• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#1 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

Dear members of SSC,

One year has passed since I started building XenoX, 1 year later XenoX has been displayed at 5 different locations. During the first expo of XenoX I've come into contact with showman De Voer who owns a Revercheron Spinning Coaster called Super Mouse. He asked me to do some filming for him and this resulted in me working at his ride on a couple of fairgrounds.

Soon the funfair in my city will begin and the Super Mouse will be coming too. The Super Mouse so happens to be the first transportable roller-coaster I've ridden, so I became eager to built this roller-coaster with K'NEX.

I present to you:

Posted Image

First I would like to show you guys some pictures from the real ride:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right now I've only built a small part which I'm still tweaking, the coach has been built and a small base with the first support and a small portion of track. The coach makes the turns fine without too much speed loss, I'm confident it will go to plan for now, but I might run into problems later on.

Please ignore the huge mess and the random coaster parts in the background, those are for a school project:

Posted Image
I try to keep the supports very similar to the real deal. Doing a good job, if I may say so myself :)

Posted Image
Sorry for the blurry picture, I need a new camera... Anyway, the coach spins fine and has a working chain-dog which works quite well :)

Posted Image
Love this picture, I really like how I managed to keep the supports so identical to the real deal.

Comment and enjoy :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

Are you building this just for fun or dose the owner of the actual ride want you too?

Posted Image

#3 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

I dont like the first turn after the lift it looks weird shaped. And it would be great if you could give me credit's for the cars :P. Im also looking forward how you wil ge the track under the lift.

Posted Image

#4 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

No, this can't be why your signature has the animated logo in it.....

Looks good so far. It would be cool if you add some details to your cars eventually to make them look like the real thing. Overall you're doing a nice job so far and I can't wait to see yet another Max-creation. I take it you'll also be automating this and hopefully adding a LED sign possibly...?

What's that loop in the background.... hmmm

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#5 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

I think you'll be fine with the height, at least I had a ton of speed left with the wild mouse I built. At the expo, it had problems as you know though. But that was because of the dust :(.
I truly like the beams that go downwards which are exactly the same as on the real thing :)!

Posted Image

#6 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

First of all, thanks for the comments :)

Are you building this just for fun or dose the owner of the actual ride want you too?

Well, the owner asked me if it would be possible, I said it would be challenging, so there's your answer. Oh yeah, and for fun of course. I love this coaster ;)

I dont like the first turn after the lift it looks weird shaped. And it would be great if you could give me credit's for the cars :P. Im also looking forward how you wil ge the track under the lift.

Yep, it's oddly shaped, not too happy about it either... It's a slightly larger radius than the other turns which is ideal as it makes a bit of speed here. I'll tweak it a little more.

Definitely looked at your cars while designing mine, there are some differences though, mostly in the chassis.

No, this can't be why your signature has the animated logo in it.....

Looks good so far. It would be cool if you add some details to your cars eventually to make them look like the real thing. Overall you're doing a nice job so far and I can't wait to see yet another Max-creation. I take it you'll also be automating this and hopefully adding a LED sign possibly...?

What's that loop in the background.... hmmm

Yep, hope to get Phase 3.0 working on this coaster. Led sign, most definitely. Not too sure about slapping paper decails on the cars... It'll look great, but I also like the "plain" K'NEX look.

The loop, as stated in the first post is for a school project.

I think you'll be fine with the height, at least I had a ton of speed left with the wild mouse I built. At the expo, it had problems as you know though. But that was because of the dust :(.
I truly like the beams that go downwards which are exactly the same as on the real thing :)!

The turns are slightly bigger than the ones you had and there is a steeper downward slope. So not much speed loss, it's pretty much consistent. Thanks for saying that the hight will be OK. Because I really have my doubt on it ;) I already lowered it a yellow rod because everything looked out of proportion.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Yep, hope to get Phase 3.0 working on this coaster. Led sign, most definitely. Not too sure about slapping paper decails on the cars... It'll look great, but I also like the "plain" K'NEX look.

The loop, as stated in the first post is for a school project.

Oooooh... :lov

I like the K'nex look too, I think the triangular part in the very front just looks funny to me for some reason. I originally though that it was the restraints. Maybe you'll check out my new coaster too once I update it. We just got a puppy, so it might be for a while since it's going to be a handful just keeping my other dog under control.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#8 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

It's a really accurate coaster so far Max! I can't see anything that you will have to make better except for the first turn after the lift. I'm curious how far you are when you post the next update :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#9 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

Oooooh... :lov

I like the K'nex look too, I think the triangular part in the very front just looks funny to me for some reason. I originally though that it was the restraints. Maybe you'll check out my new coaster too once I update it. We just got a puppy, so it might be for a while since it's going to be a handful just keeping my other dog under control.

Yeah, the triangle up front is a bit weird. The real ones have a metal handrail there. I just couldn't get it shaped properly on such a small scale. Maybe I have to resort to paper in the end...

It's a really accurate coaster so far Max! I can't see anything that you will have to make better except for the first turn after the lift. I'm curious how far you are when you post the next update :)

-=Tk=-

Thank you. I wonder why everybody is so bothered about the first turn. I kinda like it right now as it actually aids the coach in gaining speed... Making it the same radius as the other turns will probably get it to stop right there. It slightly touches the X-ties in the turns... I'll look into it though. :)

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

I wonder why everybody is so bothered about the first turn.

It looks like it's very tight in the first few inches and then has a very large radius in the rest of the turn.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#11 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

Ahh now I get your point, yeah I was still using a flexi on that part creating a small kink to a part which should indeed be straight. Changed it with a solid rod and it fixed it pretty much. I'll do some more layering when I have time to build so I can "flatten" out the turn a little more.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

I hate double posting but I think this is worth an update. The Super Mouse will be at the fairground in my city and I was hinted at that the trailers were located not too far from my school. So during my break I took my camera and hopped on my bike to take some pictures of the trailers. To already answer your question, yes I will be using those pictures as reference pictures :)

Here are a few pictures that I took, you can download all 83 pictures from the link down below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Download the ZIP file with all the pictures.

Tomorrow I have a day of and the transports have been moved, I expect them to start constructing the ride tomorrow so I hope to spend my day there and take another load of pictures of the ride.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

IT is always awesome to see Ride parts not in the full and completed assembly. Nice work Max!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

Nice!
Let's hope you can take nice pictures of the set-up to

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#15 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

Thanks to both of you :)

Sadly, Showman De Voer doesn't own his own crane so he has to rent one. Anyway, this takes a while and the crane hadn't arrived yet today so I couldn't take any pictures of the construction. Tomorrow I have a regular school day so I might go there after school just to take a quick peak and see how far they are.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Well, I've been doing my homework and shot a LOT of detail pictures from the ride. I was allowed to walk in between the supports :)

Trackwalk:
Posted Image

Just chillin' after doing some cleaning on the ride:
Posted Image

Here is a small selection of photos that I took from the coaster:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As before, you can download all the pictures from my website:
Click

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

Just wondering.... Why is the "Super Mouse" so not-mousish?

#18 finrollercoaste09

finrollercoaste09

Comming soon Typhoon X!!!

• 316 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

Max is that your coaster?!

#19 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:51 AM

No, that is just the coaster hes recreating. But I thought the same thing at first.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#20 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

Just wondering.... Why is the "Super Mouse" so not-mousish?

Do the Mack wild-mouse coasters have coaches that look like mouse cars? I guess it's just a common term to describe a coaster with tight turns. Makes you think... :P

Max is that your coaster?!

Totally, I bought it by selling my mom's house :)

No, that is just the coaster hes recreating. But I thought the same thing at first.

Are you sure? :P

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image