• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hello guys just thought I would share a image of what I have designed. I wish CD would have more sets available but apparently they are working on a new design for the scorpion set. I am currently working on knex coasters. Anyone have good recommendations on some good knex sets? I currently have the rippin rocket roller coaster and looking for some good expansions.

Here is a image of my coaster not the greatest design but was my first attempt. I will post a video as soon as I figure out youtube. Fairly new to this stuff bare with me lol :o)....

Posted Image

#2 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Trying to load video hope this works.

#3 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

Having not worked with any CD whatsoever, I like it, even if some of the elements look a bit misshapen. However I do think that the second lift is a bit odd and it looked like you had enough speed to finish the layout.

Now k'nex, I do work with ;). Your going to definitely need at least one screamin serpent, It has a good train as apposed to the crappy rippin rocket car. There is also the Shark Run and Storm Mountain sets which are a bit smaller and seem to be more rare. I have seven or eight screamin serpents and two or three rippen rockets. I don't have any of the other two sets. But I also have a ton of extra knex for supports. Start small and build up over time, don't try to purchase a lot right away, just a tip ;)

Hope this Helps,
-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#4 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

I did just not enough room and base plates. Couldnt expand out because of the grey plates on the bottom. Have to buy more but they are hard to come by....

#5 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

use ebay, however it may take a few weeks to win a bid and it depends how much your willing to pay.

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#6 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

I do use ebay just not much for sale besides comet set. Not compatable. They stoped making this set because a new scorpion design is on the way... Suppose to be much better. I just have to wait. Price isnt a issue its finding it lol

#7 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

Thank you for the suggestion on knex I think I will go and see if I can purchase one of the screaming coasters from knex. Should I just start out with one or is it ideal to start with a little more just dont go over board?

#8 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

One is good to start but if you get two it wont hurt you ;)

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#9 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Any tips you have that are helpful?

#10 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

Merry Xmas

#11 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:44 AM

There's just not many people working with CoasterDynamix on this forum.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fahrenheit, hershey park, lambchopz, nolimits