design designs layout shop

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

What is up with all these woodies! Haha, I love woodies so I don't care :). I like how this is turning out. It looks like its going to be one of the better woodies currently in progress and I can't wait to see more.

Posted Image

#22 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

I looks good but that crest isnt good in my opinion.

Thanks, but the crest? Like the predrop? I can see why, I sort of styled it after a steel coaster's predrop, but i also tried to give it some woodie-like thrill so it could almost stall at the drop. I have to keep the turn the way it is (angle wise), but I can always change the predrop design.

I like it so far, it has a good woodie feel.

Thanks! hopefully what's coming next has an even better woodie feel to it.

What is up with all these woodies! Haha, I love woodies so I don't care :). I like how this is turning out. It looks like its going to be one of the better woodies currently in progress and I can't wait to see more.

Thank you, and yes it does seems like it's once again woodie season. I love woodies too (or else I wouldn't be building one), but I'm also liking how it's turning out also. Sadly this is going to be woodie on the smaller side, but I do have plans to make bigger woodies, once I get the parts for it. I have to build small because I have to start doing PJAS construction in January.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#23 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

I would say no to the drop. It looks like you are trying to do a classic out and back woodie and that drop just doesnt fit with the style. You could just remove the little dip and have it be a flat curve before the drop. It looks like it will be a nice little coaster.

#24 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

^I'm not going with a complete and legit out and back, but I am doing a bit of a variation of it since I don't have enough parts to make a big out and back, a big coaster in general, and I don't have a lot of time.

So Merry Xmas and all. No K'Nex this year, but I did get a few good video games and a Lego set. I was able to get a ton of building done on the 24th, and I hope you all like it!

The coaster it too big to have a complete overview, so I broke it up into 2 parts.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Overhead view:
Posted Image

Banking Transitions:Posted Image

Posted Image

This is how far the cars go without lubrication. I did weigh them (8-12 pennies on each car).
Posted Image

Cute little bunny hill, but what ever could those two white boxes be......
Posted Image

:D

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#25 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:17 AM

I hope the train will go through the turn very slowly, that would be awesome :)

Posted Image

#26 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:36 AM

Are you using your new SS cars? Believe me, new cars go through the track much slower then cars that have been used like 100x

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#27 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

I hope the train will go through the turn very slowly, that would be awesome :)

So far they actually do (when you give it a little push off the lift hill). I was hoping that they would go slowly all the way around, but since it's on such a small downward slope, they have to go a little fast in the begging, then by the time the reach the drop, they're going extremely slow.

Are you using your new SS cars? Believe me, new cars go through the track much slower then cars that have been used like 100x

-=Tk=-

I've had these cars actually for almost a year or so. I've never lubricated them or anything, so that just might be the problem.....

#28 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

Well, I need to start building for PJAS this weekend, so this coaster has been completed as quickly as possible. I didn't finish the station, so there's no point showing the station. I was able to get the train to make it through the circuit very nicely. Here's the photos. I still need a name for the coaster, so I would like to have one sometime soon.

I knew this coaster was going to turn out to be a rushed coaster, but I was hoping that I'd have more parts and space so i could have a longer layout with more parts of the coaster next to each other after the first drop.

Posted Image

POV of predrop and drop.
Posted Image

Backwards POV Shot
Posted Image

Turnaround
Posted Image

Posted Image

Just a cool shot I wanted to share with you. You can see the very well shaping of the main drop, and the nice shaping of the 2nd one.
Posted Image

Names would be good. I'm starting to take apart the coaster right now sadly, and I have to already start PJAS construction. Be prepared to see more woodies like this from me!

#29 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

No pictures of the station?? I want too see the station :(
Anyway, great result for the rest of the ride!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#30 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

^Remember how I said that I didn't have enough parts, well kind of fits in right about here.

I ran out of yellow rods and I only have about 15 X-ties left, and I've been trying to convert as many of them into grey rods and other types, but I just can do it to all of them. Everything up to the turn into the station is built because I don't have enough parts, and I'm out of space to make the turn. I did try, but it just won't work.

Maybe next time I'll think about that part a little more than I did this time....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design, designs, layout, shop