment and enjoy, it will take your postcount up. (quote of MPThrillrides)

-=TK=-

Posted Image

#145 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

Looks pretty awesome to me!

Move on,

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#146 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

Now you can clearly see how big this beast actually is :D

Which turn is this? The one between the second and third hill?

Posted Image

#147 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

Looks pretty awesome to me!

Move on,

-AsM

Thanks. We moved on.

Now you can clearly see how big this beast actually is :D

Which turn is this? The one between the second and third hill?

It is huge! It is the turn between the third and the fourth hill. It's now done.

We were pretty disappointed about getting only 2 comments, we would like some more so we can improve our coaster to the maximum, even if the update is not that big. Well, this new update is, and for you we included our last update as well so you can comment on that as well without needing to scroll up. There has been some change in size due to the cross-point, but now it still fits the scale. See and enjoy!
[EDIT] PLEASE READ!
We wanted to let you guys know which part of the coaster we are making now. When you looked at the last setup update, you could see a half finished hill. The turn after that hill is shown in this update, it is the really big turn that eventually goes through the structure.
On this update you also see the smaller half finished hill, after that this part will come:
Posted Image
(the part with the three last hills and the brakerun)
So basically, we're almost finished with the whole coaster because we only have to make 3 more hills untill the final brakerun!
Overviews:
Posted Image
Posted Image
POVs:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Low cross-point:
Posted Image
Posted Image
High cross-point:
Posted Image

Please comment, be harsh.

-=TK=-

Posted Image

#148 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

With coasters like this (multiple parts later connected in a large setup) it is important you show which part is which. Your previous update was rather vague to me and I can imagine that vagueness caused people not to comment.
This update is more clear, although you should make sure your pictures are focussed correctly. The coaster, it is looking great!

Can you give us an overview? And with that I mean an aerial picture of the ride real with parts that you already built marked.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#149 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

I finally get which piece is what part of the ride :). It would be nice if you do what Jochem said. And oh, your shaping is perfect ;)!

Posted Image

#150 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

Seems like an extremely overscaled Senza Fiato to me:)

#151 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

I never experienced much vagueness, because I once had the idea of recreating this beauty (But it became Beast of Speed)
I real, this coaster is the smoothest coaster ever made, and you guys do make the Knex replica really smooth as well :)

Posted Image

#152 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

Looks epic, and perfect! Go on!

#153 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

wow, this looks amazing! will this apear in a dd expo?

#154 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

^If it is, I an moving to the Netherlands!! :D
Your to the end, so make the three hills now! I am curious to see how much speed you'll have at the end of this to have to add a brake run or not, but either way it will be great. You just keep impressing me more and more as each day goes by, so please continue to do so!

Posted Image

#155 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

Hard to follow but my gosh, I've paged through this thread with my jaw on the ground between my feet, amazing.

#156 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

I really hope it doesn't need to fly like a banshee out of hell in the first part, only to have it crawl through the last bit...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#157 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:12 AM

I just noticed some of the tubes bending. It are the red tubes, the ones of the third hill I guess. Not that it is a big problem, but please keep this in mind.
Hmm, some good weather today! :D

Posted Image

#158 kpmcman

kpmcman

Construction Worker

• 35 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

so my question is how do you know the train is gonna make it through the track? That would suck if you add the track and it valleys...just sayin...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#159 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

[quote name='Jogumpie']With coasters like this (multiple parts later connected in a large setup) it is important you show which part is which. Your previous update was rather vague to me and I can imagine that vagueness caused people not to comment.
This update is more clear, although you should make sure your pictures are focussed correctly. The coaster, it is looking great!

Can you give us an overview? And with that I mean an aerial picture of the ride real with parts that you already built marked.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it worked. I hope everyone now imagines where we are?

[quote name='maarten12']I finally get which piece is what part of the ride :). It would be nice if you do what Jochem said. And oh, your shaping is perfect ;)![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='TheSUCKCrew']Seems like an extremely overscaled Senza Fiato to me:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah it kind of is.

[quote name='Helmut']I never experienced much vagueness, because I once had the idea of recreating this beauty (But it became Beast of Speed)
I real, this coaster is the smoothest coaster ever made, and you guys do make the Knex replica really smooth as well :)[/QUOTE]

We try our best.

[quote name='RNB']Looks epic, and perfect! Go on![/QUOTE]

Thx.

[quote name='dragon']wow, this looks amazing! will this apear in a dd expo?[/QUOTE]

8 by 4 meters in an expo??? Do you have mammut roadtransporter we can borrow?

[quote name='Jumpge']^If it is, I an moving to the Netherlands!! :D
Your to the end, so make the three hills now! I am curious to see how much speed you'll have at the end of this to have to add a brake run or not, but either way it will be great. You just keep impressing me more and more as each day goes by, so please continue to do so![/QUOTE]

You can stay where you live right now.

[quote name='the_burrito_master']Hard to follow but my gosh, I've paged through this thread with my jaw on the ground between my feet, amazing.[/QUOTE]

Hard to imagine someones jaw lying somewhere swimming between his feet. Would be funny however.

[quote name='pkiknex25']I really hope it doesn't need to fly like a banshee out of hell in the first part, only to have it crawl through the last bit...[/QUOTE]

That's my concern too. It would be so damn sad if that happened. But hey, it still is big :).

[quote name='Helmut']I just noticed some of the tubes bending. It are the red tubes, the ones of the third hill I guess. Not that it is a big problem, but please keep this in mind.
Hmm, some good weather today! :D[/QUOTE]

With the final set-up we will erase last big bumps and try to straighten all of the tubes.

[quote name='kpmcman']so my question is how do you know the train is gonna make it through the track? That would suck if you add the track and it valleys...just sayin...[/QUOTE]

I won't, our launch is extremely strong and we have a lot of rubber bands so we can launch it as fast as we want.

UPDATE: Not so big, but the coaster is almost finished. Well, here it is.
Formula Rossa :: Upd. 14 picture by T_KK_N_E_X - Photobucket
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment and enjoy,

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#160 sathothy

sathothy

Architect

• 823 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

Thats a nice hill. I hope there is going to be good wheter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clothoid loop, lambchopz, loop, teardrop loop, tutorial