Hedgehog (update 3/4/15)

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Sorry, but I hate this layout. Just stupid turns. please add some airhills or other crazy things, not just turns.

#42 montu32

montu32

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

fantastic little coaster,great pace.That last pic looks something a proffesional would do,genius!!!

#43 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

I love it! It is very different from a lot of other wild mouse coasters. It would be nice if you could speed up the station a bit so there are more trains in the track.

Posted Image

#44 GreenAppleW

GreenAppleW

Architect

• 383 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

make the tubes gray that looks better by the gray flexies
other than that i like the layout!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

It's different, I like it, although I like the hills on wild mousse coasters.

And can you add some brakes in the straight parts? At the and it seems to go really fast.
You don't have to, but I think it might look better

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#46 sathothy

sathothy

Architect

• 823 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

I really like this alot! But some hils are nice to. And i love the collers

#47 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Ickus, I hate to say but this lay-out is very very poor. Almost each Wilde Maus has atleast a bigger drop in it! Why did you finish it like this?

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

I think it needs a re-doing also, all the wild mouse I've been on, have turns and straights above, then instead of baking in on themselves, they have a speedy section, with speed hills and double dips and such..

I love the colours though, and the construction is fantastic, just the layout..

#49 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

I mayby be the only one but i dont really like it. I think you rushed it up.

Rushed is vague please be specific and tell me what the issue it, I can not fix something if I do not know the problem.

Wow, this is pretty cool. Nice little coaster. I love the color scheme. My only suggestion is maybe speed up the station a bit to maybe have another car going at the same time?

The station is set to release so that when things line up fully correctly as one car exits the lift, the next car enters the lift. The sometimes there is a space or etc and it takes a little long to release. Though I am working on helping it to release so that more often there are 2-3 cars on the track.

Sorry, but I hate this layout. Just stupid turns. please add some airhills or other crazy things, not just turns.

Hate it all you want. A lot of Wild Mouse rides are mostly turns. I see 4 drops in the layout. and what crazy thing would you like?

fantastic little coaster,great pace.That last pic
looks something a proffesional would do,genius!!!

I do some photography, and it was a picture that I took my time to set up and shoot.

I love it! It is very different from a lot of other wild mouse coasters. It would be nice if you could speed up the station a bit so there are more trains in the track.

Thanks. Same replay about the station as I wrote above.

make the tubes gray that looks better by the gray flexies
other than that i like the layout!

I am adding orange parts in the detailing that I am working on.

It's different, I like it, although I like the hills on wild mousse coasters.

And can you add some brakes in the straight parts? At the and it seems to go really fast.
You don't have to, but I think it might look better

Unfortunately if I add any braking the trains will not clear the layout. Also, the ending pacing is hard, because it all depends on how well the train does on the top on how much speed it carries at the end, everything adds up and compounds across the layout.
But yes I did consider it.

I really like this alot! But some hils are nice to. And i love the collers

Thanks

Ickus, I hate to say but this lay-out is very very poor. Almost each Wilde Maus has atleast a bigger drop in it! Why did you finish it like this?

I had the goal of re-using the same supports underneath and wanted to follow the path somewhat. I had hoped that I would not need to lose the amount of height that I had to in order for speed, so I was hoping to be able to make the drops bigger, but unfortunately was unable to.

Since the consensus appears to be that more hills are needed. Someone give me a logical and feasible way to change the layout some, and I will consider making the changes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#50 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

I like how this wild mouse is different compared to others. I don't really miss that hill. On the contrary, I like the 2 'layers' of turns. Nice colours James! It would really be more awesome if there were more cars on the track at the same time.
And remember: Build what YOU like the most. ;)

Posted Image

#51 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

I think it looks fantastic. If you don't have the speed for a different layout, don't do it.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#52 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

I like how this wild mouse is different compared to others. I don't really miss that hill. On the contrary, I like the 2 'layers' of turns. Nice colours James! It would really be more awesome if there were more cars on the track at the same time.

I agree with you 100%. This coaster is very unique and I'm quite happy that you decided to stray from the norm. I also agree with the idea of you being happy with what you build instead of making everyone else happy. If you're proud of what you built, and trust me, you should be, then I would keep everything that you have however you like it.

Btw, where / do you have a link to where you got your blue crossties? I've been trying to find them and have had no luck.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#53 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

I personally love it but If you want to add hills you could just add them between the turns. That would be pretty cool!

#54 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Normally I agree with that last statement, but in this case I do not.
Ickus has to serve his costumers, they are all that counts. And I could imagine that a few hills would absolute help with that.

That doesn't take away the fact that this is freaking awesome though.
You did a very great job so far, and I like the 2 layers. The coaster would probably be rather boring to ride, but it sure looks great!

I personally would like you to change the layout, but I believe you can choose whatever you want and you probably know what the best thing to do is.

Well done once again!

#55 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

I like how clean and sharp this ride looks. It's simple, but effective.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#56 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'm not sure why some people seem to not like it, I think it's great! I would much rather see this than another cookie-cutter wild mouse. It's very beautiful, and I'm sure the museum visitors will love it! :D

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#57 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

The coaster looks really good because of the nice color scheme, so nice job on that part of the coaster! But just as some other said: I don't like your layout very much. It has a LOT of turns in it, and i would like to see some more creativity in the layout of this wilde mouse. Such as: Downgoing helix, more hills, downgoing S-turn etc.
It would make the coaster much more intresting and different than most mouse coasters, but it is your decision to change it or not.

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#58 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Did some slight modifications to the layout.
Added a drop, and small "woops" section.

I hope this is able to make the layout more interesting to everyone.

front view
Posted Image

lower view from front
Posted Image

another front view
Posted Image

close up
Posted Image

The video

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#59 jacobc0aster

jacobc0aster

no coaster, no life

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

oh, wow Love it I like the color scheme... The drops seam smoother than the last update.. I saw in the pictures a started boomerang coaster project :D

#60 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hedgehog looks way cooler with the new bumps. Great job!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.