Hedgehog (update 3/4/15)

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

'Tis time to release another build that I am working on.

Night Fury is finally complete, so I feel I can spend sometime on this coaster now. I built the beginning of the base and also the lift hill and first turn and such back in August, and pulled it back out today. (I've told a few people, and I know turtle even saw it when he visited). This will be going into the K'nex® Amusement park I am working on. (on a side note, the room is coming along well, once I have the materials, I will post in that thread) (on a second side note, the boomerang is on hold, I am mad at it).

To preempt my pictures. I know the track height it wrong I need to lower the supports and simply did not get a chance to yet, was more concerned with getting the long straights strong enough, and the turns to be smooth. Also, I do not want to show the coloration just yet, so I have desaturated the pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ickus305, 04 March 2015 - 04:19 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

Amazing job as usual and why is it in black-and-white just out of curiosity?
Edit: Sorry, didn't see the last sentance in the pharagraph:S(huh)

In pieces logo thing

#3 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

uhnn...looking for the white-black pictures you are hiding the colours so...

i guess that you are using the super ultimate rare that only me and you have...

"BLUE CROSS-TIES"

tcham tchammmmmmm...

also things looks great!

:)

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

I guess you're going to wait a bit before showing off your stunning new color scheme?

Looks nice, I like how the straights are not parallel but actually more compact.

#5 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

It looks like the x-ties and the tubing have almost the same color.
Good coaster for your theme park!

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#6 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:39 AM

Seems like that is going to be another cool colorscheme ;) It looks really nice, and i like it that you put the chainguide right under the track, it makes the whole thing look cleaner and realistic!

Great job, can't wait to see more :D

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#7 Dabubs

Dabubs

Where is the love?

• 186 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

Reminds me of Super Mouse a bit....
-Bubba :P

Posted Image

^^Thanks Ward!!!^^

#8 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

I nearly fainted reading the title of the thread, worried that you were doing my next build, but you aren't so I am happy. :D Anyways, I think you can easily pull something like this off, but make the color scheme awesome to the ride which is exactly what you plan to do. I just can't wait to see what this looks like in color!

Posted Image

#9 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

I see you got to work on it more. :) All your coasters seems a lot cooler in real life. I'm sure you can pull this off. Looking good so far. I won't tell anyone the colors of it :)

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#10 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Humm, I'm thinking I won't do a colour photo until this thread hits 25 posts.

Here is the second update. Got a few more turns completed. I have a few ideas for the layout next, but there will only be one more support added. I plan to only use the existing supports for the rest of the ride.

Overview
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

head on (I am still adjusting the track height to control the speed)
Posted Image

I do plan to use this car set-up for the cars.
Also I like setting up the track strengthener up this direction as it keeps things looking much cleaner.
Posted Image

I also have a lot of detail and theme work I am planing to do for this coaster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

Let me take a guess for the color scheme: yellow track with yellow cross ties and red middle track.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#12 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

Amazing how you keep the track so straight, I'm having trouble with the Super Mouse.

I see you are using a "park model" supports so that certainly makes stuff a whole lot sturdier. That's where I'm having the most trouble, I could've opted to go with tubes for the main supports but that would defeat the square I beam look the real ride has. Right now my coaster is flimsy and I can't want to actually get something done so it will defeat the shaking... That and I still need to add the diagonals on my ride.

I can definitely learn a lot from you and maybe that could be mutual as we are both working on a similar type of coaster. I'm very interested, good luck!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

Let me take a guess for the color scheme: yellow track with yellow cross ties and red middle track.

Not even close at all

Amazing how you keep the track so straight, I'm having trouble with the Super Mouse.

I see you are using a "park model" supports so that certainly makes stuff a whole lot sturdier. That's where I'm having the most trouble, I could've opted to go with tubes for the main supports but that would defeat the square I beam look the real ride has. Right now my coaster is flimsy and I can't want to actually get something done so it will defeat the shaking... That and I still need to add the diagonals on my ride.

I can definitely learn a lot from you and maybe that could be mutual as we are both working on a similar type of coaster. I'm very interested, good luck!

Max I definitely learn a lot from all of your projects (and am flattered if you learn something from me), and when I saw the straight track set-up you had, I knew how I could make my straight track actually straight instead of bowing.

Also yes the structure is really sturdy. If you see those doors in the background of the pictures, I turn the entire structure sideways and walk it thru the door, so that I can have it out of the way when I am not working on it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Wow, that looks really nice James. Absolutely solid.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#15 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

Looking good! It appears your building this in your amusement park room, am I right?

Posted Image

#16 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

Yay a new coaster from Ickus! The only thing is so far it is pretty generic, i wish someone would do something different with mouse coasters.

#17 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

Ima guess that no one will get your color coordination right, you'll probably amaze us with colors alone again.

Posted Image

#18 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

GRRR Does it count if one person posts 25 times... Looks awesome! The wheel hub is so close the the track strengthener. Can't wait for the hills!

#19 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

^ I'm considering spamming if we don't get to 25 this update. ;)

Post people!!!

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#20 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

Really nice-looking supports. They look strong enough to hold the track, but do they budge at all when the train hangs a corner?

EDIT: Darn you and your scrambled picture URLs...