cg55 coaster secret winter

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#41 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

Just imagining what that room will look like with all your rides in it... (eek)

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#42 GreenAppleW

GreenAppleW

Architect

• 383 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

Wow, you did a great job there! I hope the rides are going to be awesome like your coasters!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Oooh I like it! Only way to make it more amazing is to have a little airplane fly around the room with your coasters! Can't wait to see this finished, and I bet your boss does too?

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

That is a nice color!! Are you gonna paint clouds on the ceiling? i think that would be cool.

Look below to see the ceiling

I really like the paint job, now get some of your rides in there :)!

I can not wait to start moving the coasters in, but still have a few more things to do.

Someone's doing a great job. :)

Thank you. I have been spending a lot of hours to set things up and then a lot of hours to get this far.

This has the potential to be one of the greatest projects this site has seen I think. I can't wait to see it all come together.

potential is the key word. I can not wait to see it all either.

Wow, came back yesterday, to this!!

This entire project blows my mind, your ideas are fantastic and this whole project looks great already! Keep up the great work, its amazing!!

Thanks I hope you keep on enjoying it

wow very good job i can't wait to see this finish

One step at a time, and I figure like a model train layout it will never actually really be finished.

Just imagining what that room will look like with all your rides in it... (eek)

Should not be too too long, sometime in Jan hopefully.

Wow, you did a great job there! I hope the rides are going to be awesome like your coasters!

Thanks

Oooh I like it! Only way to make it more amazing is to have a little airplane fly around the room with your coasters! Can't wait to see this finished, and I bet your boss does too?

LOL, but not many airplanes get to fly over amusement park.

The lights you see now will function as the rooms override lights, and when the true room lighting is installed the spacing and intensity will be much better corrected and give a much better feel to the room. But here is the ceiling in place with the current lights which look kinda odd, but I very happy with how "clean" this looks and also how I know it will fade away and not be a distraction to the room once the rides and etc are in place.
Posted Image

Up next, building the platform.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#45 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

So you're building a platform for the whole room except for the walkway in the middle? And the rides will sit on top of that?

I really like what you're doing here. It's going to be great to see.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#46 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

Lucky kids. Everything will be at eye-level to them. It'll be like walking around in a plastic amusement park :P [/irony]

#47 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

So you're building a platform for the whole room except for the walkway in the middle? And the rides will sit on top of that?

I really like what you're doing here. It's going to be great to see.

Yes, check out the first part of the platform

Lucky kids. Everything will be at eye-level to them. It'll be like walking around in a plastic amusement park :P [/irony]

Should be a great view for everyone

Here is the current set-up (about 2/3 of the first base of the platform. Still need the flat installed and of course plexi glass to keep hands away)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#48 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Wow, that looks amazing so far. Really want to see the final product.

Posted Image

#49 MichaelG

MichaelG

Architect

• 504 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

Wow, that looks great!! Keep up the great work!

#50 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

Awesome! I'd suggest a few individual squares in the platform that you can pull off to give you an easier place to stand.

Posted Image

#51 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

Nice, this looks awesome, you should incorporate Max's Phase into this as well then the kids can operate your rides as well ;)

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#52 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

2015ASM: umm, I will add some interactive buttons at some point, but probally nothing as complex as phase 3.0 (I have enough expense in the room already, but maybe down the road.)

YAY, first part of the platform is built.

From the door
Posted Image

looking down the isle
Posted Image

back of room
Posted Image
Posted Image

half way thru the isle
Posted Image

Next up, I have to remove the tall uprights (I have them marked but they will be in the way as I lay the decking, and I also have to take them offsite to a saw at my house so that I can make grooves to fit the plexiglass into)

Also, I will start to lay the platform decking. I will first lay 7/16" plyboard, followed by 1/4" installation (to help cut down on the noise, K'nex® are loud), and finally a piece of luon (thought of many different decking options and this seems to fit to bill the best as it will provide strength, the ability to drill or place a screw if needed, and yet it should also dampen the sound.)

After the decking is laid, it will be primed and then everything will be painted black. I will also place luon in front of the platform to cover the bottom.

expect an update in 1-2 days, as I should be able to work on the decking the next few days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#53 GreenAppleW

GreenAppleW

Architect

• 383 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

dude, this is so sick!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

How many people can stand next to each other in that path? Seems really shallow...

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

That's crazy! I'm just a bit confused about the poles extending to the celing? why are they there? is it for glass? That looks really nice, and it seems like a lot of time was put into that.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#56 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

dude, this is so sick!

Thanks

How many people can stand next to each other in that path? Seems really shallow...

It is 4 feet wide. A wheelchair can fully turn around, and about 5-6 adults can move comfortably in the room.
If I had the space available there would not be any glass at all and the pathways would be 7-8 feet, but we can not always have what we want.

That's crazy! I'm just a bit confused about the poles extending to the celing? why are they there? is it for glass? That looks really nice, and it seems like a lot of time was put into that.

As I have been explaining, the uprights are to hold the plexi glass in place, so that people can not touch things.

First layer of the platform deck is layout.
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#57 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

It is incredible to see how much work is put into this! The path looks very thin with the uprights in the picture, but the last picture clearly shows that there's enough space. I cannot wait to see some models in there :)!

Posted Image

#58 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

You're making really good progress on the platform :D Also, do you think you can tell us what rides (besides the ferris wheel) you're planning to put on the platform? I'm really liking where this is going.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#59 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

It is incredible to see how much work is put into this! The path looks very thin with the uprights in the picture, but the last picture clearly shows that there's enough space. I cannot wait to see some models in there :)!

It has been a ton of work. I do have some assistance from time to time (Punkrock (chas) has helped me assemble the ceiling and platform, my father has helped me with some tech issues, and one of the museum employees has helped me hold things in place) a majority of the work is done by solely by me. Models should hopeful start coming in on Jan 3rd (So look for updates the next two weeks for sure)!!

You're making really good progress on the platform :D Also, do you think you can tell us what rides (besides the ferris wheel) you're planning to put on the platform? I'm really liking where this is going.

The 6 foot Ferris Wheel, Basilisk Rail, Night Fury, Hedgehog, ReAction, Hurler Whurler (made by punkrock), and then some others. (The ferris wheel and Hurler Whurler may not make it into the room at first, The may go someplace else for a short tenure)

NOW onto my 9 hours of work from today!!!
I know it does not look like much, but I laid two more layers of the decking so it is now complete, and also cut the side boards.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Next up, some primer on the deck (it will not be an amazing coat of primer, just making sure to seal the major areas) and then paint everything black!!

(the side boards will be removed and painted separately also)

Stay tuned as more is to come in the next few days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#60 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I think this project is going on incredibly. I think the concern is not whether people can fit one way but rather if it will be efficient. It all depends on the popularity of your museum I suppose but it seems like it could be a bother to have an enter and exit "queue" so to speak in that small area. I will definitely be checking up for future updates and to see how this whole project pans out.

Looks Great,

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem