arrow coaster double loop dynamics

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

I like the supports. The layout is perfectly Arrow. It's nice to see a coaster based off of an older company. Good luck getting it to work.

Posted Image

#22 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

Looks really good. Is there any noticeable shaking? That might be a problem. I really hope that you can get it to work, this is incredible so far.

Posted Image

#23 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

This is my new favorite looper. Good job Suck!

Posted Image

#24 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

The corkscrew structure just blew my mind! A way to make it so the train makes the second corkscrew is to take out the second hump after the first turn (the one after the two loops) and make it a drop. Would save speed and make it make the last corkscrew easier. Otherwise, glad to see you building again. :)

Posted Image

#25 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Very nice lay-out you've got there!
It's sad about the corckscrew. Is it close?

Pretty close, it stalls at the top.

Oh I love it, I may like the turns even better than the corks :). You might want to remove all the batteries on top of the car and only use batteries on the bottom. This makes the train stay stable on the track and when putting batteries on top of it it does the opposite effect. I noticed this a few weeks ago :)!

Thanks, nice to hear some comments on the turns too, because they were even harder to make than the corkscrews.

^Lol, i discovered the same thing when i was experimenting with weight on my small hyper coaster :P

The coaster has a nice layout Suck, i hope you can fix the My-car-doesn't-want-to-go-through-the-2nd-corkscrew problem ;)

-=Tk=-

Problem is almost fixed;)

Looks good, I love the layout! Hope you can fix the problem!

Thanks. Working on it.

I like the supports. The layout is perfectly Arrow. It's nice to see a coaster based off of an older company. Good luck getting it to work.

Thanks!

Looks really good. Is there any noticeable shaking? That might be a problem. I really hope that you can get it to work, this is incredible so far.

Not really any shaking at all.
The loops shake a tiny bitsidewards, but while building Telon, I experienced that that doesn't take any speed at all.

This is my new favorite looper. Good job Suck!

Thanks!

The corkscrew structure just blew my mind! A way to make it so the train makes the second corkscrew is to take out the second hump after the first turn (the one after the two loops) and make it a drop. Would save speed and make it make the last corkscrew easier. Otherwise, glad to see you building again. :)

Thanks you! Never stopped buildiing, you know;)

It is really close to making it through the second cork.
Might get you a testvid as soon as it runs perfect.
Keep the comments going!

-Suck.

#26 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

You want comments from non-Dutchies? OK, I am German for this moment then... ;)

Those corkscrew supports are so awesome! Like Maarten said, fix the batteries, and keep your train running. That will probably solve the problem :)

EDIT: I'm Dutch again

Posted Image

#27 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

I love the corkscrews!

#28 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

everything looks spot on. My suggestion to help make the second cork, is to try adjusting to carry ther momentum slightly better. After the double loops, can you raise the "bump" just a little bit before the valley, and then slightly lower the crest after the valley, to help carry the speed into the turn around and into the corks. I know on NF small adjustments like that made enough of a different to make the ending. (or my second suggestion, make it really easy to keep resetting the train and just keep running it for awhile, because it will pick up some speed just from breaking in the track.)

This thing looks awesome though!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#29 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hey guys! There it is, final update.
Today I bought Silicone Spray. I always used bicycle oil. Wow, this stuff works a lot better!

Anyways, picture time. What I did is adding a turn, brakerun, station, and I finished the lifthill.

Overview:
Posted Image

Overview:
Posted Image

Lifthill:
Posted Image

Station:
Posted Image

Final video coming soon!

-Suck.

#30 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Nice station, really creative! ( ...isn't it...? ) ;)

Great coaster you got there Bart. The lift, the loops, the corks, everything looks spot on.

Siliconen spray does wonders! ( . )( . ) :) (Oh, wait: ( . ):)( . ) [fixed] )

Posted Image

#31 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

Awesome coaster!! But that station is too short ;)

Posted Image

#32 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

This truely looks like a Arrow looper. The shaping is spot on, as well as the corkscrew supports. Really good job on this coaster, I enjoyed watching you build it.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#33 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

Very nice shaping and corkscrew support's. You did a great job

Posted Image

#34 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Bart, I really really really like this ride. And I had a good laugh at your station pic.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#35 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

I bought Silicone Spray. I always used bicycle oil. Wow, this stuff works a lot better!

Yes it really does. It's made for plastics!

( . )( . ) :) (Oh, wait: ( . ):)( . )

LOLZ. That is awesome.

Bart, I really really really like this ride. And I had a good laugh at your station pic.

Pretty much. This is one of the few coasters that actually captures a specific designers flow. Everyone likes to label their coasters B&M this, Intamin this, but here is a coaster that truly looks Arrow. Nice work Bart.

Posted Image

#36 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the comments guys.

I have to disappoint you though.
Some big wooden plate fell on it, and it pretty much wrecked the whole part with the corkscrews and turns.
So I am not sure whether I'll be fixing it to make a final video or not.
On one hand I think I kinda owe it to you guys, but the main reason I build coasters is for my own fun.
And rebuilding half-wrecked trackparts is nothing but frustrating.
I have the feeling that if I don't make a video, I will regret that decission afterwards....

I hope to come to a decission tomorrow.

-Suck.:(

#37 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Oh man, that's really said to here :(
I was really looking out for the video!

IMO you have to fix it. It's a great coaster where you can be proud of!
I remember when this kinda happened to willen(greenappleW) to. He's drop was demolished.
Though he rebuild it, and now everyone thinks it's a great ride!

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#38 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

aw man that sucks :( i hope your knex is alright (the rods,connectors,....)

you can rebuild it, but i can imagine that it is anything but fun.

anyways, a wooden plate? how the heck can a wooden plate fall on your coaster? does your ceiling hate you or something? or where did the plate come from?

(this is going to be my sentence when someone is in trouble and if it has something to do with rollercoasters)

may the g-force be with you

wardcc-2.png

#39 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Use the pictures that you made, so you know how to build it! Than it should be do-able.

#40 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

^Exactly what I was going to say.

It is sad to hear that it's destroyed. I guess everyone learned not to have wooden pallets in their living room when K'nex are in the room as well. (huh)

Anyywwwwaaayy, I know this may be something you might not want to do, but I would fix it as best as possible and make a final video. I didn't make one for Orange Rush, and I really regret that right now. I had similar reasons not to make a video (couldn't install and correct my brakes), but if you don't, you're going to regret it instead of knowing you were able to fix and overcome it. This is an amazing coaster and I'd personally love to see this coaster working again.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.