What is Your Favorite Rollercoaster Building Firm?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite coaster building firm? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite coaster building firm?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

This is a thread to state and discuss your favorite building firm. You can choose more than one if you like a steel builder and a woodie builder.

I'm going to start by saying that mine is Intamin. This might change though because I have never been to a park other than CP.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#2 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

B&M. I like their ride designs, like the flying, diving and wingriders. Their inverts, loopers and hypers are awesome too. I hesitated between Intamin and B&M though. Intamin has launches and better hypers. But I like B&M better.

Posted Image

#3 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

My favorite is Intamin because they've come up with so many new designs and elements in the past decade. Their woodies look fun, too.

#4 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Intamin without a doubt. Rides like I305, El Toro, and Maverick make B&M rides seem forceless and boring even if they have unique seating arrangements.

#5 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Intamin is awesome. All of their rides are unique and give you a sense of being out of control. I also love to see what those guys come up with because it can be totally unpredictable.

#6 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

I like Mauer Söhne. They build very original coasters, and their style is very smooth. They have a nice amount of other rides too.

#7 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Intamin is the best coaster company for me. They make some very good rides, i like all if them! On the 2nd place: B&M. Why B&M for the 2nd place? I really like it how B&M coasters look. They have a beautiful style, but it's too bad that the ride experience of most of their coasters isn't as good as Intamin's.

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#8 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Intamin takes my vote. Not only are their coasters smooth, they've come up with a whole selection of coasters you can choose from.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#9 Intamin Thrill Rides

Intamin Thrill Rides

Construction Worker

• 79 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Intamin AG. There is just something about their coasters, like an overwhelming feeling of power and speed in them. Definitively some amazing elements like the twisted horseshoe-roll and the top hat. The Accelerator coasters are phenomenal and truly an extensive piece of engineering.

~Intamin Thrill Rides~

1. Intimidator 305  2. Fury 325   3. Skyrush  4. Outlaw Run  5. El Toro  6. Banshee  7. Nitro  8. Magnum  9. Iron Rattler 10. Storm Runner

#10 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

B&M. They feel like the BMW of the roller coasters. And I happen to really like BMW.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#11 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

I know I made thread about this or extremely similar to this, I know it.

EDIT: Ah ha! Found it! http://www.sscoaster...you-work-12544/

However, I change my vote from B&M to Intamin. They create more individual coasters than B&M and seem to becoming a company that's to be reckoned with. Besides, they're awesome.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#12 moose517

moose517

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Intamin as well. But i'm pretty biased being that i have been to CP and SFGA( many moons ago though) with most of my park visits being CP.

#13 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

I have to say I love Intamin. Mostly because Hershey Park is the nearest park to where i live and i go there more than any other park. I also experienced Cedar Point with more Intamin installments. I do love their unique ride designs as well, while B&M has a lot of Clones at many different parks.

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#14 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

B&M. They feel like the BMW of the roller coasters. And I happen to really like BMW.

But what would you rather have a BMW or a Ferrari? With BMW you get a solid car that you can depended upon but the Ferrari will give you a hell of a ride even though it may have some reliability problems and suck on anything but dry pavement.

#15 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

But what would you rather have a BMW or a Ferrari? With BMW you get a solid car that you can depended upon but the Ferrari will give you a hell of a ride even though it may have some reliability problems and suck on anything but dry pavement.

Funny you mention Ferrari. I did a presentation on roller coasters in college and I compared B&M to Mercedes Benz and Intamin AG to Ferrari.
Even though Intamin is my favorite, I admit that B&M makes some of the most beautiful coasters in the world: Nemesis, Black Mamba, Nitro, etc.
Intamin has more of a "shock & awe" appearance. I've yet to see one come close to B&M beauty.

#16 RCExtreme

RCExtreme

Entry Engineer

• 851 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

Gotta go with GCI. :D

#17 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

But what would you rather have a BMW or a Ferrari?

BMW. Without the slightest doubt.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#18 james123

james123

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

Intamin AG. There is just something about their coasters, like an frustrating sensation of rate and memory in them. For sure some awesome components like the turned horseshoe-roll and the top hat. The Gas coasters are incredible and truly an comprehensive item of technological innovation.

#19 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

I'm split between Vekoma and Intamin.

Sure, Vekoma coasters can be a little rough, but the look of the Corkscrew track is just beautiful.. as Alton Towers have proved, it can straight up be an artistic installation.

Intamin also makes pretty track, and their rides tend to be ground-breakers.. irrespective of their break-down rates..

Even though Intamin is my favorite, I admit that B&M makes some of the most beautiful coasters in the world: Nemesis, Black Mamba, Nitro, etc.
Intamin has more of a "shock & awe" appearance. I've yet to see one come close to B&M beauty.

I dunno, rides like Nemesis and Black Mamba are beautiful because of their installation, mid-underground, and whilst that's down to B&M, I think it's external factors.

#20 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Mack is building more and more awesome rides, too.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg