Least Favorite Roller Coaster?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

We all know your favorite coasters, but we rarely hear about the coasters that aren't so hot. So what's your least favorite roller coaster?

It would also be good to explain your choice as well.

I'll start:

Mean Streak

I don't know if it was the time of the day or w/e but awhile after lunch at Cedar Point we got on Mean Streak and I got a headache and my heart started like burning, it was pretty terrible. The trims on the lift hill made it pretty lame too.

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#2 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

For me, Hurler at KD. I thought the one at Carowinds was bad, man I was sorelly mistaken.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#3 Legoguy1395

Legoguy1395

Construction Foreman

• 260 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

My 2 least favorite are both at Cedar point.

1. Manits - It broke my feet.

2. Millennium force - One of the most boring things in the universe. It has one of the coolest looking lifts though.

On the contrary Mean streak actually had airtime, and I didn't feel any trims when I rode. Only the first turn was boring.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyrush|New Texas Giant|Outlaw Run|Intimidator 305|Bizarro|X2|Voyage|Boulder dash|Leviathan|Maverick

My youtube channel!

#4 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

Runaway Mine Train at Six Flags Great Adventure. It is so painful, I almost broke my neck. That's a kiddie coaster? Don't let the kids ride this piece of crap!

Posted Image

#5 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

^^ How the hell is MF boring?

Hades at Mt.S**thole is horriblely painful. It gets worse and worse every year because Mt. Olympus has something against maintaining their coasters. But if you can get past that it has great airtime.

#6 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Both sides of Gwazi. Way to rough.

Before the new trains that is.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#7 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

Wolverine Wildcat Michigan's Adventure (don't tell alpal).

Posted Image

#8 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

My 2 least favorite are both at Cedar point.

1. Manits - It broke my feet.

2. Millennium force - One of the most boring things in the universe. It has one of the coolest looking lifts though.

On the contrary Mean streak actually had airtime, and I didn't feel any trims when I rode. Only the first turn was boring.

WTF? If anything Mantis would hurt your calf's (which if you have any leg strength you should be fine), Mille is amazing as long as you don't ride the dead middle of the train which even still kicks the crap out of most coasters, and Mean Streak having airtime? I'm curious as to when you rode it because as of 3 years ago, it was trimmed to death and already rough as hell.

Mine would have to be either Mean Streak or Psyclone at SFMM, both just absolutely rough as hell and not enjoyable at all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#9 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Be it known that Legoguy has no (good) taste in roller coasters.

Psyclone at SFMM. That shit was terrible.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#10 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:21 AM

I hated EuroSat, Europapark. It was rough, had a way too long lift, and I hurted my head at the end.

#11 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

Go-Gator @ Dagenham Town Show 2010.

It's just not thrilling enough..... D:

#12 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

The mine train at SFGAdv was really not fun. Mean streak is a little smoother now, but its not as boring as mine train.

#13 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

Roller Coaster (Upper Clements Park) ( the only coaster in NS) They do not maintain that thing at all! The carts sake like crazy, its sooo old some of the wood is rotted...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#14 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

Mean Streak for sure, it beat the living crap out of my back. On the pullouts it feels like your spine is getting jackhammered. I tried to hold myself up with my arms to make it less painful, but it didn't work too well. I wouldn't ride it again if someone paid me.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#15 Jester1960

Jester1960

Construction Foreman

• 226 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

I have to add Mean Streak also, the coaster looked awesome, but as my brother, my roommate and I found out, the first hill was very painful, the seats slapped each of us in the back so bad, that we had to walk it off for awhile. my roommate was done for the day, he was in so much pain. I voweled NEVER AGAIN. sorry Cedar Point, but TEAR IT DOWN !!!

EDIT: WOW RCfanatic you had the same Idea at the same time

Jester1960

#16 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

I rode Mean streak twice, and both were very enjoyable rides... It could have been just where I was sitting, not sure. I've definitely been on worse though.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#17 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Like I said, it might just have been how I was feeling, but that beat me up. However I'm willing to give it another shot just to see if I get "cussed" again :D

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#18 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

Mean streak was definitely the worst ride. ever. I already was getting thirsty, and I had a mild headache. Afterwards, I had a killer headache and a sore neck and back. It was almost our last ride that day (got on at 7:00 PM, park closes at 10:00 PM), but I had to push on for TTD, Raptor, and MF, each for a second time.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#19 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

I rode Mean streak twice, and both were very enjoyable rides... It could have been just where I was sitting, not sure. I've definitely been on worse though.

You must have been sitting in a good car/train. I've ridden some rough coasters before, but nothing compares to Mean Streak.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#20 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

Never ridden Mean Streak so I can't hop on that wagon, but hurler was quite the painful ride to me. Anaconda is a pretty close second though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]