SS Arrow looper: Dragon Fire recre (10/11/11)

auto burrio full master

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hello

I lost interest in perfect storm (to be revived later) and started on Dragon Fire , a Arrow looper located at Canada's Wonderland. So far I have the lift, drop, and first loop. The lift looks just like it, using Arrow box supports, however, it ate up alot of yellow rods.

Firrst drop:
Posted Image

Lift:
Posted Image

Loop(ignore the lasr part) :
Posted Image

Overviews:
Posted Image
Posted Image

COMMENT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#2 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

The cat walk near the bottom of the lift is screwed up. Everything else looks really good!

Posted Image

#3 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

Looks good so far.

Lol, I can't wait for the comments saying that the first loop looks lopsided (believe me, they will come when your first loop is finished) ;D

#4 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

Loop looks kind of small.

#5 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

good job! I really like it.

#6 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

It looks good as far as I can tell! It's pretty short, but it looks like you'll have enough speed for the layout.

#7 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Haha.^ He even gets a mcbr for extra speed on the final helix. Why would Arrow Dynamics put a mcbr that far into the layout?

Posted Image

#8 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

Update. Thanks for the comments!

I dont really know, but somthing about that loop looks weird...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#9 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

The first one is perfect. The second one looks too sharp at the top and on the left side.

#10 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

I actually prefer the shaping of the 2nd one over the first. The connections you have at the top of your supports should be the same for both sides; if you don't, there's a chance the shaping will be off between the sides / other loops. It's also a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Also, the support tower for the first loop is leaning in the last picture.

I would personally try to make your first loop like your 2nd one. The 2nd one is taller, and is also more realistic.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#11 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

I prefer the first one. The second one needs to be a little bit less sharp at the top, like jonnycoaster said. It also looks like it is leaning a little to the left. Just some small fixes :)

Posted Image

#12 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

I actually prefer the shaping of the 2nd one over the first. The connections you have at the top of your supports should be the same for both sides; if you don't, there's a chance the shaping will be off between the sides / other loops. It's also a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Also, the support tower for the first loop is leaning in the last picture.

I would personally try to make your first loop like your 2nd one. The 2nd one is taller, and is also more realistic.

Duplicating a loop to create a double-loop never works.
One way or another, you will always find out that the track-to-support connections have to be different to create a good shape.

I think it looks pretty good. I am not totally happy with that shaping, but I can imagine that it is extremely hard to shape a loop at that scale.

#13 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the imput, I mesed around a bit with the second loop and I think it looks wat better now. I know there is a small sharp spot on the top, and I will go fix it soon.

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#14 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

The new second loop, looks much better. Excellent work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

Alright, I have the improved loop and the turnaround.

The only thing is that I have to finish this by the 15 of november to be able to use my parts for the science fair. so that gives me about a month... I would really hate to rush this but what can I do.

I know its a bit bumppy and I will go back and fix that later.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

COMMENT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#16 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:32 AM

Could you try to smooth it out a little bit, i know it is arrow but still... Are the cars running fast through that turn?

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#17 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

I don't think this is big enough to use greys.

#18 Dabubs

Dabubs

Where is the love?

• 186 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

Looks a little bit bumpy on the entrance to the turn

Posted Image

^^Thanks Ward!!!^^

#19 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the comments but sadley, due to a school science fair, I think I will have to discontinue this, but I plan to save the double loop and use it in my next coaster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#20 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

Awww man. I was really looking forward to see giant lift hill and brake run scenery go over it. :(

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auto, burrio, full, master